• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

The group hosting the event — We The People, Bayou Chapter — is one of hundreds of so-called election integrity groups that have popped up across the country since 2020, motivated by former President Donald Trump's lies about voting.

During the Q&A portion of the event, people asked about how to stop dead people from voting "to support the Democrats" and voiced a number of other popular election conspiracy theories.

"I think one of the reasons we had so much distrust from this past election was because all of a sudden either over the course of the night, or in the wee hours of the morning, votes were discovered," said one man, repeating a common false claim about how votes were tallied in 2020.

But Ardoin wasn't just dropping by to talk about electronic voting machines or mail ballot fraud.

He was making an announcement: Louisiana would become the first state ever to pull out of an obscure bipartisan voting partnership known as the Electronic Registration Information Center, or ERIC.

ERIC is currently the only system that can catch if someone votes in more than one state, which is illegal. And election officials widely agree it helps to identify dead people on voting lists.
It's bad if someone else does it. It's okay if we do it.

Isn't it marvelous to have the grown ups in charge?;

A transgender model has been banned from the White House after going topless at a Pride Event where she met President Joe Biden. A White House official slammed the behavior as 'inappropriate and disrespectful.' Rose Montoya, 27, unhooked the top of her dress and grabbed her chest on the South Lawn as someone shouted, 'are we topless at the White House?'

Daily Mail

Isn't it marvelous to have the grown ups in charge?;

A transgender model has been banned from the White House after going topless at a Pride Event where she met President Joe Biden. A White House official slammed the behavior as 'inappropriate and disrespectful.' Rose Montoya, 27, unhooked the top of her dress and grabbed her chest on the South Lawn as someone shouted, 'are we topless at the White House?'

Daily Mail
So what?

Playing the "Disrespectful of authority, therefore BAD!" card might work in the Daily Fail, but expecting it to fly on an atheist and free thought forum is the height of naïveté.

I fully support anyone who wants to go topless anywhere; And I deride any fool who thinks that being invited to the White House is somehow the same as being "in charge"; They don't let random members of the public pass a few bills while they are visiting. :rolleyesa:

Playing the "Disrespectful of authority, therefore BAD!" card might work in the Daily Fail, but expecting it to fly on an atheist and free thought forum is the height of naïveté.

I fully support anyone who wants to go topless anywhere; And I deride any fool who thinks that being invited to the White House is somehow the same as being "in charge"; They don't let random members of the public pass a few bills while they are visiting. :rolleyesa:
I'll go farther--I can't see a sufficient state interest to require any sort of clothing in most situations.

I'll go farther--I can't see a sufficient state interest to require any sort of clothing in most situations.
Well, I sort of disagree here. I really don't want to see most of the people I know without clothing...that would be a ghastly sight. And I guarantee you that other people feel the same way about seeing me naked :lol:

To be serious, though, I really feel like this was a very disrespectful act on their part simply for purposes of getting clicks. Good manners would behoove them to behave like respectable adults when they are in attendance at a place like the White House.

Ruth

Good manners would behoove them to behave like respectable adults when they are in attendance at a place like the White House.
For sure. But there shouldn't be any sanctions (beyond the automatic loss of public approval) for merely being ill-mannered. Nobody and nothing is entitled to automatic respect, and in my book, demanding it is the fastest way to lose it.

The group hosting the event — We The People, Bayou Chapter — is one of hundreds of so-called election integrity groups that have popped up across the country since 2020, motivated by former President Donald Trump's lies about voting.

During the Q&A portion of the event, people asked about how to stop dead people from voting "to support the Democrats" and voiced a number of other popular election conspiracy theories.

"I think one of the reasons we had so much distrust from this past election was because all of a sudden either over the course of the night, or in the wee hours of the morning, votes were discovered," said one man, repeating a common false claim about how votes were tallied in 2020.

But Ardoin wasn't just dropping by to talk about electronic voting machines or mail ballot fraud.

He was making an announcement: Louisiana would become the first state ever to pull out of an obscure bipartisan voting partnership known as the Electronic Registration Information Center, or ERIC.

ERIC is currently the only system that can catch if someone votes in more than one state, which is illegal. And election officials widely agree it helps to identify dead people on voting lists.
It's bad if someone else does it. It's okay if we do it.
I am confident that the people orchestrating this "movement" don't believe the Democrats stole the election. They just need to make it look like they believe it as an excuse for vote suppression and removal of safeguards like ERIC.

Well, I sort of disagree here. I really don't want to see most of the people I know without clothing...that would be a ghastly sight. And I guarantee you that other people feel the same way about seeing me naked :lol:
I simply don't see how nudity is a ghastly sight, period. Especially in comparison to the same person wearing the legal minimum.

To be serious, though, I really feel like this was a very disrespectful act on their part simply for purposes of getting clicks. Good manners would behoove them to behave like respectable adults when they are in attendance at a place like the White House.
This part I will agree with. Asshole behavior but to me it doesn't rise to the point of warranting criminal attention.

I'd say if anyone else was shirtless, okay. But this being at the White House, I'm guessing, everyone else had shirts. And in general, I'm thinking the White House is a place that I'd never be seen shirtless, decorum wise.

Almost just as funny, Minnesota's GOP is broke also.

Minnesota’s Republican Party is not only one of the least successful in the country—the state hasn’t gone red in a presidential election in over 50 years—but it might also be the most broke. The Republican Party of Minnesota has just $53.81 cash on hand, with $335,781.36 worth of debt, according to the latest filings with the Federal Election Commission."

"Astonishingly low cash": Trump's election lies leave swing-state Republicans "effectively broke" | Salon.com
Major Republican donors to the Arizona and Michigan Republican Parties, who have each donated tens of thousands of dollars to the parties over the last six years, have ceased supplying funding because of Republican leaders' attempts to overturn 2020 election results, their support of losing candidates who tout Trump's election conspiracy theories and what they consider extreme views on issues like abortion, six benefactors told Reuters. "I question whether the state party has the necessary expertise to spend the money well," real estate mogul Ron Weiser, one of the Michigan party's biggest donors and a former chair of the party, told the outlet.
noting
Insight: Swing state Republicans bleed donors and cash over Trump's false election claims | Reuters

Those two articles discussed the AZ and MI state parties, and I've found State GOP party has just $53 in the bank with $334,000 in debt: FEC filing - Raw Story - Celebrating 19 Years of Independent Journalism about the MN state party, and that article also mentioned the CO state party.

"He kicked me in my balls": Michigan Republicans brawl at local meeting | Salon.com - "GOP gone wild: "When you see me taking my glasses off, I’m ready to rock""
As reported by The Detroit News, Wayne County Republican James Chapman was trying to get into the state party's meeting room at the Doherty Hotel by jiggling the door handle when Clare County Republican Party Chair Mark DeYoung opened the door from inside.

"He kicked me in my balls as soon as I opened the door," DeYoung told the outlet while being interviewed in the ER, adding that he had suffered a broken rib and intended to press charges against Chapman.

Chapman, however, said DeYoung was the one who swung first after threatening to kick Chapman's ass. DeYoung denied that, though, claiming Chapman squared up first — rushing DeYoung and slamming him into a chair.

From Raw Story, Michigan GOP is also almost broke.

The Detroit News reports that the Michigan GOP's bank accounts have dwindled to a mere $93,000, a small fraction of what the party typically has during this point in an election cycle.

Writing on Twitter, Detroit News reporter Craig Mauger says that GOP insiders believe the paltry amount of money in the party's bank accounts paints an "alarming financial picture."

Mauger also reveals the Detroit News received the information about the party's finances from an audio recording of a state committee member who disclosed the information at a recent meeting.

Almost no one donating to the party? All of it going to Trump's coffers?

Couldn't happen to a nicer party.

"Astonishingly low cash": Trump's election lies leave swing-state Republicans "effectively broke" | Salon.com
Major Republican donors to the Arizona and Michigan Republican Parties, who have each donated tens of thousands of dollars to the parties over the last six years, have ceased supplying funding because of Republican leaders' attempts to overturn 2020 election results, their support of losing candidates who tout Trump's election conspiracy theories and what they consider extreme views on issues like abortion, six benefactors told Reuters. "I question whether the state party has the necessary expertise to spend the money well," real estate mogul Ron Weiser, one of the Michigan party's biggest donors and a former chair of the party, told the outlet.
noting
Insight: Swing state Republicans bleed donors and cash over Trump's false election claims | Reuters

Those two articles discussed the AZ and MI state parties, and I've found State GOP party has just $53 in the bank with $334,000 in debt: FEC filing - Raw Story - Celebrating 19 Years of Independent Journalism about the MN state party, and that article also mentioned the CO state party.

"He kicked me in my balls": Michigan Republicans brawl at local meeting | Salon.com - "GOP gone wild: "When you see me taking my glasses off, I’m ready to rock""
As reported by The Detroit News, Wayne County Republican James Chapman was trying to get into the state party's meeting room at the Doherty Hotel by jiggling the door handle when Clare County Republican Party Chair Mark DeYoung opened the door from inside.

"He kicked me in my balls as soon as I opened the door," DeYoung told the outlet while being interviewed in the ER, adding that he had suffered a broken rib and intended to press charges against Chapman.

Chapman, however, said DeYoung was the one who swung first after threatening to kick Chapman's ass. DeYoung denied that, though, claiming Chapman squared up first — rushing DeYoung and slamming him into a chair.
Hell of a high hard kick to theo_O balls, to manage to break some ribs too.

There are plenty among the atheist community who, no longer having a god that watches over them and tells them right from wrong, turn to the government to watch over them and tell them right from wrong.

The response I get here sometimes is akin to the way blasphemers are treated when I question Our Government who art in Washington.

Back
Top Bottom