• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Trump chicken out of debating Hillary?

Sometimes more important things come up, and they need to take precedence. Besides, the regular season is nothing but an overdone round robin anyway.

Actually more of a war of attrition, which results in hundreds of injuries that often dictate the end result.

I think Trump will debate once, then find any excuse not to do it again.

I agree. I don't think Trump can get away with skipping all the debates, but I do think he's trying to.

In 2012 one of the Presidential debates ran against Monday Night Football, and the VP debate ran against Thursday Night Football. No one complained, especially not the candidates.

The debate commission does not give a rat's ass about the NFL football schedule, nor should they.

Actually HW Bush didn't want to debate Clinton if you remember. They used to call him "Chicken Bush". So Clinton kept beating him over the head calling him out for weeks until the Bush campaign finally relented. The damage has been done, and Clinton did indeed wipe the floor with Bush in three debates that took place inside a week if I recall correctly. I was in high school at the time, and Bush and Schwarzenegger had visited our school as some stop on the political trail, for some reason.

Huh, looking it up, there's been a Presidential debate every election since my birth year, 1972. Several election prior to that were skipped though, so it's not without precedent.

Poor, poor Trumpy. If he debates her, she'll wipe the floor with him with just a cursory drill down into a few issues. If he doesn't debate, Mr. Tough talk will prove (as if we didn't know already) that he's just that - talk.

Either way, Narcissists never admit they're at fault for anything, so it will all be someone else's fault. If he skips any debates, I plan to call his wussy ass out every single day on Twitter just for my own schadenfreude.

He could get by with the good old "attack the moderator" tactic from republican primary debates.

What if they manage to convince Trump to act like a regular politician for an hour or two in the debate?
That would be pretty unexpected for Hillary.

Actually more of a war of attrition, which results in hundreds of injuries that often dictate the end result.

I think Trump will debate once, then find any excuse not to do it again.

I agree. I don't think Trump can get away with skipping all the debates, but I do think he's trying to.

So... the over/under is 1. I'm going with the under. :)

Well, Trump's whole schtick is non-specific rage. When someone tries to pin him down on details or have him back up a statement, that's where he falls apart. If he's just standing there for two hours trying to answer questions about topics that he knows nothing about like "What does a President do?" or "Can you tell me how one of your ideas would be implemented?", things aren't going to go well for him.

What if they manage to convince Trump to act like a regular politician for an hour or two in the debate?

It would rend the fabric of the universe, which would fold in on itself until the whole thing fits in his pudgy little hand.

Well, Trump's whole schtick is non-specific rage. When someone tries to pin him down on details or have him back up a statement, that's where he falls apart. If he's just standing there for two hours trying to answer questions about topics that he knows nothing about like "What does a President do?" or "Can you tell me how one of your ideas would be implemented?", things aren't going to go well for him.
Nobody says it will be easy.

Trump is now stating that the election will be rigged against him.

He's already pointed out that he doesn't mind rigged systems if he gets to win. Rigging is only bad if he loses.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump's going to make America Great. What's there to debate?

If the debate falls on the same day as the NFL games, then understandably one can perceive that could reduce the amount of viewers. Maybe Trump has tickets to the game, but I would have thought that Media would not wish to create a clash in prime (time) viewing.

Back
Top Bottom