• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Yet another reason we don't want The Felon

Being broke means debt exceeds assets. Do you have any data showing debt exceeds assets?

The US Government doesn't use GAAP for its accounting, making it more complicated to answer your question, but yes. If GAAP were applied, the numbers would likely be even worse. Whereas 2024 isn't over yet, the most recent data is 2023 and 2022. Here's the final data on 2023, all numbers in billions.

Financial Report of the United States Government

Total Assets $5,419.1
Total Liabilities $(42,898.3)
Net Position $(37,479.2)

Last edited:
If we abandon NATO, Ukraine,
So you admit that you had Ukraine.
latest
Man, you look terrible, lose weight and work on facial expressions.
That's funny because I weigh around 112 lbs (50.8 kg for you Europeans etc) and was recently asked by a boomer at a Walmart how much I weigh, because I'm so skinny (pretty rude thing to ask when first talking to someone but whatever). Anyway people are too stupid to understand differing metabolisms so I just said I'm skinny because I work at a warehouse.

Last edited:
Yeah, and I've seen it first hand. In South Korea, the US pays South Korea to provide auxiliary troops to support the US military. They are called Katusas. Korean Augmentees To United States Army. The US provides to SKorea the equivalent of E6 pay for each Katusa, even though the individual troops don't receive that. I was earning E3 at the time. I'd have been much happier wasting a year of my life in SKorea had I been receiving E6 pay instead of E3 pay. Plus the AAFES stores and the Commissary were all staffed by locals, giving more money away. I once spent three hours trying to explain the concept of "order a book you don't have in stock" to the cashier at the AAFES Bookstore because the only thing she knew was to say "not on hand" if it wasn't in the store. Then our rations were tightly controlled because so much of what the Commissary and the Class Six were going off base. It wasn't us doing that.

Forget the "they're not paying their fair share of NATO" argument. NATO was never intended for them to pay their fair share. It was always meant to be the US doing the heavy lifting. Financially, manpower, all if it. Trump fundamentally misunderstood NATO when he tried to get the others to pay their promised shares.

Given that, how did the US become the wealthiest country after WWII? Have you forgotten that every other country had its infrastructure blown to smithereens during that war? What was the manufacturing capacity of France, Germany, UK, Japan, or USSR after everything had been bombed? I'm surprised you had to even ask, it is such a well known and obvious result of WWII. It wasn't because they were paying us for protection, it is because we were the only major industrial nation with infrastructure intact. If you wanted manufactured good, it was going to be Made In America. That's why the torch was passed from the UK to the US. It wasn't because other countries were paying protection money.

No, they're not paying for us to defend them. We are paying to defend them. If we're going to throw the lives of our troops away, perhaps we should adopt a more mercenary attitude. The US is broke right now, and all of you think we should still throw our lives and money at everyone else's fight. Quit thinking the US is the indispensable nation. I've long though that if some country wants the US to provide protection, that country should apply for statehood. What I'm suggesting now, a more mercenary attitude, is actually a more moderate position.

Finally, "fight them there or else fight them here" is simple minded sophistry that doesn't even actually support the position of the US as the indispensable world policeman involved in every petty conflict around the globe. The North Elbonians and the South Elbonians are having another slap fight? Gotta send the US to intervene, or the winner will turn around and attack the US? No. Nobody is preparing a major invasion of the US, and nobody is going to be preparing one for a long time. The biggest attack we had in my lifetime was 9/11. We visit that on other countries regularly. Gotta show we're strong by killing brown foreign kids after all.
Plus lots of places after the war was politically unstable in lots of places. The USA was a safe place to invest money without worry of communists taking over and nationalizing whatever industry or service you invested in.

Taiwan is an artifact of WWII and the Cold War.

It does not have nay international status. There is a quasi legal trail of who has it.

Post war Tu awn was given the status as China, then it wentt to mainland China.

The only importance today is a center for chip manufacturing.

The idea of defending Taiwan is insane. Biden had no authority to infer the USA would defend it.

We have not learned from Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq.

Taiwan is the remnant of the Chinese Civil War. Chiang Kai-shek lost to the communists and fled to Taiwan(Formosa), he was a brutal dictator. But he was our dictator. Anyone anti communist was our friend.

Biden is constantly chanting about defending global democracy and spreading degeneracy. It worked in South Kore and we are still there in force. He thinks he is Moses. In some ways Biden is just as dangerous as Trump.

Failed in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Vietnam.

There are some in Taiwan who support unification. There is no clear majority that supports independence.

Why don’t you stop your nonsensical posting and quit twisting what people say? Of course we are HELPING Ukraine fight off the onslaught from the Nazi tyrant in the Kremlin whom you support. That is the decent and right thing to do. This does not mean that we HAVE, OWN, or CONTROL Ukraine. But you know this perfectly well. Are you posting under duress?

Why don’t you stop your nonsensical posting and quit twisting what people say? Of course we are HELPING Ukraine fight off the onslaught from the Nazi tyrant in the Kremlin whom you support. That is the decent and right thing to do. This does not mean that we HAVE, OWN, or CONTROL Ukraine. But you know this perfectly well. Are you posting under duress?
Nazi tyrants are sitting in Washington and EU/GB capitals.

Nazi tyrants are sitting in Washington and EU/GB capitals.
I don't see Washington, the EU/GB attempting to take over a neighboring country by force like Nazis do.

The US is broke right now,

I did my best to read and understand your post,

But what the fuck are you talking about the US is broke? Not even close!

The billionaires will keep saying that as long as their goal is to end taxes and regulations, but that's the huge bullshit the Naz
Oh wait I meant Teaparty keep telling you and people like you.
The USA is nowhere near broke, that's why people like Trump and Crowe keep getting richer and richer.
Tom
A $25.44 trillion GDP is the new broke.

Back
Top Bottom