• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

With limited options in Democrat Party - Gabbard jumps ship

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Tulsi Gabbard always had this feel of opportunist and not particularly liberal... or even really moderate. This limited her options as there was limited growth potential in the Democrat Party for a positionless opportunist. So she left.
Tulsi Gabbard said:
I can no longer remain in today's Democratic Party that's under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers. Who are driven by cowardly wokeness who divide us by racializing every issue and stoking anti-white racism, who actively work to undermine our God-given freedoms that are enshrined in our Constitution, who are hostile to people of faith and spirituality, who demonize the police but protect criminals at the expense of law-abiding Americans who believe in open borders, who weaponize the national security state to go after their political opponents and above all, who are dragging us ever closer to nuclear war.
Yeah, pause midway through that second sentence to breath and continue... it is a long one. You read that statement and one ponders... gee... umm... those are all alt-right talking points. This isn't some sort of, she is heavily moderate and feels the Dems aren't working with Republicans enough. She is saying the Dems are no apparently out of control.

So, the good news is, there is room for growth in the GOP, though it could be limited. Gabbard feels like a mixture of competent politician and only occasionally slobbering at Trump anus Nicki Hailey and the Angela Lansbury character from The Manchurian Candidate. So, it'll be hard to grow too much as she does lack experience Hailey has... and she isn't quite crazy enough to be a Greene or Boehart. Maybe Gabbard could be a VP nominee.

Tulsi Gabbard always had this feel of opportunist and not particularly liberal... or even really moderate. This limited her options as there was limited growth potential in the Democrat Party for a positionless opportunist. So she left.
Tulsi Gabbard said:
I can no longer remain in today's Democratic Party that's under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers. Who are driven by cowardly wokeness who divide us by racializing every issue and stoking anti-white racism, who actively work to undermine our God-given freedoms that are enshrined in our Constitution, who are hostile to people of faith and spirituality, who demonize the police but protect criminals at the expense of law-abiding Americans who believe in open borders, who weaponize the national security state to go after their political opponents and above all, who are dragging us ever closer to nuclear war.
Yeah, pause midway through that second sentence to breath
Right wing? Sounds more like moderate positions a majority of Americans could agree with to me.

In any case, are you against the positions she actually stated or are you automatically against any positions that the right wing might also agree with?

It should also be noted that the OP sounds exactly like the Republicans Party when Trump first announced his intention POTUS. But instead of sounding too right wing they were paranoid he was a lefty in sheep's clothing

Tulsi Gabbard said:
Right wing? Sounds more like moderate positions a majority of Americans could agree with to me.
Really? Which God-given freedoms enshrined in our Constitution is today's Democratic Party working to undermine? What evidence is there that today's Democratic Party believes sin open borders? How is the national security state being weaponized to after political opponents?
Who is the "cabal of warmongers" she is babbling about?
The notion that the Democratic Party racializes every issue is simply ridiculous. How is the issue of inflation being "racialized" by today's Democratic Party?

Republicans often insist that Dems are "out of touch" with white voters, religious voters, and rural voters. But they're actually not. Dems are only "out of touch" with gullible deluded fools who live in fantasy worlds disconnected from reality. YES! Dems are disconnected from the reality of white oppression that white racists think they live in. YES! Dems are disconnected from the reality of end times magical sky daddies that fundamentalist religious dominionists think they are living in. YES! Dems are disconnected from the reality of "rugged independence" and "Nobody helped me" that many rural voters think they are living in.

Racists, religious dominionists, and "rugged independents" are actually complimenting Dems when they call them "out of touch" because Dems are sitting pretty basking in the light of reason, science, and reality.

That Republicans re-cast these loony toon characters as "white voters," "religious voters," and "rural voters" is just part of the grift. The fact that people out there believe all this bullshit doesn't make it legitimate and refusing to cater to it doesn't make a person "out of touch."

Really? Which God-given freedoms enshrined in our Constitution is today's Democratic Party working to undermine?
If there is one it would be implied. It would be that there is no law against a person's right to proclaim their idiocy.

Tulsi Gabbard said:
Really? Which God-given freedoms enshrined in our Constitution is today's Democratic Party working to undermine? What evidence is there that today's Democratic Party believes sin open borders? How is the national security state being weaponized to after political opponents?
The notion that the Democratic Party racializes every issue is simply ridiculous. How is the issue of inflation being "racialized" by today's Democratic Party?
The left is against the 2nd amendment. The left was against personal freedom and liberty (compared to the right) with regards to the pandemic. Most would agree the left is more pro open borders then the right. The FBI and IRS have both been weaponized many times and by both parties for their convenience. Left and right are both pro war and pro industrial military complex. And yes the left does use racism to pursue their agenda.

The right is also as guilty as the left with many of the above aforementioned. That does not mean the moderates would like to see both parties do better.

Both sides have little respect for the 4th, trying to come up with ways to circumvent it. There's also little respect for the public taking part of the fifth--"do X if you want to use your property" is increasingly common and often has little to do with any legitimate costs imposed by the use of the property.

Tulsi Gabbard said:
The left is against the 2nd amendment. The left was against personal freedom and liberty (compared to the right) with regards to the pandemic. Most would agree the left is more pro open borders then the right. The FBI and IRS have both been weaponized many times and by both parties for their convenience. Left and right are both pro war and pro industrial military complex. And yes the left does use racism to pursue their agenda.

The right is also as guilty as the left with many of the above aforementioned. That does not mean the moderates would like to see both parties do better.
“The left” and today’s Democratic Party are not synonymous, and no party is “ pro war”.

Tulsi Gabbard 🌺 on Twitter: "I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party ..." / Twitter
I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoke anti-white racism, actively work to undermine our God-given freedoms, are hostile to people of faith & spirituality, demonize the police & protect criminals at the expense of law-abiding Americans, believe in open borders, weaponize the national security state to go after political opponents, and above all, dragging us ever closer to nuclear war.

I believe in a government that is of, by, and for the people. Unfortunately, today’s Democratic Party does not. Instead, it stands for a government of, by, and for the powerful elite. I’m calling on my fellow common sense independent-minded Democrats to join me in leaving the Democratic Party. If you can no longer stomach the direction that so-called woke Democratic Party ideologues are taking our country, I invite you to join me.
linking to Leaving the Democratic Party - The Tulsi Gabbard Show - YouTube
Does anyone here care to watch that video?

Seems to me like she watches too much Fox News, with all that mudslinging and all those smears directed at the Democratic Party. She's even appeared on that network, on Sean Hannity's and Tucker Carlson's shows.

So far from supporting Bernie Sanders. :p

The left is against the 2nd amendment.
Thank you for throwing catnip my way. Obviously you are dead fucking wrong about this. You are either dishonest, too stupid or just plain fucking ignorant if you believe such shit. Only one President in the history of the United States of America has suggested taking away guns and worrying about due process later. Want to take a guess who? Don't bother - it's the guy you worship

Take a wild fucking gues who else is against the 2nd amendment. That's right, the person you must worship if you consider yourself conservative:

The left was against personal freedom and liberty (compared to the right)
You can fuck right off right there. The right gases protesters for photo ops. The right created "free speech zones" in the Bush era. The right excommunicates anyone who has something bad to say about Trump. Don't believe me? Ask this fuckwit who started a thread gloating about such things.

If you believe in free speech and freedom, your only chance is with the left. The right don't give two fucks
Most would agree the left is more pro open borders then the right.
Nope. Most would agree that you have to be retarded if you believe a sound immigration policy is synonymous with open borders. If that's you, I don't know what else to say.
The FBI and IRS have both been weaponized many times
The only time I can think of was denying Hillary a chance in the 2016, so you should be happy about that, right?
And yes the left does use racism to pursue their agenda.
Please educate me. Seriously, show me.
The right is also as guilty as the left with many of the above aforementioned.
Take your "both sides" argument, fold it 16 times and then shove it up your arse. I'm more than willing to go tit for tat with you for acts of left wing extremism vs right wing extremism. More people died because of Jan6 than Benghazi for starters.
That does not mean the moderates would like to see both parties do better
You worship a guy moderates despise. You don't have the first fucking clue what a moderate wants.

linking to Leaving the Democratic Party - The Tulsi Gabbard Show - YouTube
Does anyone here care to watch that video?
I tried. I really did, but Gabbard made it too difficult when she said "We have a lot to talk about today" in a fucking monologue, followed by "God-given right to freedom, life and liberty that are enshrined in our Constitution's Bill of Rights", which does not mention "God" once. After Gabbard accused the Democrats of "anti-white racism who actively undermined our God-given freedom enshrined in our constitution and who are hostile to people of faith and spirituality, who demonise the police, who protect criminals at the expense of law-abiding Americans, who believe in open borders..." Four minutes into her presentation I heard enough. Gabbard was barely on the rightmost fringe of the Democrats' political spectrum at the best of times. Now she is openly a run-of-the-mill Republican.

Gabbard is emblematic of the type of anti-bush/establishment type that the Republicans started courting in 2009. It is all NWO conspiracy theory bullshit that the GOP has fully embraced. They have successfully recruited the Alex Jones crowd in while convincing their new base that the Democrats are the embodiment of the "Deep State".

Somehow they believe that Trump is their white knight of liberty while ignoring McConnel and company, the court picks, the cabinet appointments and helping to demonize the Elizabeth Warren's of the Democratic Party.

Back
Top Bottom