• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Wiping Up With A Dirty Rag

poster

Basic Beliefs
none
I see Politico is running an exclusive smear campaign on Bernie Sanders and slyly declaring him unsupportable in 2020 while simultaneously glamorizing Beto O'Rourke. This, in spite of the fact that Sanders knew nothing of the 2-year-old allegations of whatshisface and Beto is second only to Ted Cruze in oil-soaked campaign contribution money. I guess the corporate media feels it best to push Sanders out of the race as early as possible.

See, I read shit-laden media sources too.

Politico has deep ties to Clintons and DLC. Political bias is to be expected. They do have a lot of good quality, informative articles though.

Politico has deep ties to Clintons and DLC. Political bias is to be expected.
You'd think they'd be upfront about that to the point of displaying it on their front page.

It's like how Fox calls itself Fair and Balanced instead of its slogan being "A Division of Trump Industries".

Politico is the establishment's website. They don't want the current version of crazy replaced with what they see as a new version of crazy.

Politico has deep ties to Clintons and DLC. Political bias is to be expected.
You'd think they'd be upfront about that to the point of displaying it on their front page.

It's like how Fox calls itself Fair and Balanced instead of its slogan being "A Division of Trump Industries".

Yeah, but I've read that FOX is unabashed about their support for Trump. Politico isn't upfront about anything. That seems to be their shtick. Definitely Clintonesque now that it's been mentioned.

Bernie Sanders in 2020, what is with "people" like poster?! He'll be 79 for the 2020 election. Besides, I really wouldn't worry about the early press, after all we know Clinton didn't beat Giuliani in 2008.
Politico has deep ties to Clintons and DLC. Political bias is to be expected. They do have a lot of good quality, informative articles though.
I thought Politico was conservative... not crazy conservative, but conservative.

Bernie Sanders in 2020, what is with "people" like poster?! He'll be 79 for the 2020 election. Besides, I really wouldn't worry about the early press, after all we know Clinton didn't beat Giuliani in 2008.
I thought Politico was conservative... not crazy conservative, but conservative.

You seriously read Politico and think it's conservative? And you ask what's with me?

eta: I guess Neoliberalism is close enough to conservatism.

Sanders should not run. 79 years old? Sheesh! Neither should Joe Biden, John Kerry or Hillary Clinton. Elizabeth Warren is borderline, age-wise.

Of course, β has his own issues. He lacks experience and is currently not holding office either. I would be very surprised if he can maintain momentum through 2019.

People, people, people.

The face of another ape.

That's all anybody wants to talk about.

People. Another lie from another con-man.

The hell with ideas.

When people care more about ideas than other people things will get better.

Who gives a shit about Bernie? What matters are some of his ideas.

Trump's big idea is to spend money building a wall.

When the nation needs it's roads and bridges repaired and modernized.

Americans like to choose their favorite ape, largely based on personality and the ability to beat out the other apes. That's just the way it is in our culture. Ideas are important but they must like the ape that spouts out the ideas or they won't support that ape.

This is not about the individuals, it's about a media organization influencing opinion rather than adhering to strict reporting of facts. Politico constantly comes up with exclusives, often through anonymous sources, or by people with political bias. Politico seems to me to be more of a neoliberal hit-squad than anything else.

Sink Sanders early and you have a better chance of also sinking his idea through the remainder of time covering the campaign.

This is not about the individuals, it's about a media organization influencing opinion rather than adhering to strict reporting of facts. Politico constantly comes up with exclusives, often through anonymous sources, or by people with political bias. Politico seems to me to be more of a neoliberal hit-squad than anything else.

Sink Sanders early and you have a better chance of also sinking his idea through the remainder of time covering the campaign.
79 years old in 2020! If the best you can do for progressive politics is a 79 year old man, there is no hope for progressive politics.

Americans like to choose their favorite ape, largely based on personality and the ability to beat out the other apes. That's just the way it is in our culture. Ideas are important but they must like the ape that spouts out the ideas or they won't support that ape.

Unfortunately, this is true.

I suppose America as a whole, but I know I'd rather have a Bernie Sanders as President than a Corey Booker, but the reality is, that isn't going to happen. The hope was a Sanders getting a good deal of stuff into the party platform was going to launch a path towards a bit more progressive policy, but then America suffered a Brexit brain fart and elected an idiot.

In general, a "pop star" like quality seems to help a bunch. I remember Limbaugh whining about Obama's pop star popularity.

79 years old in 2020! If the best you can do for progressive politics is a 79 year old man, there is no hope for progressive politics.

You're still not hearing me? I'm not a Sanders supporter, never have been. I supported and voted for the only party that actually gives a damn.

You're still not hearing me? I'm not a Sanders supporter, never have been.
Oh... so you are just here to ... ummm... tell us how fair the media is to people you don't support. Sanders is about as left as one can go and have a sustainable system.
I supported and voted for the only party that actually gives a damn.
Well golly, you get a cookie.

You're still not hearing me? I'm not a Sanders supporter, never have been.
Oh... so you are just here to ... ummm... tell us how fair the media is to people you don't support. Sanders is about as left as one can go and have a sustainable system.
I supported and voted for the only party that actually gives a damn.
Well golly, you get a cookie.

And you get Trump!

I win!

Beto O'rouke's nickname "Beta" is really unfortunate. If he runs against Trump, as sad as it is, there are people who will vote against him simply by the chant that "Trump is Alpha". Yes, politics is that sad and pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

You're still not hearing me? I'm not a Sanders supporter, never have been. I supported and voted for the only party that actually gives a damn.

I didn't realize that you supported the Green Party.

Back
Top Bottom