• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Winning souls using folded notes / WTC?

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
Basic Beliefs
Probably in a simulation
This guy folds notes and they seem to look like the twin towers at various stages of collapsing.

Jump to 7:50 - this is what I'm interested in:
I have led almost about 25 to 30 people to Christ when i've showed them this to interrupt their day.
What do you think about this evangelism technique? Note I don't believe in the conspiracies...

This is garbage. It's more Bible code type magical wishful thinking nonsense. And like the Bible code crap, it can be manipulated and messages "seen" within it to whatever the genius conspiracy theorists wants it to be. I bet you could fold bank notes to tell the story of the rise of trumpian fascism in the US, or a prophecy of a magical unicorn army coming to save us from communism, or anything else you want to find there.

This guy folds notes and they seem to look like the twin towers at various stages of collapsing.
Interesting hobby. Let's give the guy an "A" for creativity.

What do you think about this evangelism technique?
Not interested in or susceptible to being "evangelized" so you'd have to ask someone who believes in invisible space people and alien abductions.

I found an article that describes the psychological process on display in the video: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...-believers-the-psychology-conspiracy-theories

I'll summarize the key points of the article:

fundamental attribution error - the notion 'it's not random, somebody did this'

confirmation bias - look for the evidence that'll confirm what you believe, ignore or downplay other evidence

belief perseverance - actively dismiss evidence that will refute your belief

People feel less powerless if they're within the special group that's 'in the know'. 'Other people don't know what's really going on, but I know what's really going on'.

pareidolia - pattern-seeking behavior gone overboard. Like the way the guy thinks he sees a "falling building" on the folded bills. Just like a face in a cloud, there's nothing of the sort there.

From the article:
Our brain seeks order, cause and effect, and intentionality. But life is filled with chaos, blind chance, illusory correlations, and disorder. When these conditions impinge on us we become distressed, and to reduce the distress, we are compelled to make stories that fit the demands of our brain, rather than the facts of the world; stories in which intentionality, order, coherence, and purpose exist, albeit in hidden form—e.g.: conspiracy.

For persons who feel the government is malicious, knowing their ill-intent is like knowing what the predator that might eat you is up to. So, feeling that you know helps one feel less helpless and distressed.

Then the article gets around to comparing this to religion. Religion shares with conspiracy theories the traits described above. The "othering" in both is noted: "The same psychological processes that produce God for 'us,' produce conspiracy theories about 'them.'"

------------------

My commentary: You see the "us" versus "them" paranoia in his talk about converting people. He says he has succeeded at scaring people, to make them vulnerable to evangelical bullshit. His message is in effect: "The enemy is out to get you, the whole world is filled with deceptions and malice. So you better get God on your side!"

It's weird to me, because his plea ("This is a wake up call! Time to wake up!") simply has no appeal whatsoever. If he were able to figure out a way to make me feel scared, my response would never be "I need to get religious".

Boy, is this guy a pest. Is he making this video in a food court? If I was trying to eat rice and veggies from Panda Wok, I'd be irritated by his junior magician act. I'm just sitting at home, but he still got 12 minutes of my life. And he's so DUMB. I love his 'dark, edgy' buildup... too bad he can't afford a music track with somber violins behind him. "Oh. Buckle up," he tells us. When he shows the $100, he says that he sees "some dragon, or some smoke comin' up from the ground." At 8:31, in one of his asides to let us know how edgy he is, he says, "Now, it's unorthodoxed." Yes, and maybe sacriligicalized, too. "I'm not blaming the government, I'm blaming the evil people at the top." Very Trumpian (if you forget exactly who is evil at the top, that is.)
If you really want a revolting experience, find this video on YouTube and scroll down through the viewer comments. He gets a few decent responses from people who see how shallow and incoherent he is, but he's cast a spell over most of the people who commented. This is very much why we have Trump to contend with. Some of the zanies actually reference Trump; they've seen the horrible 'proof' in their own money and they need Trump to fight the evil deep state for them -- or whichever satanic cult put this undeniable imagery on our money!!! "In God We Trust"? Not when the rest of the bill is voodoo!
Gotta go. The corn flakes boxes on top of my fridge just cast a shadow on the wall of the twin towers, and that's gotta mean something. Texting you, Jesus!

....pareidolia - pattern-seeking behavior gone overboard...
Then there's this:

wvvY3Fm.png

What do you think about this evangelism technique? Note I don't believe in the conspiracies...

Interesting "technique." Perhaps those people who became Christians, were half-way-there believers in the first place. Regarding the WTC. There are ALL types of people - To note, it's some of both the religious & non-religious who believe in those conspiracies.

This reminds me when I met an interesting fellow (15 years ago now), who worked in companies dealing with big investment/trading. He told me about some interesting individuals who were some of the top investors, who would trade (buy or sell) on a night of a full moon!? An old tradition or belief perhaps. I'm sure even without the belief, there'd be the added excitment, like betting on the odds in a horse race, unless for some reason, they are sure of the results. Interesting nevertheless.

Last edited:
I have led almost about 25 to 30 people to Christ when i've showed them this to interrupt their day.
I must be more in a fog than usual. Even if it is assumed that odd things can be suggested using bank note origami, how does this lead to acceptance of Jesus? Or is this just, "weird shit therefore god"?

To me, it looks more like this guy took a bar bet way too seriously, that someone was trying to win a beer by betting that bank notes can be used to show the collapse of the World Trade Center towers.

Last edited:
Exactly -- he doesn't say anything remotely logical. It's supposed to give his audience a vague sense of dread because someone IN OUR GOVERNMENT apparently planned the 9/11 attacks (which led to Bush II's reelection, perhaps)...so...so what? But you're right, what the hell can Captain Jesus do about it? One hopes that some of the people he shows this to ask him some basic questions, starting with, what the fuck is your point? Followed by:
1) They planned this in the mid-90s, at least. Why?
2) How did they enter into the design process for the currency?
3) What was the point of sneaking 9/11 imagery onto the currency?
4) Were they the same people who sneaked slave ship imagery onto Snapple bottles and Satanic imagery onto Procter & Gamble products? If not, are THEY in cahoots with THEM?
5) Are they not powerful enough to kill you, Roy Fields, or at least keep you from making more annoying videos?
6) Can you do shadow puppets with your hands?
7) Are you holding in your hand a list of 200 known 'evil people' who are 'at the top'?
8) Let's go back to the THEY. Are they...Democrats? Atheists? Jews? Gays? All of the above? (Hmmm. Who can I think of that's a gay Jewish Democrat atheist? Larry David?? Three out of four aint bad.)

Last edited:
.....Even if it is assumed that odd things can be suggested using bank note origami, how does this lead to acceptance of Jesus?
There is some Satanic conspiracy therefore God and hell are real so to escape hell you need to accept Jesus....

Do you see the problem with that line of reasoning?

I mean the victim gets the impression that "there is some Satanic conspiracy therefore God and hell are real so to escape hell you need to accept Jesus...."

Do you see the problem with that line of reasoning?

I mean the victim gets the impression that "there is some Satanic conspiracy therefore God and hell are real so to escape hell you need to accept Jesus...."
But then if the origami trick gave someone the impression that there was a satanic conspiracy then they would have to already believe there was a satan/heaven battle going on. Otherwise they would jump to an impression of a political conspiracy if they thought it was meaningful and were open to conspiracies. Given this is likely true, then the video guy didn't 'convert' people by showing the trick but only gave true believers a bit of reinforcement for their already existing belief.

Those not prone to accepting conspiracy theories would more likely see it as just another bar trick.

Some quotes (rather than just my speculation)

https://heavy.com/news/2020/09/roy-fields-video-folding-money-9-11/

Fields cast his finding through a Christian message. “We are in an absolute season of explore everything that’s been hidden,” he said. “We live in a world of lies. If you don’t know what the enemy is doing, you won’t know it until he hits you between the eyes.”

He also claimed that American money is “satanic at the top…”

“Folks this is indisputable,” said Fields. “They executed a plan that was already planned.”

I can hear some pastor right now, saying, ‘Oh, you’re spreading fear.’ Truth is only fearful to those who don’t want the truth.”

He said too many people are “part of the world system” and trusted in money, in everything but “God himself. It’s time to turn your life to Christ,” said Fields.

Some quotes (rather than just my speculation)

https://heavy.com/news/2020/09/roy-fields-video-folding-money-9-11/

Fields cast his finding through a Christian message. “We are in an absolute season of explore everything that’s been hidden,” he said. “We live in a world of lies. If you don’t know what the enemy is doing, you won’t know it until he hits you between the eyes.”

He also claimed that American money is “satanic at the top…”

“Folks this is indisputable,” said Fields. “They executed a plan that was already planned.”

I can hear some pastor right now, saying, ‘Oh, you’re spreading fear.’ Truth is only fearful to those who don’t want the truth.”

He said too many people are “part of the world system” and trusted in money, in everything but “God himself. It’s time to turn your life to Christ,” said Fields.

Do you think he's a paranoid schizophrenic or just playing people?

Back
Top Bottom