• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

... and not a single other elected Republican official had the stones to stand up to Dear Leader.
I see two reasons for this.

1) They all have dirt to hide and they don't want a popular juvenile plain talker firing salvos in their direction to which they would have to respond in substance. In other words they're just as crooked at Orange, even jealous.

2) Trump represents their base more than they do. Trump's sycophants keep them in office. So the strategy is to do a bit of polite questioning on this or that, feign a bit of indignation, but still support every word that comes out of Orange Piehole. After all, one's political fortunes are on the table.

It isn't surprising that they don't stand up to him. This is what the dems need to get over. For fuck's sake stop acting so shocked that your enemy is actually lobbing shells at you. Fight a no holds barred fight because that is exactly what they are doing. Stop being civil and polite for fuck's sake. Lead!

I keep coming to his statement here.
Pres. Trump said:
So look, all I want to do is this, I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state.
Which is one more than we have... because we won.

Can anyone explain what in the heck he is saying here. I get he wants 11,780 to win. But "one more than we have"?

Pres. Trump said:
So look, all I want to do is this, I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state.

Can anyone explain what in the heck he is saying here. I get he wants 11,780 to win. But "one more than we have"?
He needs to find 11,780 votes which were illegal and since all of them for Biden, he wins. That's their plan :D

You might think that Republicans would begin to show some glimmer of respect for the Democrats who were the only ones who realized how dangerous this imbecile would prove to be.
To be fair, a good chunk of Republicans realized how dangerous and imbecilic this individual was back in 2016. It is just a shame that the members of this less delusional contingent of the Republican party were a helpless minority and/or were content to exchange a tax cut and some deported immigrants for the destruction of some of the longest enduring and cherished American values.

How's that for conservatism?
I knew Trump was a piece of shit imbecile within 10 seconds of the first clip I ever saw of him.

Pres. Trump said:

Lost train of thought? Maybe he was trying to say “one more than we have to get to tie”

Pres. Trump said:

Lost train of thought? Maybe he was trying to say “one more than we have to get to tie”
So ... "because we won" justifies "finding" the votes. That makes sense I wonder if he doesn't say Biden, because it becomes even more explicit, what he is demanding.

So look, all I want to do is this, I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than Biden has. Because we won the state.

You might think that Republicans would begin to show some glimmer of respect for the Democrats who were the only ones who realized how dangerous this imbecile would prove to be.
To be fair, a good chunk of Republicans realized how dangerous and imbecilic this individual was back in 2016. It is just a shame that the members of this less delusional contingent of the Republican party were a helpless minority and/or were content to exchange a tax cut and some deported immigrants for the destruction of some of the longest enduring and cherished American values.

How's that for conservatism?

Let's be clear about this. Almost ALL of them knew. Ted, Miss Lindsey, Christie, and others lined up to say "he's a piece of shit" and then when he began running away with the nomination turned right around and kissed his enormous ass for four years. Mittens gathered up what little dignity he had left to vote for impeachment, but he supported Trump's agenda otherwise, and not a single other elected Republican official had the stones to stand up to Dear Leader.

Yeah that's the truth. Actually arch conservative George Will even announced last July that he would vote for Biden in order to defeat Trump. That deserves a lot of credit when compared to all the other elite Republicans (Lindsey Graham being the poster boy) in their unabashed hypocrisy. I just wish he had used more of his seasoned intellect in order to dissect exactly why it was so corrosive to our democracy instead of just sulking about it. Only the Democrats laid out how Trump isn't just some unscrupulous clown who could be controlled, and how insidious the effects would be of thinking they could use him to achieve their goals. Apparently a lot of them still think it was worth it. But Trump never lets people use him. He always finds a way to use them.

But Trump never lets people use him. He always finds a way to use them.
It's called sociopathy.

Here's what WebMD has to say about that:
It’s not easy to spot a psychopath. They can be intelligent, charming, and good at mimicking emotions. They may pretend to be interested in you, but in reality, they probably don’t care.

“They’re skilled actors whose sole mission is to manipulate people for personal gain,” Tompkins says.

Sociopaths are less able to play along. They make it plain that they’re not interested in anyone but themselves. They often blame others and have excuses for their behavior.

Some experts see sociopaths as “hot-headed.” They act without thinking how others will be affected.

Psychopaths are more “cold-hearted” and calculating. They carefully plot their moves, and use aggression in a planned-out way to get what they want. If they’re after more money or status in the office, for example, they’ll make a plan to take out any barriers that stand in the way, even if it’s another person’s job or reputation.

So Trump would be a sociopath with aspirations to become a psychopath.

So ... "because we won" justifies "finding" the votes. That makes sense I wonder if he doesn't say Biden, because it becomes even more explicit, what he is demanding.

So look, all I want to do is this, I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than Biden has. Because we won the state.

What Raffensperger and others should do when Trump makes assertions that "lots of people are telling me" whatever, they should tell him that these people should contact him directly. "You are hereby being notified" means nothing in any official sense. All he ever does is claim that he doesn't know but here's what people are telling him. That's his standard ploy to avoid being sued. It's the main lesson he learned from Roy Cohn.

ETA - Just watched part of a live press conference with GA Voting System Implementation Manager Gabriel Sterling and in answer to a question about whether it was fair to say the President was asking for them to fraudulently find or flip votes he stated that because the Trump administration has sued the state of GA and the Secretary of State, that there are rules of evidence to follow once you do that and that trying to go outside of that is an issue. And that if they are willing to dismiss their challenge GA would be willing to share the election data with them, which shows that they have indeed lost the state of GA.

So although it looks like trigger happy Trump shot himself in the foot, he'll still get to whine about it and claim it's more evidence of corruption. So it was perfect.

Last edited:
Meanwhile in other completely coincidental and unrelated news...

article said:
U.S. Attorney Byung J. “BJay” Pak resigned his position Monday, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Georgia.

In October 2017, Pak was sworn into office after being appointed by President Donald Trump and was preceded by John Horn, now in private practice. Pak previously served as an assistant U.S. Attorney from 2002 to 2008 and in the Georgia General Assembly as a state representative from January 2011 to January 2017. His district included a portion of Gwinnett County.

Pak’s office offered no further comment about the resignation.

Meanwhile in other completely coincidental and unrelated news...

article said:
U.S. Attorney Byung J. “BJay” Pak resigned his position Monday, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Georgia.

In October 2017, Pak was sworn into office after being appointed by President Donald Trump and was preceded by John Horn, now in private practice. Pak previously served as an assistant U.S. Attorney from 2002 to 2008 and in the Georgia General Assembly as a state representative from January 2011 to January 2017. His district included a portion of Gwinnett County.

Pak’s office offered no further comment about the resignation.

Ha ha ha!

JohnHorn was replaced by BJay?

Please don't tell me that Mr Pak's nickname in college was "fudge"! I'll spew beer through my nose.
Tom

Georgia is what's called a "one-party consent" state, meaning that only one party on a phone call would have to be aware of the recording. Obviously, Raffensperger and his lawyer knew of the recording, which satisfied the one-party rule. So, Trump's lawsuits will be dismissed.

Yep.

One party consent needs to be the law of the land.

Back
Top Bottom