• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

* The vast majority of Republican voters are simply Americans who don't have a clue what's happening. Many of these have high intelligence but don't follow politics. (I can sympathize: I was in my 40's and a highly-respected professional when I first started paying attention to U.S. politics.)

They know what is happening.

They KNOW Trump is a pathological liar. They don't care.

They know he tried to subvert democracy with violence.

They don't care.

They do not believe in democracy.

Because they are capitalists. Democracy and capitalism are in direct opposition.

You tellin' me that THIS GUY is a "capitalist"?

No, Unter. He's just a moron. THESE are the people who elected Trump and continue to elect fucking Nazis, believing with all their blessed hearts that they are furthering democracy and God.
Capitalists are the ones who reap vast rewards by paying the cost of convincing these idiots that they're "patriots". There are hundreds of thousands of capitalists, but tens of millions of their rubes.

View attachment 34148

That must have been an epic fart to do that much damage!

* The vast majority of Republican voters are simply Americans who don't have a clue what's happening. Many of these have high intelligence but don't follow politics. (I can sympathize: I was in my 40's and a highly-respected professional when I first started paying attention to U.S. politics.)

They know what is happening.

They KNOW Trump is a pathological liar. They don't care.

They know he tried to subvert democracy with violence.

They don't care.

They do not believe in democracy.

Because they are capitalists. Democracy and capitalism are in direct opposition.

No, Unter. He's just a moron. THESE are the people who elected Trump and continue to elect fucking Nazis, believing with all their blessed hearts that they are furthering democracy and God.
Capitalists are the ones who reap vast rewards by paying the cost of convincing these idiots that they're "patriots". There are hundreds of thousands of capitalists, but tens of millions of their rubes.

]

A bit of clarification is in order. It's not a capitalism vs democracy thing. It's marks and con men vs democracy.

The people in charge of the GOP know what is happening. The voters? Not so much.

The people in charge of the GOP know that Trump is a pathological liar. His supporters? They just see the guy from "The Celebrity Apprentice."

The people in charge of the GOP know that Trump tried to subvert democracy with violence. Mitch McConnell himself - arguably the most powerful Republican other than Trump (and maybe more so) - said it out loud on the floor of the Senate.

The people in charge of the GOP do not care.

I've said this before, but it bears repeating: They know that there was no "widespread election fraud." We know they know because if there were (and they had evidence of such), they'd have brought all their not-inconsiderable guns to bear in order to prove their case. It wouldn't be just Trump's suck-ass lawyers and a pillow pitchman fighting this. It would be the entire national Grand Old Party. Why? Because if they had evidence of such widespread fraud, it would allow them to not only re-litigate the 2020 election, but destroy the Democratic Party in the process. If they could prove - in court and in the court of public opinion - that the Democrats were the "party of voter fraud," they could guarantee themselves a majority in government for at least the next generation. Nobody in their right mind would sleep on that chance.

Yet that's not what they're doing. Mitch and Kevin have settled into their roles as minority leaders, they're not bringing any court cases, and they're going on cable news talk shows implying that there were "irregularities" in the voting process, but studiously avoiding outright claims of fraud.

They're taking this path because while they know for a fact they have no chance of overturning the election, they can fool the rubes into thinking they believe as the person who farted the hole in the wall of this hovel does. Sure, a few of them might go against the grain (Liz Cheney as the voice of reason? Really?) but for the most part they're happy to have the carny continue to fool people into thinking they can win that big stuffed animal at the state fair booth. It costs them nothing to perpetuate the fraud, and that's not capitalism. Just deeply cynical politics.

He's a blind supporter of capitalism.

What Ford said; you got the "blind" part right.
I'd bet my life that he has no idea what capitalism is or how to support it.
I very much doubt that he's a supporter of anything, and is motivated almost exclusively by hate and fear.

There is no connection between democracy and capitalism.

Your absolute binary thinking is tripping you up again, Unter.
EVERYTHING is connected.

Republican official in Ohio faces charge for voting twice in November election

Republican lawmakers in Ohio pushing for more “safety and security” at the ballot box can now point to a clear example of voter fraud in the November 2020 presidential election.

Unfortunately for them, it involves another Republican.

Edward Snodgrass, who is a Porter Township trustee, has admitted to forging his dead father’s signature on an absentee ballot and then voting again as himself, court records and other sources revealed.

Snodgrass was busted after a Delaware County election worker questioned the signature on his father’s ballot. A subsequent investigation revealed the ballot had been mailed to H. Edward Snodgrass on Oct. 6 — a day after the 78-year-old retired businessman died.

This just in: The Republicans in the Michigan state Senate are all bought and paid for members of the "Deep State!"

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2021/06/23/michigan-senate-investigation-election-trump/5035244001/

"The Committee found no evidence of widespread or systemic fraud in Michigan's prosecution of the 2020 election," the report states.

In related news, Trump supporters in Michigan who backed the plan to kidnap and kill Governor Whitmer were quoted as saying "wait...so we have to kidnap and kill all these RINO's? Okay...just be sure to ask anyone you don't know that wants in on the scheme if they're an undercover FBI agent. I hear they have to answer 'yes' if they are!"

It's human nature to project one's flaws onto others. Habitual liars assume others are lying. With all the GOP's "concern" about election fraud, it's a safe bet that they're committing as much fraud as they can.

Republican official in Ohio faces charge for voting twice in November election

Republican lawmakers in Ohio pushing for more “safety and security” at the ballot box can now point to a clear example of voter fraud in the November 2020 presidential election.

Unfortunately for them, it involves another Republican.

Edward Snodgrass, who is a Porter Township trustee, has admitted to forging his dead father’s signature on an absentee ballot and then voting again as himself, court records and other sources revealed.

Snodgrass was busted after a Delaware County election worker questioned the signature on his father’s ballot. A subsequent investigation revealed the ballot had been mailed to H. Edward Snodgrass on Oct. 6 — a day after the 78-year-old retired businessman died.

Here's another example of deliberate voter fraud by a top GOP official. It's especially amusing because of the criminal's comment which I've reddened.

The 2016 election was just a month away when Steve Curtis, a conservative radio host and former Colorado Republican Party chairman, devoted an entire episode of his morning talk show to the heated topic of voter fraud.

It seems to me,” Curtis said in the 42-minute segment, “that virtually every case of voter fraud I can remember in my lifetime was committed by Democrats.

On Tuesday, Colorado prosecutors threw a wrench into that already dubious theory, accusing Curtis of voter fraud for allegedly filling out and mailing in his ex-wife’s 2016 ballot for president, Denver’s Fox affiliate reported.

Curtis, 57, was charged in Weld County District Court with one count of misdemeanor voter fraud and one count of forgery, a Class 5 felony, according to local media.

The case is the only voter fraud investigation related to the 2016 election that has resulted in criminal charges in the state

In a follow-up on CBSN-Denver:
GREELEY, Colo. (CBS4) — A former KLZ radio talk show host and one-time chairman of the Colorado GOP was sentenced Friday to probation following his conviction on charges of voter fraud and forgery.

A jury found Steve Curtis, 58, guilty in December 2017 for signing his ex-wife’s ballot during the 2016 election.
Only probation for felony voter fraud? I guess we must keep room in the prison system in case someone sells a loosie, or steps off a sidewalk*.

Swammerdami once spent time in jail in Oakland California for hitch-hiking with one foot off the sidewalk.

A few months ago, I read of a black woman who had made what was obviously an innocent mistake — voting at the polling place mailed to her even though she'd since moved or such — and had to spend time in jail.

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There's a real fascist vibe to this One America News personality calming calling for the execution of potentially tens of thousands of Americans over fake voter fraud claims. <a href="https://t.co/wm4E0qVJaf">pic.twitter.com/wm4E0qVJaf</a></p>— Will Sommer (@willsommer) <a href="https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1407925243000365057?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]..

And to drive home my earlier point:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/06/william-barrs-trump-administration-attorney-general/619298/

But Barr told me he had already concluded that it was highly unlikely that evidence existed that would tip the scales in the election. He had expected Trump to lose and therefore was not surprised by the outcome. He also knew that at some point, Trump was going to confront him about the allegations, and he wanted to be able to say that he had looked into them and that they were unfounded. So, in addition to giving prosecutors approval to open investigations into clear and credible allegations of substantial fraud, Barr began his own, unofficial inquiry into the major claims that the president and his allies were making.

“My attitude was: It was put-up or shut-up time,” Barr told me. “If there was evidence of fraud, I had no motive to suppress it. But my suspicion all the way along was that there was nothing there. It was all bullshit.”

Barr, the lapdog AG for Trump, knew it was bullshit, and did that one thing you don't do: Call him on it:

“You know, you only have five weeks, Mr. President, after an election to make legal challenges,” Barr said. “This would have taken a crackerjack team with a really coherent and disciplined strategy. Instead, you have a clown show. No self-respecting lawyer is going anywhere near it. It’s just a joke. That’s why you are where you are.”

That was the beginning of the end. Trump was furious with his AG for telling him the truth. He would resign soon after.

To defuse the tension, Barr had written an effusive resignation letter, which he handed to the president when he got to the Oval Office. The letter praised Trump’s record and played directly into his complaints about how he had been treated by Democrats, saying his efforts “had been met by a partisan onslaught against you in which no tactic, no matter how abusive and deceitful, was out of bounds.”

Trump read the letter while Barr was sitting across from him. “This is pretty good,” he said.

Despite losing the White House and Senate, the GOP still clings to Trump. Even though they know the "election fraud" claims are bullshit, they stick with him, and essentially purge anyone who goes against his narrative.

Despite losing the White House and Senate, the GOP still clings to Trump. Even though they know the "election fraud" claims are bullshit, they stick with him, and essentially purge anyone who goes against his narrative.

They NEED those bullshit claims in order to pretend to justify targeted voter suppression, gerrymandering and intimidation tactics.
It's no longer the case that Republicans have any chance whatsoever in a free and fair national election.

Mike Lindell, crappy pillow hawker, ex-coke addict now addicted to religion and Bonespurs, has announced that August 13th is the day Jabba The Gut will be reinstated.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-lindell-claims-august-13-trump-reinstatement-2021-7

If he gets sued again he can always claim the "I am an Ignoramus" defense. No judge will doubt his sincerity.

I think it's called (heard it referred to as) the "Sgt. Schultz defense".

Mike Lindell, crappy pillow hawker, ex-coke addict now addicted to religion and Bonespurs, has announced that August 13th is the day Jabba The Gut will be reinstated.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-lindell-claims-august-13-trump-reinstatement-2021-7

If he gets sued again he can always claim the "I am an Ignoramus" defense. No judge will doubt his sincerity.

I'm not so sure. Lindell and many other Trumpists remind me of Bruce Willis' character in Sixth Sense. In case anyone has yet to see that movie I'll hide the plot twist:

Willis' character didn't know that he was stupid.

I'm not so sure. Lindell and many other Trumpists remind me of Bruce Willis' character in Sixth Sense. In case anyone has yet to see that movie I'll hide the plot twist:

Willis' character didn't know that he was stupid.

I had that sign above my desk in my office at work. "I see stupid people everywhere. They don't even know they're stupid."

The sanctions hearing in Michigan.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/MWiuX9CPOSA[/YOUTUBE]

From the 2016 election and can't remember if there is a more appropriate thread. According to The Guardian, they have leaked Kremlin memos that:

Vladimir Putin personally authorised a secret spy agency operation to support a “mentally unstable” Donald Trump in the 2016 US presidential election during a closed session of Russia’s national security council, according to what are assessed to be leaked Kremlin documents.

The key meeting took place on 22 January 2016, the papers suggest, with the Russian president, his spy chiefs and senior ministers all present.

They agreed a Trump White House would help secure Moscow’s strategic objectives, among them “social turmoil” in the US and a weakening of the American president’s negotiating position.

Russia’s three spy agencies were ordered to find practical ways to support Trump, in a decree appearing to bear Putin’s signature.

By this point Trump was the frontrunner in the Republican party’s nomination race. A report prepared by Putin’s expert department recommended Moscow use “all possible force” to ensure a Trump victory.

Western intelligence agencies are understood to have been aware of the documents for some months and to have carefully examined them. The papers, seen by the Guardian, seem to represent a serious and highly unusual leak from within the Kremlin.

The Guardian has shown the documents to independent experts who say they appear to be genuine. Incidental details come across as accurate. The overall tone and thrust is said to be consistent with Kremlin security thinking.
much longer...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-show-putins-plot-to-put-trump-in-white-house

Pennsylvania Decertifies County's Voting System After Audit

Pennsylvania's top election official has decertified the voting machines of a sparsely populated county that disclosed that it had agreed to requests by local Republican lawmakers and allowed a software firm to inspect the machines as part of an "audit" after the 2020 election.

The action by Acting Secretary of State Veronica Degraffenreid almost certainly means that Fulton County — where officials maintained they did nothing wrong — will have to buy or lease new voting machines.

The lawmakers' request for the “audit” came amid former President Donald Trump’s baseless claims that the 2020 election was rigged against him in Pennsylvania and other battleground states.

Degraffenreid, an appointee of Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf, notified Fulton County officials in a letter Tuesday that the inspection violated state law. It was done in a manner that “was not transparent or bipartisan” and the firm had “no knowledge or expertise in election technology,” Degraffenreid wrote.

“I have no other choice but to decertify the use of Fulton County’s leased Dominion Democracy Suite 5.5A voting system last used in the November 2020 election,” Degraffenreid wrote.

Pennsylvania’s election law gives counties the duty to “maintain proper chain of custody” of ballots and voting systems, requirements that ensure that any election is conducted transparently and that voting systems are not compromised, Degraffenreid wrote.

Dumbasses.

Kinda weird, innit?

Many of the same people that are SO UPSET that anyone can say, "Hey, I'm not the gender they put on my birth certificate" and be taken seriously, are the ones saying, "The election was stolen," with no corroboration, and wanting to be taken seriously...

Pennsylvania's top election official has decertified the voting machines of a sparsely populated county that disclosed that it had agreed to requests by local Republican lawmakers and allowed a software firm to inspect the machines as part of an "audit" after the 2020 election.

The action by Acting Secretary of State Veronica Degraffenreid almost certainly means that Fulton County — where officials maintained they did nothing wrong — will have to buy or lease new voting machines.

The lawmakers' request for the “audit” came amid former President Donald Trump’s baseless claims that the 2020 election was rigged against him in Pennsylvania and other battleground states.

Degraffenreid, an appointee of Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf, notified Fulton County officials in a letter Tuesday that the inspection violated state law. It was done in a manner that “was not transparent or bipartisan” and the firm had “no knowledge or expertise in election technology,” Degraffenreid wrote.

“I have no other choice but to decertify the use of Fulton County’s leased Dominion Democracy Suite 5.5A voting system last used in the November 2020 election,” Degraffenreid wrote.

Pennsylvania’s election law gives counties the duty to “maintain proper chain of custody” of ballots and voting systems, requirements that ensure that any election is conducted transparently and that voting systems are not compromised, Degraffenreid wrote.

Dumbasses.

Did these guys hire those crack auditors, The Cyber Ninjas?

Back
Top Bottom