• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

The FBI has said it can find no records related to former President Donald Trump’s assertions in November that he “sent in the FBI and the U.S. Attorneys” to stop “ballot theft” in Florida during the 2018 election.

In a letter dated March 6 and received this week by NBC News, the FBI wrote that it had searched its Central Records System but was “unable to identify records” in response to a reporter’s Freedom of Information Act request seeking any records related to Trump’s claims.

The FOIA request was submitted a day after Trump on Nov. 10 described how he delivered a 2018 election win to now-Gov. Ron DeSantis by having the FBI intervene to stop election fraud in Broward County.

Trump issued the statement at a time when DeSantis, a Republican and potential presidential candidate, was garnering praise from right-leaning media for his resounding re-election victory last year.
Having seen "Everything, Everywhere, All at Once" we now know that there are universes out there in which Trump did indeed do those things he says he did. Perhaps our Trump is traveling between them and simply forgotten in which universe he has done what.

Breaking News

Fulton County investigators have another recording of a Trump phone call pressuring a Georgia official

Fulton County investigators have an audio recording of a phone call that former President Donald Trump made to the Georgia House speaker to push for a special session to overturn Democrat Joe Biden’s 2020 victory in the state, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The Fulton County special grand jury, which investigated Trump’s actions in the state after the 2020 election, heard the recording of Trump’s call to David Ralston, according to five of the jurors who spoke anonymously to the AJC. A source confirmed to CNN the existence of the recording, which hasn’t been made public.

The recording adds to what’s known about the pressure campaign by Trump and his allies on Georgia officials. It’s the third audio recording of the former president’s phone calls to Georgia officials that is known to exist.

The special grand jury recently concluded its work and recommended multiple indictments, according to the foreperson who has spoken out publicly. Now it’s up to Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis to make charging decisions.

Tucker Carlson is back in full sycophant mode after apparently hurting Donald Trump’s feelings in a series of private text messages that were recently made public.

Among the legal documents released earlier this month as part of the $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit filed against Fox News by Dominion Voting Systems, was a text transcript from Jan. 4, 2021, in which Carlson said he despised Trump. “We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights,” Carlson texted. “I truly can’t wait.”

“I hate him passionately,” he added.

The Fox News host was asked about the messages during an appearance on 77WABC’s “Bo Snerdley’s Rush Hour” radio show Tuesday.

“I spent four years defending his policies, and I am going to defend them again tonight,” Carlson told Snerdley. “And actually, and I’m pretty straightforward, I love Trump, like as a person. I think Trump is funny and insightful.”
Sure, Tuck. Trump's ass won't kiss itself. :rolleyes:

“And I said this to Trump when he called me, you know, all wounded about those texts,” he continued.

More of that media-government collusion that the right thinks is illegal or a constitutional violation.

Yes, Trump isn't in government now, but neither was Biden when the right says he colluded with Twitter.

My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell has been ordered to shell out $5 million to an expert who debunked his data related to the 2020 election, according to a decision by the arbitration panel obtained by CNN.

Lindell, a purveyor of election conspiracies, vowed to award the multimillion-dollar sum to any cyber security expert who could disprove his data. An arbitration panel awarded Robert Zeidman, who has decades in software development experience, a $5 million payout on Wednesday after he sued Lindell over the sum.
Lindell convened a so-called "cyber symposium" in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, in 2021, designed to showcase the data he claimed to have obtained related to the 2020 election. He invited journalists, politicians and cybersecurity experts to attend.
"Based on the foregoing analysis, Mr. Zeidman performed under the contract," the arbitration panel wrote in its decision. "He proved the data Lindell LLC provided, and represented reflected information from the November 2020 election, unequivocally did not reflect November 2020 election data. Failure to pay Mr. Zeidman the $5 million prized was a breach of the contract, entitling him to recover."
It's unclear when or if Zeidman will ever be able to collect his payout. Lindell recently told right-wing podcaster and former Trump administration official Steve Bannon that his company took out nearly $10 million in loans as he battles defamation suits related to his false election claims.

During his deposition, Lindell said he was never concerned someone might actually win the challenge.

"No, because they have to show it wasn't from 2020 and it was," Lindell said, chuckling.

The nation again looks to Georgia to save itself from itself.

Imminent apparently means six to eight months.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis on Monday said she would announce this summer whether former President Donald Trump and his allies would be charged with crimes related to alleged interference in Georgia’s 2020 election.

Willis revealed the timetable in a letter to local law enforcement in which she asked them to be ready for “heightened security and preparedness” because she predicted her announcement “may provoke a significant public reaction.”

In the letters, Willis said she will announce possible criminal indictments between July 11 and Sept. 1, sending one of the strongest signals yet that she’s on the verge of trying to obtain an indictment against Trump and his supporters.

This is why the impeachment should have addressed this issue. But the GOP decided against Justice.

Man, I wish the wheels of justice would grind this slowly for me, if I was up on charges as serious as those Trump is facing.

Or for anybody in America who isn’t Trump.

In fact, that’s one of the biggest pissers associated with that fucking whiny privileged brat: nobody in America cries as loudly as he does about being persecuted and picked on—it’s always painted as being “unprecedented” and “worst in history”—while, at the same time, he gets more (undeserved) breaks and free passes than literally anyone else in America.

It’s no wonder that arrogant cunt thinks he’s above the law…we’ve conditioned him that he is. Or, at least, has been up to now.

He’s wealthy. He gets to run out the clock. The very wealthy get to run out the clock. For you and me it’s a matter of right and wrong. The law is the law. For the very wealthy it’s a matter of how much you can get away with without being sent to prison and how long can you prolong going to prison.
He’s 77. He won. He’s not going to pay for any crimes by spending any substantial portion of his life in prison. All that’s left is the schadenfreude of seeing that miserable fuck die in prison. And I want it. It would comfort me.

Again, this demonstrates how weak a democracy (or representative democracy is). Our nation has made it this far* due to adherence to tradition. The US's U-turn was official when Palin would try to speak during McCain concession speech. The GOP have slowly been erasing those traditions and Trump took a dump on almost all of them, and now a US Senator in Montana has said he supports Trump's nomination for 2024. This is surreal, but again, shows how fragile democracy can be when sociopaths are at the door.

Trump's appeal to stop Pence from testifying was rejected yesterday, and today Pence testified.

Yeah, that was quick. Surprised Trump didn't appeal further or maybe the full appellate court phoned them and said to stop it.

Seven hours of testimony. Of course, the trouble Pence has here is that in those seven hours he can go over all the stuff he knew... and didn't take public. Hero, he isn't. He can put the bus on top of Trump, but it strikes him in the process.

When asked about the results of the companies that the Trump campaign hired to find fraud, they said:
“This is nothing more than a targeted, politically motivated witch hunt against President Trump concocted to try and prevent the American people from returning him to the White House,” spokesperson Steven Cheung said. “Just like all the other fake hoaxes thrown at President Trump, this corrupt effort will also fail.”

Let that roll around in your head for a bit. They hired not one, but two firms, spent $750,000 on one (and probably a similar amount on the other), and when they both came back with no evidence of fraud, the Trump campaign attacked them for being part of a witch hunt.

It boggles the mind. It's like if you hired a private investigator to catch your wife cheating on you. They come back later and say "no, she really did go to visit her sick sister in Kansas City. But while she was gone you had your stripper girlfriend come to the house and have sex in you and your wife's bedroom" and you get mad at him for conducting such a thorough investigation.

In Trump world, when you pay for an investigation, you're not paying people to investigate stuff, you're paying them to say that your allegations are well founded.

Needless to say, if you pay someone to investigate whether the sky is green, and they come back with the result that it's actually blue, you have every reason to feel cheated, robbed, and/or fleeced by them, as they took your money and then didn't supply the results you wanted.

The scary part is that Trumpists actually and honestly believe that this is how all "investigations" work - that they always consist of people paying a group of "investigators" to say what their paymasters want to hear.

When reality doesn't match their beliefs, the problem isn't with what they believe, but that their political opponents have been able to outbid them in the marketplace. It's probably because of George Soros.

Reactions: jab
The scary part is that Trumpists actually and honestly believe that this is how all "investigations" work - that they always consist of people paying a group of "investigators" to say what their paymasters want to hear.
The kinda sad part is that a decent chunk of the 3/4 of a million dollars this firm charge the Trump org came from donors who put a recurring amount on a credit card. Money that at least some of them don't have and can't afford to pay back.

I don't feel sorry for the folks who spring for a $2000 plate at a fundraising dinner, but there are people sending money to this grifter who fit into the "don't have $500 in savings to cover an emergency" category. Then when Memaw's hospital bills and funeral expenses hit because "we ain't gettin' the jab in this family" all they've got is a red hat and a depleted bank account while Trump's lawyers laugh all the way to the bank.

The kinda sad part is that a decent chunk of the 3/4 of a million dollars this firm charged the Trump org came from donors who put a recurring amount on a credit card. Money that at least some of them don't have and can't afford to pay back.

I don't feel sorry for the folks who spring for a $2000 plate at a fundraising dinner, but there are people sending money to this grifter who fit into the "don't have $500 in savings to cover an emergency" category. Then when Memaw's hospital bills and funeral expenses hit because "we ain't gettin' the jab in this family" all they've got is a red hat and a depleted bank account while Trump's lawyers laugh all the way to the bank.

Fuck ‘em. Conscious decisions come with consequences.

Back
Top Bottom