• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Wisconsin cops smash into black woman’s car with guns drawn after she arrives early to job interview: lawsuit

phands

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Hardcore Atheist
I'm sure the usual suspects can tell us why this isn't racist....

A Wisconsin woman showed up early one morning for a job interview when a police cruiser smashed into her vehicle and officers jumped out with guns drawn.

Robin Anderson said she feared for her life as officers ordered her to crawl over broken glass and out of her car, and then handcuffed her, reported the Journal Sentinel.

“Don’t move or they’ll shoot you,” Anderson told herself.

Glendale police later blamed the incident on a case of mistaken identity, and the department apologized to Anderson’s father and paid to replace her broken window, but not the dents in her car.

The 20-year-old Anderson was parallel-parked Dec. 20, 2017, in her Hyundai, with cars on either side of hers, outside a cell phone store near an Applebee’s restaurant at Bayshore Town Center.

Anderson had arrived early for her job interview, and the restaurant’s doors were still locked.

Police were looking for four black men suspected in a string of robberies at cell phone stores in the area, and they were allegedly driving a Hyundai Elantra — a different model than Anderson’s car.

Officers also had a specific license plate number, which did not match Anderson’s, and no women were believed to be with the suspects.

“The only thing Anderson had in common with the thieves is that she is also African-American,” said attorney Mark Thomsen, who filed the lawsuit. “Had Anderson been white this would not have happened.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/wi...ns-drawn-arrives-early-job-interview-lawsuit/

I'm sure the usual suspects can tell us why this isn't racist....

A Wisconsin woman showed up early one morning for a job interview when a police cruiser smashed into her vehicle and officers jumped out with guns drawn.

Robin Anderson said she feared for her life as officers ordered her to crawl over broken glass and out of her car, and then handcuffed her, reported the Journal Sentinel.

“Don’t move or they’ll shoot you,” Anderson told herself.

Glendale police later blamed the incident on a case of mistaken identity, and the department apologized to Anderson’s father and paid to replace her broken window, but not the dents in her car.

The 20-year-old Anderson was parallel-parked Dec. 20, 2017, in her Hyundai, with cars on either side of hers, outside a cell phone store near an Applebee’s restaurant at Bayshore Town Center.

Anderson had arrived early for her job interview, and the restaurant’s doors were still locked.

Police were looking for four black men suspected in a string of robberies at cell phone stores in the area, and they were allegedly driving a Hyundai Elantra — a different model than Anderson’s car.

Officers also had a specific license plate number, which did not match Anderson’s, and no women were believed to be with the suspects.

“The only thing Anderson had in common with the thieves is that she is also African-American,” said attorney Mark Thomsen, who filed the lawsuit. “Had Anderson been white this would not have happened.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/wi...ns-drawn-arrives-early-job-interview-lawsuit/

Used to love that State. It has gone to hell under Scott Walker.

I really liked this part from the article
. The behavior of the police is bad enough, but to fail to pay for all of the damage? Really?

I really liked this part from the article
. The behavior of the police is bad enough, but to fail to pay for all of the damage? Really?

Why should they have to pay? It's not like it's THEIR fault that the woman decided to be black.

In business classes, they tell you to show up 5-10 minutes early for a meeting, but not earlier. The main reasons were that doing so makes you appear too eager and gives the impression that you're not busy and therefore perhaps not as good as someone else who already has more tasks. I'm pretty sure, however, that it was also mentioned that you tend to get assaulted by gangs of racist thugs if you hang around in one place too long.

She really should have read more about business etiquette before going to the job interview and not doing so makes this mostly her fault. Also, I think she smoked marijuana at one point in the past, so that makes the cops not liable at all and their generosity at paying to replace her windows despite this means they already went above and beyond what was asked of these heroes.

In business classes, they tell you to show up 5-10 minutes early for a meeting, but not earlier. The main reasons were that doing so makes you appear too eager and gives the impression that you're not busy and therefore perhaps not as good as someone else who already has more tasks. I'm pretty sure, however, that it was also mentioned that you tend to get assaulted by gangs of racist thugs if you hang around in one place too long.

She really should have read more about business etiquette before going to the job interview and not doing so makes this mostly her fault. Also, I think she smoked marijuana at one point in the past, so that makes the cops not liable at all and their generosity at paying to replace her windows despite this means they already went above and beyond what was asked of these heroes.

You're mixing up two situations here.

I would aim to arrive well before the interview, but I wouldn't actually enter until a few minutes before it. Leave time for navigation errors or the like!

Is anyone else concerned about the "though crime" aspect of this false arrest?

This lady was not committing any crimes at all. It is not possible that the police observed her preparing to rob the cell phone store, because she wasn't. I presume the police came in "hot" because they assumed that they were encountering a dangerous situation and were PREVENTING criminal activity at the store.

This is a problem.

“This is something that I see all the time, everywhere, that African-Americans are being stopped for no reason and police officers aren’t being held accountable for the situations when they are wrong,” said Anderson, who says she suffers panic attacks every time she sees a police car after the incident.

“I just want it to stop,” she said. “I just want them to know this is not okay.”

Unless she has some serious other anxiety issues, that is a huge shit factor. Never really paid much attention to BLM cause I thought it was too stupid to believe police being discriminatory. I, however, can identify with the woman easier i.e. anxiety.

I'm also stoned a bit.

The construct of authority has become a disease in some people's heads, including cops. They have authority over people where crimes or possible crimes are concerned, but too many of these stunted fucking bullies think that extends to every part of every citizens' life. Like they're everyone's personal authority. They need to be taken down a peg or their jobs given to grownup human beings, not feral pigs with no conscience or self control.

The construct of authority has become a disease in some people's heads, including cops. They have authority over people where crimes or possible crimes are concerned, but too many of these stunted fucking bullies think that extends to every part of every citizens' life. Like they're everyone's personal authority. They need to be taken down a peg or their jobs given to grownup human beings, not feral pigs with no conscience or self control.

That would upset Trump voters!

Shame on you for saying such a thing.:joy:

Back
Top Bottom