• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

26 year old male who sexually assaulted 10 year old girl will be housed in juvenile female facility.

Whether the prosecution made 'mistakes' is your supposition and is not in evidence. It could have been an oversight, or it could have been deliberate.

I agree the outcome is absurd and it's an outcome I don't think should happen again.
The prosecutor has made it his position that he will NOT try juveniles as adults in any case. He has publicized that view. And apparently, in his view, that means that a dude who is currently 26 should be tried as a juvenile... which by CA law requires that he be sentenced as a juvenile, subject to the limitations on punishment for juveniles. Which in this case means that Tubbs doesn't register as a sex offender (despite having committed other sex crimes elsewhere already) AND can only be jailed for a maximum of two years. That's not a "mistake" on the part of the prosecutor, that's Gascon's entire progressive premise.
Emily, you don't have the facts right in this case. It sounds like you are arguing the sentiment invented by the OP title, as opposed to the facts of the situation, which was that a juvenile was tried in juvenile court, came of age in jail, and due to a failure of the prosecution, was not transferred to an adult facility on the prisoner's 19th birthday. As a result, the prisoner was placed in permanent solitary confinement away from the "sights and sounds" of the types of people he assaulted.
What is sort of unfortunate is that this prisoner has to be kept in solitary because the prosecutor failed to file the right paperwork.
Now, go back and read your conversation (or better, read the article you are commenting on), and cringe while you request the mods to edit / delete.
No, you are incorrect. This guy raped the 10yo girl two weeks before he turned 18. He wasn't arrested until well after he was an adult. He was 26 when he was tried and sentenced - he did *not* turn 19 while in jail.

Do some research and get your facts straight. I don't know where you're coming up with this particular story you're foisting, but it is definitely NOT from any of the published articles or even from the facts being discussed in this thread.

Whether the prosecution made 'mistakes' is your supposition and is not in evidence. It could have been an oversight, or it could have been deliberate.

I agree the outcome is absurd and it's an outcome I don't think should happen again.
The prosecutor has made it his position that he will NOT try juveniles as adults in any case. He has publicized that view. And apparently, in his view, that means that a dude who is currently 26 should be tried as a juvenile... which by CA law requires that he be sentenced as a juvenile, subject to the limitations on punishment for juveniles. Which in this case means that Tubbs doesn't register as a sex offender (despite having committed other sex crimes elsewhere already) AND can only be jailed for a maximum of two years. That's not a "mistake" on the part of the prosecutor, that's Gascon's entire progressive premise.
Emily, you don't have the facts right in this case. It sounds like you are arguing the sentiment invented by the OP title, as opposed to the facts of the situation, which was that a juvenile was tried in juvenile court, came of age in jail, and due to a failure of the prosecution, was not transferred to an adult facility on the prisoner's 19th birthday. As a result, the prisoner was placed in permanent solitary confinement away from the "sights and sounds" of the types of people he assaulted.
What is sort of unfortunate is that this prisoner has to be kept in solitary because the prosecutor failed to file the right paperwork.
Now, go back and read your conversation (or better, read the article you are commenting on), and cringe while you request the mods to edit / delete.
No, you are incorrect. This guy raped the 10yo girl two weeks before he turned 18. He wasn't arrested until well after he was an adult. He was 26 when he was tried and sentenced - he did *not* turn 19 while in jail.

Do some research and get your facts straight. I don't know where you're coming up with this particular story you're foisting, but it is definitely NOT from any of the published articles or even from the facts being discussed in this thread.
I think you are mistaken.. I didn't just make up or presume anything about anyone's 19th birthday... It must have been in the article for me to have mentioned it. I had no prior knowledge of juvenile court procedures, so 100% of my comment was from having read the linked article

Edited to add:

You know... more than half my responses to threads that link an article and have some fantastic post title come directly from the linked article text, ironically in opposition to comments made in the thread... in other words, it is more common for me to be responding to people using the quoted article who are making arguments based solely on the thread title than not. "that's not what the news article says" is the most common point I seem to make around here.

I am less incensed because, according to the OP, he will be held separately from the girls, physically and visually (words from the article) which I am taking to mean that he can't see them, they can't see him.
It's the precedent being set that has me irate. Basic human decency and common sense says it should NEVER have happened, even with special safeguards. A 26 year old man SHOULD NOT be placed in a female juvenile detention center, under ANY circumstances.

To me, it's basically saying "Oh, hey, yeah, we know that this fox who has already eaten several chickens is a danger to chickens... but we're going to put him in the henhouse anyway, because of technicalities. But don't worry, we're going to put the fox in a separate pen so no biggie!"
Except the pen has locks and bolts and bars and guards...
It's idiotic, and demonstrates a supreme lack of care and compassion for the girls in that center.
It appears to be a hiccup in the system, not some systemic failure.

I think you are mistaken.. I didn't just make up or presume anything about anyone's 19th birthday... It must have been in the article for me to have mentioned it. I had no prior knowledge of juvenile court procedures, so 100% of my comment was from having read the linked article

Edited to add:

You know... more than half my responses to threads that link an article and have some fantastic post title come directly from the linked article text, ironically in opposition to comments made in the thread... in other words, it is more common for me to be responding to people using the quoted article who are making arguments based solely on the thread title than not. "that's not what the news article says" is the most common point I seem to make around here.
Tubbs committed the rape in 2014, at age 17. Tubbs wasn't identified until 2019, and wasn't sentenced until November 2021. Tubbs was age 26 when sentenced. Tubbs was tried in JUVENILE court, and due to stupid policies, was placed in a juvenile detention center.

Tubbs has no history of identifying as transgender. Tubbs identified as trangender AFTER being detained in 2021. Again, due to stupid policies, Tubbs was placed in a FEMALE JUVENILE facility in keeping with "her" gender identity.

There will be links for you to verify this info in a following post, relevant to new information.

So... 26 year old rapist who identified as transgender after being arrested and got placed in a juvenile female facility has caused the idiot Gascon to change his stance... AFTER he found out that a rival news agency was going to release recordings of calls Tubbs made while in holding, and prior to sentencing.

Of note... Tubbs referred to his victim (10 years old at the time) as "meat". Tubbs taunted the people monitoring the calls with racial slurs. Tubbs prompted his father to make sure to refer to him with female pronouns during sentencing, even though it would be unusual and difficult. Tubbs laughed about having gotten away with a light sentence.

Even Gascon now admits that Tubbs gamed the system... which was obvious to those of us with a brain, and really ought to have transparent to the DA from the start.

Why L.A. D.A. Gascón reversed himself on sentencing of woman who assaulted 10-year-old

California trans child molester Hannah Tubbs gloats over light sentence in jailhouse phone calls

I'm irked that media continues to use female pronouns for this male sex offender... even while discussing the likelihood that the trans angle is a sham intended to get a lighter sentence.

So... 26 year old rapist who identified as transgender after being arrested and got placed in a juvenile female facility has caused the idiot Gascon to change his stance... AFTER he found out that a rival news agency was going to release recordings of calls Tubbs made while in holding, and prior to sentencing.

Of note... Tubbs referred to his victim (10 years old at the time) as "meat". Tubbs taunted the people monitoring the calls with racial slurs. Tubbs prompted his father to make sure to refer to him with female pronouns during sentencing, even though it would be unusual and difficult. Tubbs laughed about having gotten away with a light sentence.

Even Gascon now admits that Tubbs gamed the system... which was obvious to those of us with a brain, and really ought to have transparent to the DA from the start.

Why L.A. D.A. Gascón reversed himself on sentencing of woman who assaulted 10-year-old

California trans child molester Hannah Tubbs gloats over light sentence in jailhouse phone calls

I'm irked that media continues to use female pronouns for this male sex offender... even while discussing the likelihood that the trans angle is a sham intended to get a lighter sentence.
Yes, it's extremely frustrating. Unfortunately, whatever the system, there will always be those who will game it and not only have zero compunction about doing so but will positively delight in 'winning.'

I kind of don't prioritize what pronouns are used by individuals for a person who has done this and remains unremorseful. It seems like a distraction relative to other things.

That said, such person ought to be protected and rehabilitated, if possible. I get the feeling that being in an ABCDEF facility may be a misleading way of implying risk, but those convicts are usually separated off from regular population. What is actual unimplied risk to ABCDEF persons? I am more concerned that even if separated such person's rehab may be impacted by seeing juvenile girls. So what happened to other available options?

I kind of don't prioritize what pronouns are used by individuals for a person who has done this and remains unremorseful. It seems like a distraction relative to other things.

That said, such person ought to be protected and rehabilitated, if possible. I get the feeling that being in an ABCDEF facility may be a misleading way of implying risk, but those convicts are usually separated off from regular population. What is actual unimplied risk to ABCDEF persons? I am more concerned that even if separated such person's rehab may be impacted by seeing juvenile girls. So what happened to other available options?
Your questions are answered in the thread...I think. What's an ABCDEF person/facility?

Your questions are answered in the thread...I think. What's an ABCDEF person/facility?

It's generic. Whatever you want to call it. If you call it a senior center and gripe that there are little kids there because only seniors should get the senior healthcare benefit, but then find out the kids are not getting the benefit, just visitors, it's just a way to classify a building by a characteristic belonging to people but it can be misleading. It doesn't matter the label. So ABCDEF. In this particular case, you are getting hung up, focus--"what is the actual risk to ..." ... is the person "separated off from regular population?" Even if so, probably not a good idea for their own rehab.

It's generic. Whatever you want to call it. If you call it a senior center and gripe that there are little kids there because only seniors should get the senior healthcare benefit, but then find out the kids are not getting the benefit, just visitors, it's just a way to classify a building by a characteristic belonging to people but it can be misleading. It doesn't matter the label. So ABCDEF. In this particular case, you are getting hung up, focus--"what is the actual risk to ..." ... is the person "separated off from regular population?" Even if so, probably not a good idea for their own rehab.
Your questions are already answered. It's a facility for juvenile females, and the rapist is a 26 year old adult male.

And, in fact, I have already brought up the same speculation you have: the adult male is kept in individual isolation from the juvenile girls and he obviously cannot ever be let out to mix with the general population (juvenile girls) of the facility. So, he'll never be let out of individual isolation even if it's good for his rehabilitation, whereas presumably if he were in an adult male facility, where he belongs, he might be able to be let out of isolation if it was determined to be good for his rehabilitation.

I post these stories because each time I think somebody might peak trans by reading it. Somebody might say "hmm, that is actually a not very good outcome that has resulted from catering to trans activist demands". Or, in this case, I thought people might say "that's fucking mental that is, how could they put an adult male in a juvenile female facility? Has the world gone absolutely fucking bonkers-insane?". But I didn't get that. I got people saying "what's the problem?" "You're making a fuss over nothing".

I never expected the usual suspects to give an inch. But somebody might be peak transed. And that's enough.

Your questions are already answered. It's a facility for juvenile females, and the rapist is a 26 year old adult male.

And, in fact, I have already brought up the same speculation you have: the adult male is kept in individual isolation from the juvenile girls and he obviously cannot ever be let out to mix with the general population (juvenile girls) of the facility. So, he'll never be let out of individual isolation even if it's good for his rehabilitation, whereas presumably if he were in an adult male facility, where he belongs, he might be able to be let out of isolation if it was determined to be good for his rehabilitation.

So the adult convict doesn't post risks to the juvenile convicts. But the adult should rather not be there--it's just not as severe as the title makes it sound.

So the adult convict doesn't post risks to the juvenile convicts. But the adult should rather not be there--it's just not as severe as the title makes it sound.
The title is completely accurate.

... That said, such person ought to be protected and rehabilitated, if possible. ...
... Even if so, probably not a good idea for their own rehab.
True; but the reality is, we don't know how to cure this guy's disease. He was a juvenile when he did the crime so he's going to come out pretty soon. And no matter how he's treated , when he comes out he's still going to be very dangerous -- probably more dangerous than when he went in -- and the most we can do is minimize his opportunity to hurt anyone else while he's locked up. Making any decisions based on what's a good idea for his rehab is the tail wagging the dog.

... That said, such person ought to be protected and rehabilitated, if possible. ...
... Even if so, probably not a good idea for their own rehab.
True; but the reality is, we don't know how to cure this guy's disease. He was a juvenile when he did the crime so he's going to come out pretty soon. And no matter how he's treated , when he comes out he's still going to be very dangerous -- probably more dangerous than when he went in -- and the most we can do is minimize his opportunity to hurt anyone else while he's locked up. Making any decisions based on what's a good idea for his rehab is the tail wagging the dog.

Emphasis added. I think the perp may be in a special area locked away from juveniles which I had stated. If not, that IS a priority to get fixed, but if it's a non-issue as appears to be, then the convict ought still be preferred to not be in the facility for rehab/treatment reasons.

Somebody might say "hmm, that is actually a not very good outcome that has resulted from catering to trans activist demands". Or, in this case, I thought people might say "that's fucking mental that is, how could they put an adult male in a juvenile female facility? Has the world gone absolutely fucking bonkers-insane?". But I didn't get that. I got people saying "what's the problem?" "You're making a fuss over nothing".
I've actually been very disturbed that so many in this thread have defended putting a 26 year old male sex offender in a female juvenile facility as being somehow perfectly acceptable. Even setting aside any person's beliefs with respect to gender dysphoric individuals... I really expect people to find the entire concept to be a travesty in this specific case. I've been floored with how it has gone down.

Facts: Male person who raped a 10 year old female is placed in a juvenile detention center for females after declaring himself to be "transgender" AFTER being arrested.

Response: Oh, no problem, that's a great solution, no biggie!

1645742221056.png

Somebody might say "hmm, that is actually a not very good outcome that has resulted from catering to trans activist demands". Or, in this case, I thought people might say "that's fucking mental that is, how could they put an adult male in a juvenile female facility? Has the world gone absolutely fucking bonkers-insane?". But I didn't get that. I got people saying "what's the problem?" "You're making a fuss over nothing".
I've actually been very disturbed that so many in this thread have defended putting a 26 year old male sex offender in a female juvenile facility as being somehow perfectly acceptable. Even setting aside any person's beliefs with respect to gender dysphoric individuals... I really expect people to find the entire concept to be a travesty in this specific case. I've been floored with how it has gone down.

Facts: Male person who raped a 10 year old female is placed in a juvenile detention center for females after declaring himself to be "transgender" AFTER being arrested.

View attachment 37391

The point is he isn't actually going to be in a female juvenile facility. Same location, but separated. I don't care if he's actually trans or not (and I don't think he is, which is why I'm using the male term), it has no bearing on the situation. He won't be allowed near any other prisoner anyway.

View attachment 37391

The point is he isn't actually going to be in a female juvenile facility. Same location, but separated. I don't care if he's actually trans or not (and I don't think he is, which is why I'm using the male term), it has no bearing on the situation. He won't be allowed near any other prisoner anyway.
Yes, he's going to be in the facility. To say otherwise is deceptive.

Back
Top Bottom