• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Year 11 boys ordered to stand up and labelled 'oppressors' if they are white, Christian, and male.

You must have a really bizarre notion of how Nazism worked. You really think it involved telling fifteen year olds that they oppress their neighbors? Just that?

Ah, Nazism was anti-individual and hyper-focused on race. Just like the Woke neo-racists of today.

"Just like"??? :hysterical:

Abolition.

The overturning of the hypothesis of biological race in the physical sciences.

The Civil Rights Movement.

The Housing Rights movement.

You must have a really bizarre notion of how Nazism worked. You really think it involved telling fifteen year olds that they oppress their neighbors? Just that?

Ah, Nazism was anti-individual and hyper-focused on race. Just like the Woke neo-racists of today.

"Just like"??? :hysterical:

I just don't get how they can possibly think that progressives are anti-individual. The progressive mantra is, in fact, that everyone deserves the fullest rights to their own individual self-determination; we just identify that the path to those fullest rights requires accepting that some things are definitely verboten: such as stepping on the rights of others "to be as they are and access the economy so long as they afford the same".

This means that everyone gets assessed as an individual, by the experiences that individual has had, by the capabilities of that individual.

The only focus we place on race is insofar as the impact that we find too often in that part of that experience is of racism, which has both held some individuals from achievement, prevented access to educational resources, and which often causes outsized problems with the law.

It's no surprise that the solutions that I propose to racial problems do not involve "racial solutions" but rather solutions that don't evoke race at all: end the drug war, fund public higher education, ban the box, end for-profit prisons, and "to blind the biased eye"..

The problem will, I imagine, sort itself after that. I imagine in the mean time, offering educational opportunities to those who have been impacted by racism* will also help.

*note: impacted by racism is separate from "race". One is a thing individuals experience, the other is a thing used to shoehorn people together inappropriately.

I just don't get how they can possibly think that progressives are anti-individual.

The OP was about an episode of "progressives" lumping a bunch of kids together, without individuation, and and holding them responsible for the historical crimes of people who resembled them.
Progressives are very much anti-individual. That's what this thread is about.

And I can't help but notice that you don't see it. I presume that you're OK with it when it suits you. T'was ever thus.
Tom

I just don't get how they can possibly think that progressives are anti-individual.

The OP was about an episode of "progressives" lumping a bunch of kids together, without individuation, and and holding them responsible for the historical crimes of people who resembled them.

And I can't help but notice that you don't see it. I presume that you're OK with it when it suits you. T'was ever thus.
Tom

Those assholes from the OP can suck a fat dick and get out of my tent.

I could swear this was... Is this a new thread? I thought there was already a thread about this shit with boys being forced to apologise for being human assuming they weren't being asked (incorrectly) to apologize for that in lieu of some other punishment for some other thing.

If it's a new thread it didn't get any less fucked up since then, and the school board needs to have some shit roll down the hill.

Tom

Those assholes from the OP can suck a fat dick and get out of my tent.

I could swear this was... Is this a new thread? I thought there was already a thread about this shit with boys being forced to apologise for being human assuming they weren't being asked (incorrectly) to apologize for that in lieu of some other punishment for some other thing.

If it's a new thread it didn't get any less fucked up since then, and the school board needs to have some shit roll down the hill.

I quite helpfully, I thought, pointed out it was a new thread about a new incident.

... This time around, however, the boys were only publically shamed as oppressors, but were not required to confess their sins.

The original article is paywalled but a discussion with the original education reporter is here, and summarised below:

Herald Sun Education Reporter ...

Herald Sun is controlled by Rupert Murdoch. What news channel is the YouTube from? Is it also Murdoch's?

Was there any actual "shaming" ? Obviously that would be inappropriate, but until we have a look at the paywalled discussion we don't know if that was the case. Even the paywalled discussion may be useless if it just points to Murdoch's liars.

Maybe the teacher was out of line; maybe not. One would want to know the exact context.

I am NOT one of the idiots who thinks ALL news is fake. But the percentage play is to simply IGNORE any news sourced only by Murdoch's Empire of Lies.

In response to this overblown story, a local Neo-Nazi decided to retaliate by storming into the Kingston City council and intimidating councillors, shouting in their faces and accusing them of racism, bullying, cowardice and...*gasps*...Marxism.

The free marketplace of ideas. It works, people.

In response to this overblown story, a local Neo-Nazi decided to retaliate by storming into the Kingston City council and intimidating councillors, shouting in their faces and accusing them of racism, bullying, cowardice and...*gasps*...Marxism.

Good thing we still have the actual Nazis around to defend civil conduct and fight racism.

Do you have a story link for this?

The overturning of the hypothesis of biological race in the physical sciences.
:facepalm: Hmm, yes, I still remember the year geologists finally put it together that rocks aren't igneous, sedimentary or metamorphic as a result of inheritance from their mommy and daddy rocks...

Outline of physical science

Far-right activist Neil Erikson storms Kingston Council meeting in Melbourne
https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...e/news-story/08dd74256eb3ceaafb352e8cfbb62fe7

Far-right activist Neil Erikson storms Kingston Council meeting in Melbourne
https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...e/news-story/08dd74256eb3ceaafb352e8cfbb62fe7

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom