• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Windows 10 stuck in infinite loop.

AirPoh

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I have a new HP laptop that suddenly won't start up. I tried re installing Windows 10 but it didn't work and I keep getting the same message. Anyone else experience this? And/or resolve it?

HP = problem.
Windows 10 = problem.

What do you expect the result to be?

If you still have troubles, and if you have access to a working system, you may want to google for Windows 10 rescue disk. There are a number of Windows 10 rescue systems that load a live OS system that allows you to trouble shoot your system. Since I use Linux, I can't tell you the best ones to try. Once a working Windows 10 install is achieved, one can create a Windows 10 rescue dis from your current system. if you have say, a failing hard disk, or a bad memory module, a rescue disk can help you diagnose that.

I had no luck with Win 10 on two new laptops, a Lenovo and HP, the Lenovo was the better machine. Installed Linux and been virtually trouble free ever since. Just minor glitches occasionally. The only downside being software compatibility.

I have a new HP laptop that suddenly won't start up. I tried re installing Windows 10 but it didn't work and I keep getting the same message. Anyone else experience this? And/or resolve it?

Did you make recovery DVDs? There should have been a little utility that came with the laptop to create disks to do a full tabula rasa on the HD.

If you didn't, you'll have to go with Cheerful Charlie's suggestion. Good luck finding the correct drivers.

WHAT IS THE MESSAGE?

WHAT IS THE MESSAGE?

^That.

Windows error messages usually include a hexadecimal error code (typically displayed in the format 0x********, where * can be any character from 0-9 or a-f), and simply Googling that error code will often find you the solution (or at least some good leads to help you narrow down possible causes).

The combination of the error text and the hexadecimal error code (eg "0x0000007B - inaccessible boot device") is the absolute minimum information needed before anybody could possibly begin to diagnose what the problem is; By failing to include this essential information, you have presented a completely unanswerable question.

But don't feel bad about having failed to do this - I have been working with some so-called 'IT Professionals' for over ten years who STILL haven't worked this out, despite my telling them the exact same thing. Every. Single. Time.

Back
Top Bottom