• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2022 Midterm Elections - Results and Post Mortem

A yo Derec!! I'm expecting the democrats to be disappointed with the results of this election because it will be business as usual. Split right down the middle like TomC's ass.

PA, Dems win Gov. It is a toss up for Senate. WTF America?!

So far, for the Senate, it is close to the dreaded Status Quo. Several elections are pegging close to 50/50, NC, GA, PA. Which is nuts, because 51/49 in the Senate gives you a great deal of control, and it seems like we have so little difference in votes meaning so much in actual governance. The US sucks at elections.

Reactions: jab
White and Asian people feeling left out of the American dream watching the poles like.

ElectionResults.gif

Seem or are Rep - OH, NC
Close to toss up Rep - GA
Toss up - PA (updating this to slightly bluish purple)
Dem - NH

This nets one seat to the GOP. House seems lost at this point. Dobbs appeared to have little impact where abortion wasn't strictly on the ballot. In Ohio and PA, men outvoted women.

Abrams loses, proves it is probably a woman thing. Still a hero in my book!

President DeSantis in 2024? Right-wing populism, even if it kills ya. He'll protect you from the boogieman!

PA won't be decided tonight, most likely. Could be within 0.5%.
Georgia might be settled tonight, but might not break the 50% barrier. Ironic, two black males being the lead candidates having to run again because of a rule created to keep blacks from winning.

This would mean the US Senate won't be known unless there is a collapse in the SW.

Democrats dumped money into WA and NH last second so as not to relive the horror that was November 2016.

Reactions: jab
You look at the Ohio map for US House, and you wonder how in the fuck that is legal. Southern half of Franklin county is diluted by most of empty Ohio heading to Dayton. Yeah, the voters in those regions have so much in common. Same thing with Toledo being drowned. At least my district has Canton and Akron, and a reasonable territory around it. Not a hundred miles across! But both 7 and 13 are meant to carve out a bit more of Cuyahoga County and disenfranchise more Democrats.

Just in, WI is a slightly bluish purple.

Check that, WI went for CT Johnson.

I'm calling it. GOP takes the House. Dems holdish the Senate.

Back
Top Bottom