• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

Georgia is what's called a "one-party consent" state, meaning that only one party on a phone call would have to be aware of the recording. Obviously, Raffensperger and his lawyer knew of the recording, which satisfied the one-party rule. So, Trump's lawsuits will be dismissed.

Yep.

One party consent needs to be the law of the land.

Agreed. Not just for keeping politicians honest, but to protect regular people. It's legal in my country, and I used to have a recording app on my phone that saved every call I made or received. The recordings would be automatically deleted after a week if I didn't choose to copy them to permanent storage.

It's like a seat belt: you might need it once in a decade, but when you do, it's a life saver.

Yet every aspect of every claim made above has be shown to have no merit by every court that these self-righteous gentlemen and their allies has attempted suit to consider.

It's the height of arrogance for these people to use measures taken by states to assure voters could vote under extreme conditions of pandemic as reason to not consider votes fairly made. The fraud is with those who would deny legislated and fairly executed voting processes. Every measure of democratic processes were openly and fairly legislated. Vote collections and counting were IAC with norms throughout the nation. It is not our problem that one party choses to suppress voters. Nor is it the nation that should suffer if votes not so suppressed are counted.

Wut? Did you feel the same why when Democrats did the same to the Republican president-elects? It's not going to change the outcome; but the media is hyping it more this year than prior elections. Shocking.

I seem to be suffering from historical amnesia. Please remind me: When when did a bunch of federally elected Democrats issue a statement in defense of their stated plan to attempt to overturn in Congress the certified electoral college results?

Joint Statement Concerning January 6 Attempt to Overturn the Results of the Election
Reps. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), Kelly Armstrong (R-N.D.), Ken Buck (R-Colo.), Mike Gallagher (R-Wis.) Nancy Mace (R-S.C.), Tom McClintock (R-Cal.), Chip Roy (R-Texas) released the following statement concerning the January 6 attempt to overturn the results of the election.

“We, like most Americans, are outraged at the significant abuses in our election system resulting from the reckless adoption of mail-in ballots and the lack of safeguards maintained to guarantee that only legitimate votes are cast and counted. It is shameful that between both chambers of the U.S. Congress, we have held precisely one hearing on election integrity since Election Day.

The people cannot trust a system that refuses to guarantee that only legal votes are cast to select its leaders. The elections held in at least six battleground states raise profound questions, and it is a legal, constitutional, and moral imperative that they be answered.

But only the states have authority to appoint electors, in accordance with state law. Congress has only a narrow role in the presidential election process. Its job is to count the electors submitted by the states, not to determine which electors the states should have sent.
David L. Noll on Twitter: "Just an incredible statement (links)" / Twitter
Then
Abby D. Phillip on Twitter: "It's wild that this is being said out loud, but there is some truth to the fact that consistently losing the popular vote and then also undermining the electoral college makes absolutely no sense for Republicans, in addition to all of the ways in which this scheme is nonsensical." / Twitter

Joint Statement Concerning January 6 Attempt to Overturn the Results of the Election
Reps. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), Kelly Armstrong (R-N.D.), Ken Buck (R-Colo.), Mike Gallagher (R-Wis.) Nancy Mace (R-S.C.), Tom McClintock (R-Cal.), Chip Roy (R-Texas) released the following statement concerning the January 6 attempt to overturn the results of the election.

“We, like most Americans, are outraged at the significant abuses in our election system resulting from the reckless adoption of mail-in ballots and the lack of safeguards maintained to guarantee that only legitimate votes are cast and counted. It is shameful that between both chambers of the U.S. Congress, we have held precisely one hearing on election integrity since Election Day.

The people cannot trust a system that refuses to guarantee that only legal votes are cast to select its leaders. The elections held in at least six battleground states raise profound questions, and it is a legal, constitutional, and moral imperative that they be answered.

But only the states have authority to appoint electors, in accordance with state law. Congress has only a narrow role in the presidential election process. Its job is to count the electors submitted by the states, not to determine which electors the states should have sent.
David L. Noll on Twitter: "Just an incredible statement (links)" / Twitter
Then
Abby D. Phillip on Twitter: "It's wild that this is being said out loud, but there is some truth to the fact that consistently losing the popular vote and then also undermining the electoral college makes absolutely no sense for Republicans, in addition to all of the ways in which this scheme is nonsensical." / Twitter

These Republicans sure are full of shit. Outrages about abuse of absentee ballots? Only among those who believe in twisted and manufactured lies

Yet every aspect of every claim made above has be shown to have no merit by every court that these self-righteous gentlemen and their allies has attempted suit to consider.

It's the height of arrogance for these people to use measures taken by states to assure voters could vote under extreme conditions of pandemic as reason to not consider votes fairly made. The fraud is with those who would deny legislated and fairly executed voting processes. Every measure of democratic processes were openly and fairly legislated. Vote collections and counting were IAC with norms throughout the nation. It is not our problem that one party choses to suppress voters. Nor is it the nation that should suffer if votes not so suppressed are counted.

Wut? Did you feel the same why when Democrats did the same to the Republican president-elects? It's not going to change the outcome; but the media is hyping it more this year than prior elections. Shocking.

I seem to be suffering from historical amnesia. Please remind me: When when did a bunch of federally elected Democrats issue a statement in defense of their stated plan to attempt to overturn in Congress the certified electoral college results?

Really - inquiring minds want to know. Must be the chemtrails, because I don't recall any such thing ever happening before. Has someone lost the presidential election, then when Congress gathered for the counting of the electoral votes, pressured the VP to declare him the winner despite the actual count of those certified electoral votes?

Maybe I never heard of that happening because it happens all the time - right, Trausti?

Rare video of Chuck Todd actually standing up to a Trumper.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/uRPqAq-Ptfk[/YOUTUBE]

PA state legislature refused to seat Democrat in senate and booted the Lt Gov from his position as President of the Senate.

Meanwhile, Dems have 18 pt lead in GA races, so only massive voting fraud can give the GOP candidates victory.

Watching Steve Kornacki on MSNBC and getting surprisingly hopeful. I really didn't think the dems had a chance. Looks like a lot of Republicans stayed home.

Last edited:
Collins was played by herself. Trump never even pretended like he learned a lesson from being impeached so her idiotic logic stemmed from her own asshole.

The security might be able to clear the chambers, but there is no way in hell they can clear the Capitol that quickly. It'll take a day or two. Can House and Senate move to Camp David or something and finish this off?

The security might be able to clear the chambers, but there is no way in hell they can clear the Capitol that quickly. It'll take a day or two. Can House and Senate move to Camp David or something and finish this off?

It's reported that there are secure areas within the capitol building that are large enough to proceed.

It's reported that there are secure areas within the capitol building that are large enough to proceed.

Sounds like the rioters had their orgasms and are ready for a trip to McDonalds.

I presume those that made it into the building, did not get out of it. Some of these people are in big trouble regarding carrying firearms and weapons, destruction to a national monument, sedition.

Those on the outside get lucky enough for now to walk away, but might get a summons down the road.

I presume those that made it into the building, did not get out of it. Some of these people are in big trouble regarding carrying firearms and weapons, destruction to a national monument, sedition.

Those on the outside get lucky enough for now to walk away, but might get a summons down the road.
You presume much.

And these are the folks worried that the covid vaccine will turn everyone into rabid animals. Today looked like they were auditioning for World War Z II.

Have they been arresting anybody?

Have they been arresting anybody?

The line seems to be that the only thing they could have charged rioters for was trespassing and this would have taken manpower that was needed to protect legislators. So no arrests were made.

The legislators are back in session.

Back
Top Bottom