• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

I have no idea how accurate exit polls are, but NY Times Michigan shows a blow out for Biden. Trump carried 7 pts among men, Biden 23 pts among women. That seems like a crazy swing.

PA is much closer, Trump men by 8 pts, Biden women by 10 pts.

WI is like Michigan (why did I abbrev. WI but not Michigan?). Trump won men by 3 pts. Biden won women by 19 pts. This would imply a whacking.

Unless absentees in Florida in Miami-Dade, Florida looks like Trump, so what do NY Times Exit Polls say? Hold the phone! Florida men 7 pt for Trump, women 5 pt for Biden, That falls right in line for Trump's apparently 2 to 3 pt victory!

Trump is 17 pts up with men in OH, Biden 5 pts up with women.

Started watching CNN, still on a 3 hours time shift. Getting an impression that this a repeat of 2016. Trump does not perform worse, But early voters I understand are not counted by exit poll monkeys I understand.

WTF, NBC is calling N Dakota for Trump even though Biden has more votes. How does that work?

I suspect because it has voted Republican in every presidential election since 1968, and they've made a projection, and they think the call is safe.

For the same reason, I would call California for Biden before a single ballot had been counted. Or New York, which even voted for Dukakis!

Hickenlooper beat Gardner in CO flipping the seat to blue.

Texas exit polls indicate almost no change in Hispanic turnout or support.

Wednesday is my day off, so I am planning to watch the ABC coverage (the real ABC, not the American one), and perhaps occasionally flick over to Fox News for comic relief.

My last minute prediction is a Biden landslide, with the result called tonight. Dems to take control of the Senate, and to dominate in the Reps. Mostly based on the very high early voting numbers - I also predict a very high turnout, though probably not on the scale of that seen with the first Obama victory.

Looking like I might have been right about the turnout, but was utterly wrong about everything important.

I was expecting a strong D showing in FL and NC, but both are going to be narrow wins for whomever ends up with their nose in front.

AZ could break for Biden. But sadly it's going to be a close result, which says nothing good at all about the US electorate, or the nation as a body.

A close result isn't going to make anything better for anyone.

I was very much hoping that there would be a clear indication that Biden had it in the bag right about now.

Wednesday is my day off, so I am planning to watch the ABC coverage (the real ABC, not the American one), and perhaps occasionally flick over to Fox News for comic relief.

My last minute prediction is a Biden landslide, with the result called tonight. Dems to take control of the Senate, and to dominate in the Reps. Mostly based on the very high early voting numbers - I also predict a very high turnout, though probably not on the scale of that seen with the first Obama victory.

Looking like I might have been right about the turnout, but was utterly wrong about everything important.

I was expecting a strong D showing in FL and NC, but both are going to be narrow wins for whomever ends up with their nose in front.

AZ could break for Biden. But sadly it's going to be a close result, which says nothing good at all about the US electorate, or the nation as a body.

A close result isn't going to make anything better for anyone.

I was very much hoping that there would be a clear indication that Biden had it in the bag right about now.

Yes, same with me!

One thing I wrote in my prediction thread is that America is addicted to inertia.

AZ could break for Biden.
Not could, did. We are somewhat reliving the '04 election with Iraq going to hell and America deciding, lets give the idiots 4 more years... and then the Democrat can fix it all again.

But MI, WI, MN look good. PA, there are a lot of urban votes not in the tally yet.

One thing I wrote in my prediction thread is that America is addicted to inertia.

AZ could break for Biden.
Not could, did. We are somewhat reliving the '04 election with Iraq going to hell and America deciding, lets give the idiots 4 more years... and then the Democrat can fix it all again.

But MI, WI, MN look good. PA, there are a lot of urban votes not in the tally yet.

Yeah, I still think it's going to be a big popular vote win for Biden - bigger than Hillary Clinton's - and he will still win the EC as well; But it's going to be a few days before his win is confirmed, and there's enough doubt tonight for the Trump cult to get traction on their claims of being robbed.

Back
Top Bottom