• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

Okay... so they polled 1,085 likely voters. 30% voted by mail.

So we are already down to 325 or so polled now. What is the +/- on that, 6%? So right off the bat, they polled people who didn't mail-in ballots... to poll people who mailed in ballots.

Notably, the push poll never asks, "Did you knowingly vote illegally?" No, instead they asked questions that could be the result of any number of benign circumstances.

What this poll tells us is that we are fucked, our Democracy is dead. Rasmussen is partisan, but this is Orwellian level of partisan.
Ouch! That's some bad math.

I think it also catches people who do a spouse's ballot with their full knowledge and consent because the spouse doesn't want to take the time to study matters and trusts the person's judgment. Technically, perhaps this is illegal but I do not see it as fraud.

Okay, this is what he's talking about.

Heartland Institute and Rasmussen Reports found one-in-five voters who cast mail-in ballots during the 2020 presidential election admit to participating in at least one kind of voter fraud.

When asked, “During the 2020 election, did you fill out a ballot, in part or in full, on behalf of a friend or family member, such as a spouse or child?”, 21% of respondents who said they voted by mail answered “yes.” (Filling out a ballot for someone else is illegal in all states, although many states allow people to assist others with voting.)

Additionally, 17% of mail-in voters said they voted “in a state where you were no longer a permanent resident.” Seventeen percent of mail-in voters also admitted to signing a “ballot or ballot envelope on behalf of a friend or family member.” (Both voting in a state where you are no longer a permanent resident and forging a signature on a ballot or ballot envelope are fraudulent activities that invalidate votes, when caught by election officials.)

According to election data, more than 43 percent of 2020 voters cast ballots by mail, the highest percentage in U.S. history.

Further, 10% of all respondents — not just those who said they voted by mail — claimed that they know “a friend, family member, co-worker, or other acquaintance who has admitted … that he or she cast a mail-in ballot in 2020 in a state other than his or her state of permanent residence.”

Eight percent of all respondents said “a friend, family member, or organization, such as a political party” offered them “pay” or a “reward” for agreeing to vote in the 2020 election.

Taken together, the results of these survey questions appear to show that voter fraud was widespread in the 2020 election, especially among those who cast mail-in ballots.

The poll of 1,085 likely voters was conducted from November 30 to December 6, 2023. Among those surveyed in the poll, 33% were Republicans, 36% were Democrats, and 31% were “other”; 32% were 18-39 years old, 46% were 40-64 years old, and 22% were 65 or older.
I'd sure like the breakdown of those answers by political affinity.
Okay... so they polled 1,085 likely voters. 30% voted by mail.

So we are already down to 325 or so polled now. What is the +/- on that, 6%? So right off the bat, they polled people who didn't mail-in ballots... to poll people who mailed in ballots.

Notably, the push poll never asks, "Did you knowingly vote illegally?" No, instead they asked questions that could be the result of any number of benign circumstances.

What this poll tells us is that we are fucked, our Democracy is dead. Rasmussen is partisan, but this is Orwellian level of partisan.
Trump thought it was the smoking gun.

Agreed about Rasmussen. But at least they were honest about the details.
No they weren't. This was a push poll specifically designed to provide ammunition for a false narrative.

I think it also catches people who do a spouse's ballot with their full knowledge and consent because the spouse doesn't want to take the time to study matters and trusts the person's judgment. Technically, perhaps this is illegal but I do not see it as fraud.

Yah, my husband and kids always ask me “how should I vote”? It’s not technically me telling them how to vote because each takes my reply, including my reasons and then decides on their own that they agree completely. But a bad pollster might conclude wrong.

Indeed, more specifically,

Heartland Institute and Rasmussen Reports found one-in-five voters who cast mail-in ballots during the 2020 presidential election admit to participating in at least one kind of voter fraud.

When asked, “During the 2020 election, did you fill out a ballot, in part or in full, on behalf of a friend or family member, such as a spouse or child?”, 21% of respondents who said they voted by mail answered “yes.” (Filling out a ballot for someone else is illegal in all states, although many states allow people to assist others with voting.)

When I help my mother vote, I read all the ballot choices and questions out loud, answer her queries, if any, she indicates her choice, and I fill in the bubble for her. AT the end, she “signs” the envelope and the nurse witnesses it.

I would answer “yes” to the above, and no fraud has occcured.

Admittedly, the last two elections, I did not go through this, as the % of time in the day when she is cogent has decreased such that I can’t guarantee that I have her actual opinion, so I’ve not submitted her absentee ballot, even though it still comes to the house.

Yah, my husband and kids always ask me “how should I vote”? It’s not technically me telling them how to vote because each takes my reply, including my reasons and then decides on their own that they agree completely. But a bad pollster might conclude wrong.

Indeed, more specifically,

When I help my mother vote, I read all the ballot choices and questions out loud, answer her queries, if any, she indicates her choice, and I fill in the bubble for her. AT the end, she “signs” the envelope and the nurse witnesses it.

I would answer “yes” to the above, and no fraud has occcured.

Admittedly, the last two elections, I did not go through this, as the % of time in the day when she is cogent has decreased such that I can’t guarantee that I have her actual opinion, so I’ve not submitted her absentee ballot, even though it still comes to the house.
Yeah, they acknowledge that but then downplay it.

Trump thought it was the smoking gun.

Agreed about Rasmussen. But at least they were honest about the details.
No they weren't. This was a push poll specifically designed to provide ammunition for a false narrative.
"Honest" in that they admitted the flaws in the fine print. Quite deceptive, though. I'm reminded of Rush Limbaugh--in what I have heard of his garbage he never lied. Likewise, others seem to have reached the same conclusion in that they couldn't point to his lies. Rather, he said things that were true but were quite deceptive and designed to make the listener believe things not stated. (I'm specifically thinking of one time I heard the windbag talking about condoms. He gave the correct in-use failure rate--without identifying the units. He then went into hypotheticals that pretended that failure rate was per occasion. And he went into hypotheticals pretending failure = catch HIV if your partner has it.

McDaniel, a Michigan native and the leader of the Republican Party nationally, said at another point in the call, "If you can go home tonight, do not sign it. ... We will get you attorneys."

To which Trump added: "We'll take care of that."

Gotta say, anyone who still believes anything Trump says is manufacturing their own punishment.

Speaker Johnson promises to blur faces of Antifa rioters to protect them from prosecution.

The Republican majority is releasing their EDITED version of evidence. I presume the Democratic minority has no choice, and may NOT do its own release: Is that correct?

How is this even legal?? Obviously the majority can do certain things the minority cannot, e.g. enact legislation. But selective evidence release? :confused2: Can anyone show a precedent for such malfeasance?

It’s not technically me telling them how to vote because each takes my reply, including my reasons and then decides on their own that they agree completely.
:hysterical:
Letting them know that the beatings will continue until morale improves, is a perfectly acceptable way to keep them in line.

the last two elections, I did not go through this, as the % of time in the day when she is cogent has decreased such that I can’t guarantee that I have her actual opinion, so I’ve not submitted her absentee ballot, even though it still comes to the house.

You know younare enabling another facet of asymmetrical warfare, right? You can bet that no trumpsucker will fail to submit ballots for their demented, brain-dead or actually dead relatives.

Ashley Babbitt's family is looking for $30 million. Babbitt would be the person you might remember being bloodied and carted away from the US Capitol building. We learned that she was shot while inside, trying to break through a doorway, which was only a couple doors away from Congress Critters, and deemed a no fall back spot. Where as some people got to wander in other places, that wasn't happening there.

Her family is looking for $30 million in response to her being killed while committing a felony.
article said:
Ashli Babbitt's mother Micki Witthoeft attends a candlelight vigil in support of the so-called "political prisoners" of the Jan. 6 insurrection.

The lawsuit, which was filed by conservative group Judicial Watch on behalf of Babbitt’s widower, Aaron Babbitt, and her estate, contends that she was “ambushed” by the officer, however.

“Ashli was unarmed. Her hands were up in the air, empty, and in plain view of Lt. Byrd and other officers in the lobby,” states the suit, which alleges wrongful death, assault and battery, and various negligence issues.

Byrd “was not in uniform, did not identify himself as a police officer or otherwise make his presence known to Ashli. Lt. Byrd did not give Ashli any warnings or commands before shooting her dead,” it goes on.
Good luck with that. It must be tragic to lose a child at any age, but she was breaking the law along with a lot of other people... and really all of those people were lucky to also not have been shot.

IIRC, there were several people that yelled out "GUN!" before she was shot.

IIRC, she was shot in a secure government facility while there without authorisation.

That's a pretty effective way to ensure that you will be shot, and I am surprised that more of the insurrectionists weren't gunned down in this way - the security forces showed remarkable (indeed un-American) restraint, in their legitimate emplyment of deadly force.

IIRC, she was shot in a secure government facility while there without authorisation.

That's a pretty effective way to ensure that you will be shot, and I am surprised that more of the insurrectionists weren't gunned down in this way - the security forces showed remarkable (indeed un-American) restraint, in their legitimate emplyment of deadly force.
She had military security training and worked as a military security guard. Surely she should have known of places where deadly force is authorized.

Ashley Babbitt's family is looking for $30 million. Babbitt would be the person you might remember being bloodied and carted away from the US Capitol building. We learned that she was shot while inside, trying to break through a doorway, which was only a couple doors away from Congress Critters, and deemed a no fall back spot. Where as some people got to wander in other places, that wasn't happening there.

Her family is looking for $30 million in response to her being killed while committing a felony.
article said:
Ashli Babbitt's mother Micki Witthoeft attends a candlelight vigil in support of the so-called "political prisoners" of the Jan. 6 insurrection.

The lawsuit, which was filed by conservative group Judicial Watch on behalf of Babbitt’s widower, Aaron Babbitt, and her estate, contends that she was “ambushed” by the officer, however.

“Ashli was unarmed. Her hands were up in the air, empty, and in plain view of Lt. Byrd and other officers in the lobby,” states the suit, which alleges wrongful death, assault and battery, and various negligence issues.

Byrd “was not in uniform, did not identify himself as a police officer or otherwise make his presence known to Ashli. Lt. Byrd did not give Ashli any warnings or commands before shooting her dead,” it goes on.
Good luck with that. It must be tragic to lose a child at any age, but she was breaking the law along with a lot of other people... and really all of those people were lucky to also not have been shot.
They have every right to press suit, same as any other citizen gunned down by the police. Of whom there are about a thousand a year, now. Many, even most, are shot in the alleged act of committing a crime. That does not mean automatic exoneration of the arresting officer, who is charged with the execution of the law, not necessarily the execution of criminals. If this particular shooting was indeed justified, that's for a court of law to decide, not the court of public opinion. In this case, the police officer who performed the shooting has already been exonerated of any wrongdoing. However, a court may yet find that the federal government, the target of this suit, is culpable creating the circumstances that led to her death.

Consider that the federal government in question was, at the time, represented at the executive level by the very man who incited Ashley Babbit to her act of suicidal violence, and intentionally failed to take the actions necessary to protect the Capitol adequately, against a siege they knew might be coming.

The source:
Exclusive: Roger Stone Spoke With Cop Pal About Assassinating Eric Swalwell and Jerry Nadler
Stone was convicted of obstruction, witness tampering, and lying to Congress in the Mueller investigation. Prosecutors sought a nine-year prison sentence for the longtime Republican operative, but Trump’s Justice Department reportedly intervened to impose a less severe sentence. Stone’s sentence was eventually commuted by Trump days before reporting to prison.

The intervention from the Justice Department prompted Aaron Zelinsky, the prosecutor and Mueller deputy who led the case against Stone, to recuse himself from the case in protest. Mediaite reported last week that Stone was caught on tape in December 2020 urging Greco to “punish” Zelinsky.

“He needs to be punished,” Stone told Greco in the audio. “You have to abduct him and punish him. That has to be done. It will be easy to abduct him because he is a weakling.”

Stone denied making those comments, claiming they were generated by AI. He has previously claimed videos of his comments are actually “deep fakes.” In response to a request for comment on the remarks aimed at Swalwell and Nadler, Stone said, “Total nonsense. I’ve never said anything of the kind more AI manipulation. You asked me to respond to audios that you don’t let me hear and you don’t identify a source for. Absurd.”
Advertisement

Greco did not deny the comments, but said in a text to Mediaite: “I don’t think your reader is interested in ancient political fodder.”

This needs to be repeated ad infinitum to Trumptards. Honestly, if more of those cunts went into Forever Boxes that day, half the problems America has right now wouldn't exist.

I meant every fucking word I just posted.

Federal appeals court lets Trump gag order stand in federal January 6 case

The federal appeals court in Washington, DC, declined to rehear arguments over whether former President Donald Trump can be prohibited from talking about witnesses and court staff while he awaits trial in the special counsel’s January 6 criminal case.

Trump has unsuccessfully tried to challenge the gag order placed on him by Judge Tanya Chutkan late last year through appeals.

The 11 judges from the DC Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday declined to touch the case after a three-judge panel previously upheld the gag order against Trump. There were no statements or dissents made by any of the judges.

Trump can appeal the ruling to the Supreme Court, and his attorneys have previously indicated that they would appeal the matter to the nation’s highest court if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom