• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

I presume those that made it into the building, did not get out of it. Some of these people are in big trouble regarding carrying firearms and weapons, destruction to a national monument, sedition.

Those on the outside get lucky enough for now to walk away, but might get a summons down the road.

Have they been arresting anybody?

The line seems to be that the only thing they could have charged rioters for was trespassing and this would have taken manpower that was needed to protect legislators.

Are you shitting me? No part of this was legal.

The line seems to be that the only thing they could have charged rioters for was trespassing and this would have taken manpower that was needed to protect legislators.

Are you shitting me? No part of this was legal.

Are you somehow impaired? No fucking shit it was illegal. :) There was not enough security personnel to start arresting people. The best the security personnel could do was see to the safety of legislators, which they did. It was certainly a security failure given the intelligence that was available and known that this was a potentially violent situation. It was not declared as a high priority security event and this was a failure and a mistake.

I presume those that made it into the building, did not get out of it. Some of these people are in big trouble regarding carrying firearms and weapons, destruction to a national monument, sedition.

Those on the outside get lucky enough for now to walk away, but might get a summons down the road.

Have they been arresting anybody?

Last I heard there were 15 arrested.

I presume those that made it into the building, did not get out of it.

Nope, many got out... like this guy who stole mail from Pelosi’s office.

[TWEET] https://twitter.com/AllMattNYT/status/1346962889115103232?s=20[/TWEET]

Who knows if someone walked off with intelligence briefings

One party consent needs to be the law of the land.

Agreed. Not just for keeping politicians honest, but to protect regular people. It's legal in my country, and I used to have a recording app on my phone that saved every call I made or received. The recordings would be automatically deleted after a week if I didn't choose to copy them to permanent storage.

It's like a seat belt: you might need it once in a decade, but when you do, it's a life saver.

Yup, even for things you need a lot less often it still can be worthwhile. When I'm hiking I carry a Garmin inReach (and pay it's subscription.) Do I expect to ever use it for much of anything? No--it's the sort of thing most people will never use for it's primary purpose, but things happen. (Not long ago I was reading about one where the guy didn't fall, the ground under him did.)

I presume those that made it into the building, did not get out of it.

Nope, many got out... like this guy who stole mail from Pelosi’s office.

[TWEET] https://twitter.com/AllMattNYT/status/1346962889115103232?s=20[/TWEET]

Who knows if someone walked off with intelligence briefings
Well that sucks! I suppose it is a great that he admits it on video for the prosecution of his case.

Watching the boring electoral vote count ritual. Every time an objection comes up but they don't have the signatures they need, everyone else breaks into cheering and applause.

Any excuse for a Hamilton gif. :D

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ny3ccx92uqxwxv1grkjq5xsl4tt46h47k8uhzkwq&rid=giphy.gif

And these are the folks worried that the covid vaccine will turn everyone into rabid animals. Today looked like they were auditioning for World War Z II.

there were more than14 terrorists in the building. News reports have 14 people arrested in the building--not including, I suppose, the dead terrorist.

And these are the folks worried that the covid vaccine will turn everyone into rabid animals. Today looked like they were auditioning for World War Z II.

there were more than14 terrorists in the building. News reports have 14 people arrested in the building--not including, I suppose, the dead terrorist.
14?! I presume Biden will fix that once in office and the FBI and what not go through the film and evidence the idiots helped put on the Internet.

Can't find the report now (twitter, I think), but one of the dead was a trumper that accidentally tased himself and went into cardiac arrest.

Hilarious if true, and possible Darwin Award Nominee!

After Pro-Trump Mob Storms Capitol, Congress Confirms Biden’s Win - The New York Times
There was no parallel in modern American history, as insurgents acting with the president’s encouragement vandalized Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office, smashing windows, looting art and briefly taking control of the Senate chamber, where they took turns posing for photographs with fists up on the dais where Vice President Mike Pence had just been presiding. Outside the building, they erected a gallows, punctured the tires of a police SUV, and left a note on its windshield saying, “PELOSI IS SATAN.”

Mr. Pence, breaking with the president he has loyally served, made Mr. Biden’s victory official just after 3:40 a.m. in Washington, declaring that Mr. Biden had received 306 electoral votes to Mr. Trump’s 232 and would be inaugurated the 46th president on Jan. 20.

“To those who wreaked havoc in our Capitol today, you did not win,” Mr. Pence had said earlier. “Violence never wins. Freedom wins. And this is still the people’s house.”

Senator Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky and the majority leader, said the “failed insurrection” had only clarified Congress’s purpose.

“They tried to disrupt our democracy,” he said. “They failed.”
Dan Scavino🇺🇸🦅 on Twitter: "Statement by President Donald J. Trump on the Electoral Certification:

“Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th. I have always said we would continue our..." / Twitter

Dan Scavino🇺🇸🦅 on Twitter: "...fight to ensure that only legal votes were counted. While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it’s only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again!”" / Twitter
An objection to Arizona’s results lodged by Senators Ted Cruz of Texas and Tommy Tuberville of Alabama just before the violence broke out in the Capitol failed overwhelmingly in the Senate, 6 to 93. The House turned it back on a vote of 121 to 303, but more than half of that chamber’s Republicans supported the effort to overturn the election results.

A challenge to Pennsylvania’s results backed by Mr. Hawley ended in lopsided defeats, as well. Skipping debate altogether, senators voted to reject it 7 to 92. The House moved more slowly, but eventually voted 138 to 282 to do the same.

“We gather due to a selfish man’s injured pride, and the outrage of supporters who he has deliberately misinformed for the past two months and stirred to action this very morning,” Senator Mitt Romney, Republican of Utah and the 2012 presidential nominee, said after the chamber reconvened. “What happened here today was an insurrection incited by the president of the United States.”

Back
Top Bottom