• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Windows 11 Pro Sucks

Hardly anything comes with a Linux desktop OS pre-installed, except maybe Raspberry Pi. There are a billion Linux distros out there. Better off shipping the PC with no OS at all.
When I bought my current desktop machine, It took a surprising amount of effort to persuade the salesman that I really, genuinely, honestly, cross my heart and hope to die, didn't want an OS installed. Apparently, people who say they can do it themselves have a tendency to come back complaining that the computer they were sold "doesn't work".

Last year I tried to convert an old HP Windows laptop and install Ubuntu on it.

After countless tries and buying a new hard drive, I discovered that the laptop came with a chipset that is incompatible with Linux in any form or fashion, and that I was stuck with Windows on this particular hardware. Except all of my efforts had wiped out Windows with no chance for recovery. $900 paperweight.
I don't understand how trying to install an OS would ruin a computer. Can you explain?
I tried installing Red Hat 20 or so years ago and it turned my computer into a paperweight. Wouldn't even boot! I was able to reinstall windows. I had my W2k disc, but I don't really recall if I needed a new drive.

Back
Top Bottom