• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

You find yourself in the cretaceous

Physics never heard of human time travel.

Time travel is just something humans invented, like religion.

Physics has not ruled out Jesus watching you and caring about you.

Faith has nothing to do with physics. The nature of time is the issue, block time, etc.

Nobody is saying that can be done, just that the possibility remains. It has not been concluded.

You on the other hand pretend to know, you state with absolute certainty that time travel is impossible. You have presumed to conclude that which has not been concluded by science.

My opinions are based on the nature of observers. Not the nature or time or the nature of the universe.

Observers all have specific beginnings. None are immortal.

Physics says absolutely nothing about human time travel.

It is not a topic in physics.

It is a topic in science fiction novels.

Observers once believed the Earth was at the centre of solar system.

My opinions are based on the nature of observers. Not the nature or time or the nature of the universe.

There are some observers today that believe the Earth is flat. The only reason most people today don't believe the Earth is flat is that they are taught from early childhood that it is a spheroid in orbit about the Sun... despite what their casual observation tells them.

There are some observers today that believe the Earth is flat. The only reason most people today don't believe the Earth is flat is that they are taught from early childhood that it is a spheroid in orbit about the Sun... despite what their casual observation tells them.

Maybe they’re wrong though. It seems like unter may have fallen off the edge.

Maybe they’re wrong though. It seems like unter may have fallen off the edge.

You have delusions about possible human existence in magic conditions we can't observe or know anything about.

You are a comic book jockey. Not a rational thinker.

And you believe in miracles without any reason to imagine them possible.

Human time travel is not a topic in physics.

It is a wild speculation with no known possible mechanism or evidence supporting it's possibility.

Believing in human time travel is like believing in human telekinesis.

It is a wild speculation with no known possible mechanism or evidence supporting it's possibility.

Why do you misrepresent what I say?

You change the topic with every post you make.

First you say that physics doesn't rule out time travel.

Then I say that time travel is not part of physics, it is part of imaginary magic. Like mind reading.

Then you say I misrepresent you somehow by responding to you.

I can go back and find people telling me that the reason a time traveler doesn't change the past is because they somehow were already in the past at birth.

I think you were one of them.

I pay very little attention to who is saying things.

Taking Hugh Everett’s many world’s interpretation of quantum physics this would eliminate any such issues. You could kill your grandfather and you would simply not be born in that other universe. The timeline would just be altered from that point forward.

Then I say that time travel is not part of physics, it is part of imaginary magic. Like mind reading.

You are still doing it.

I can go back and find people telling me that the reason a time traveler doesn't change the past is because they somehow were already in the past at birth.

Taking Hugh Everett’s many world’s interpretation of quantum physics this would eliminate any such issues. You could kill your grandfather and you would simply not be born in that other universe. The timeline would just be altered from that point forward.

That is mere speculation and extraordinary. There is no evidence for any of it.

You are still doing it.

Yes I still respond to your empty points.

You are still doing it.

You respond to your own interpretation of my points. Which doesn't exactly relate to what I say. There lies the problem. Science doesn't rule out the possibility of time travel, you do. You rule it out.

You respond to your own interpretation of my points. Which doesn't exactly relate to what I say. There lies the problem. Science doesn't rule out the possibility of time travel, you do. You rule it out.

Human time travel is not a topic of science.

Science does not rule out humans that can talk to the dead.

Human time travel is just a made up idea some humans pulled from their butts.

There is no reason to think it is possible and only reasons to think it is impossible.

There is no reason to think it is possible and only reasons to think it is impossible.

The possibility of time travel is a topic of science as a matter of investigation into the nature of science. Those involved are not saying that it is possible or impossible.

You do though. You declare that it is impossible before it has been determined by science. You presume to make that conclusion.

The possibility of time travel is a topic of science as a matter of investigation into the nature of science. Those involved are not saying that it is possible or impossible.

You do though. You declare that it is impossible before it has been determined by science. You presume to make that conclusion.

There is no serious science looking into human time travel.

Human time travel is just something humans invented from thin air. There is no reason to think it exists.

Believing in it is like believing in the Easter Bunny.

Is science looking for the Easter Bunny too?

Quantum entanglement is impossible in Unterland. But in reality, it can be observed. Not by him, so he denies it, along with everything else he can’t “unterstand” (ie dumb down to his own level).

Human time travel is just something humans invented from thin air. There is no reason to think it exists.

More hand waving. Read what was said and try again.

Quantum entanglement is impossible in Unterland. But in reality, it can be observed. Not by him, so he denies it, along with everything else he can’t “unterstand” (ie dumb down to his own level).

Never said a word about quantum entanglement. And entanglement is not evidence of any other universe. It occurs here in this one.

I have talked about this human delusion called human time travel. Something humans simply pulled from their butts one day.

You are reaching pretty hard.

More hand waving. Read what was said and try again.

Not one word of that is hand waving.

Believing in human time travel is no different from believing in the Easter Bunny.

Same exact process going on.

Human imagination and the creation of things that don't exist.

OK so reviving this old topic. There’s now a movie of exactly this situation called 65. I.e. 65 million years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHXejJq5vr0

I guess they time travel because they screwed up Einstein’s equations or something. Whatever.

But they have to cross the land to get to some place to get rescued and of course dinosaurs chase them.

now my question is, why would T. rex or other meat eaters hunt them? You’re not their prey. You may not even be big enough To bother with. They want some veggie eating dinosaur that is their normal food source. Plus they aren’t likely to be prevalent as to be such a threat.

My brother had to hike through lion country once in Africa. Didn’t even see a lion. They probably steered clear of him. Who knows. Maybe he was just lucky.

I also don’t think they’d bother tracking you down. if they didn’t get you the first time, they’d probably go looking for other prey.

Back
Top Bottom