• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Trudeau be cancelled?

You've confused me. Isn't that what I said? Conservative minority government. Conservatives back in charge with a minority.

How are they in charge with a minority? You need a majority to be in charge. If you don’t have a majority, you need another party to help get you enough votes to form a government. Who would vote with the Conservatives to give them those votes?

You've confused me. Isn't that what I said? Conservative minority government. Conservatives back in charge with a minority.

How are they in charge with a minority? You need a majority to be in charge. If you don’t have a majority, you need another party to help get you enough votes to form a government. Who would vote with the Conservatives to give them those votes?
The BQ could tactically abstain on no-confidence motions. Fianna Fáil does it in Ireland.

The BQ could tactically abstain on no-confidence motions. Fianna Fáil does it in Ireland.

For a while. Then you still have the PC going into the next election with the entire campaign about how they got into power by partnering with the traitors, even if they didn’t do it officially.

Some money is going to go to Quebec along the way and that will be held up as proof that they were arm in arm the entire way, regardless of their public statements. They could potentially get a short term win out of the matter, but it would be very short, as most minority governments are, and lead to long term losses. They might do it, of course, but it wouldn’t work out for them at all.

Minority governments do happen in parliamentary systems. They are not particularly stable, but they do happen.

Think you meant majority here.

The only way the Conservatives get in charge is if they win a minority.

At least we don't use those rigged voting machines the US uses. The pine cone or birch bark method is so much better.

At least we don't use those rigged voting machines the US uses. The pine cone or birch bark method is so much better.

Manitoba's system of having local wolfpacks drop off one dead chipmunk for each vote into a pile for every candidate was working well until Putin started breeding his radioactive wolves that are mind controlled by KGB agents.

Election day is Monday. Remember to vote.

And then another Canadian election will have come and gone without many here even noticing, whilst we have an entire subforum about the US federal election drawing lots of attention for that election over a year away still.

I'm not sure what exactly to take from that regarding either country.

Back
Top Bottom