• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

26 year old male who sexually assaulted 10 year old girl will be housed in juvenile female facility.

haven't been
Is does not describe ought.
Might does not make right.

People should always be sorted on the actual threats they pose to others and the reasons they pose such a threat.

That should have nothing to do with the choice of the individual and everything to do with the reasons they, today, pose a threat.

Now, if you think that it's not OK to expect you to care about the desire of trans people to get treatment before their desired future becomes unattainable, I think it would be someone who is not a hypocrite accept it is entirely OK not to expect me to care about such things as the stuff that happens to be piled on top of a prisoner's box.

This is what happens when concrete language is used to separate estates on silly boundary lines that don't actually measure anything.

They are being housed in a box, underneath juveniles. That is not "with" in this context. "With" in this context for anyone with a functioning mind to think, means "in regular contact, for to make social exchange of some kind".

Generally "so as to never even see, nor hear sound of" is not considered "with".

If I took someone's soul, put it in a box and buried it in my back yard such that I only occasionally heard tormented screams echo up through my floor vents, I would not consider that "them living 'with' me". Not that I would do that. It would require FAR too much work.

The point is, this is essentially that same situation. This fuckweed's soul "en vivo" locked in a box buried in the bottom of a prison.

You like loaded questions don't you?
He is in the same prison. He is not housed in the adult male facility. He is housed in the juvenile female facility. That you and others continue to play word games about it is evidence you believe it is wrong, but that you are incapable of making the case against it whilst also defending other 'values' you hold.

You aren't proving there is any possibility of interaction between him and the juveniles.

I'm using the definition Jarhyn is using--"with" ="able to interact with to at least a minor degree".

They aren't being housed with the juveniles. That's all that actually matters.
That's all that matters if your only concern is for the comfort and wellbeing of the adult male rapist.

You've got an adult pitbull in a cage right next to the room that they keep all of the kittens in. The fact that this pitbull causes fear and anxiety, and is a constant imminent threat hanging over all of those kittens is just fine by you? The risk if that pitbull gets out... you have no thoughts about what would happen to the kittens in that situation? As long as the pitbull is safe, you simply don't give a flying fuck about the kittens at all, do you?

I'm thinking of the first apartment we lived in. Standard masonry fire-rated walls between units. Never once did I hear anything through those walls--we could hear the unit above and sometimes noise from the courtyard, but never to the sides. So what if there's a pitbull on one side of the wall and kittens on the other--there's no possibility of interaction. Note that simply escaping would not be enough--he would also have to break into the female area.

You aren't proving there is any possibility of interaction between him and the juveniles.
Whilst I agree that physical interaction between Tubbs and the juvenile females he is housed with would be inconceivable (until the trans dial moves again to make opposition to the idea 'transphobia'), I have already explained, more than once, that that still leaves the psychological impact on the girls, as well as interferes with Tubbs's rehabilitation (if in fact he can be rehabilitated).

But go on: ignore, ignore, ignore.

My understanding of prisons is they are rough and contain violence, traumas, and convicts. I question it is fair to consider the perp who cannot do much a pitbull, while other perps who can commit traumas and violence are kittens. I mean, if I were in prison, I'd be constantly stressed by potential killers in my immediate vicinity as opposed to a non-potential rapist locked away that I cannot see or hear.

Also, I think the big tragedy is how long the perp is staying in prison. The victim was 10 which means many years of traumas. The perp isn't showing remorse and so a short sentence does not seem just nor in the public interest.

Last edited:
Also, I think the big tragedy is how long the perp is staying in prison. The victim was 10 which means many years of traumas. The perp isn't showing remorse and so a short sentence does not seem just nor in the public interest.
There are so many things wrong with this whole situation and it's hard to sort them out.

26 y/o cismale games his way into a brief stint in a facility for underage girls after committing an ugly sexual assault on a 10 y/o girl. I can only see this as a judicial failure. I can hope it's a bizarre outlier, but that's hard to say.
Tom

My understanding of prisons is they are rough and contain violence, traumas, and convicts. I question it is fair to consider the perp who cannot do much a pitbull, while other perps who can commit traumas and violence are kittens. I mean, if I were in prison, I'd be constantly stressed by potential killers in my immediate vicinity as opposed to a non-potential rapist locked away that I cannot see or hear.

There are enormous differences in the level of violence between male and female prison populations, as well as between adult and juvenile populations.

An adult male population of prisoners has a massively higher proportion of violent and sex-related offenders in it than does a juvenile female population.

There are enormous differences in the level of violence between male and female prison populations, as well as between adult and juvenile populations.

An adult male population of prisoners has a massively higher proportion of violent and sex-related offenders in it than does a juvenile female population.
But that isn't the comparison/contrast. It's one adult convict out of sight and sound (according to op article) vs all the juvenile convicts an individual may come into contact with in the prison. There's always violence and trauma there. It's not a group to group comparison, but instead about the day-to-day traumas the juvenile convicts undergo to put in perspective your claim. They don't even see the individual convict in question. They see and experience dangerous bullies (and guards) every day.

They aren't being housed with the juveniles. That's all that actually matters.
That's all that matters if your only concern is for the comfort and wellbeing of the adult male rapist.

You've got an adult pitbull in a cage right next to the room that they keep all of the kittens in. The fact that this pitbull causes fear and anxiety, and is a constant imminent threat hanging over all of those kittens is just fine by you? The risk if that pitbull gets out... you have no thoughts about what would happen to the kittens in that situation? As long as the pitbull is safe, you simply don't give a flying fuck about the kittens at all, do you?

This was a good analogy and I agree..

Back
Top Bottom