• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

28 page 911 Commission bombshell?

boneyard bill

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Idealist
Cong. Walter Jones (R. N.C.) and Rep. Steven Lynch (D. Ma.) have co-sponsored a resolution seeking release of 28 pages from the 911 Commission Report that were redacted from the original report and classified by the Bush Administration. Cong. Jones, who has read the report, says he was "shocked" by what he found. Cong. Lynch agreed.

Leaked information on the report claims that it discusses the involvement of a foreign government in the 911 attacks. That government is Saudi Arabia.

http://www.ibtimes.com/911-link-sau...nment-report-congressmen-push-release-1501202

Jones and Lynch are not free to discuss the details of the report, but Jones has said that the report would be an "embarrassment" for the Bush Administration which originally classified the material and does not contain any information that would jeopardize the national security.

So what is in the report? The link provided here does not suggest anything embarrassing to the Bush Administration. But there are reports circulating on the web. (Sorry, I don't remember where I heard it.) That the embarrassing material would be that Bush knew in advance about the 9/11 attacks because of the intelligence gathered on the Saudis and did nothing about it.

We need these pages to be released.

Interesting topic. Do you know how de-classification could be done?

Cong. Walter Jones (R. N.C.) and Rep. Steven Lynch (D. Ma.) have co-sponsored a resolution seeking release of 28 pages from the 911 Commission Report that were redacted from the original report and classified by the Bush Administration. Cong. Jones, who has read the report, says he was "shocked" by what he found. Cong. Lynch agreed.

Leaked information on the report claims that it discusses the involvement of a foreign government in the 911 attacks. That government is Saudi Arabia.

http://www.ibtimes.com/911-link-sau...nment-report-congressmen-push-release-1501202

Jones and Lynch are not free to discuss the details of the report, but Jones has said that the report would be an "embarrassment" for the Bush Administration which originally classified the material and does not contain any information that would jeopardize the national security.

So what is in the report? The link provided here does not suggest anything embarrassing to the Bush Administration. But there are reports circulating on the web. (Sorry, I don't remember where I heard it.) That the embarrassing material would be that Bush knew in advance about the 9/11 attacks because of the intelligence gathered on the Saudis and did nothing about it.

Now I know where you get you Pro-Russia posts.

That would be difficult. People always lean towards keeping facts secret, since it helps out any ongoing investigations, anything the military does, etc. and to get something declassified usually takes someone relatively high up in the executive branch, as far as the US government goes, since nobody really wants to put themselves up for that kind of scrutiny.

That would be difficult. People always lean towards keeping facts secret, since it helps out any ongoing investigations, anything the military does, etc. and to get something declassified usually takes someone relatively high up in the executive branch, as far as the US government goes, since nobody really wants to put themselves up for that kind of scrutiny.

Your explanation just sounds like one good reason for changing the law. I hate to trouble you with this little considered factoid but this country is supposed to be a DEMOCRACY. Secret government and democracy are inimical to each other. It has been a constant battle between those who believe democracy might actually be made to work and those who insist that we must keep piles of secrets hidden from those these secrets affect. Recently, these state secrets have involved murder and torture. Our leaders are so deeply invested in lying to the American public, in all fairness they should go.

Democracy is not a matter of merely electing someone to continue lying to us and keep secrets from us. I know why Obama is going gray so rapidly. We should not be voting only to appoint a new keeper of secrets. It is precisely because we cannot know enough about these state secret matters that we cannot adequately consider or discuss these matters. The secrecy makes room for spurious characterizations of foreign leaders and heavy handed military operations against them. The secrecy covers up criminal activities of people in high places...people who we trusted with our affairs and our treasure. It is they and not Manning or Assange that belong in the defendant's dock.

I really differ with your opinion stating "People" always lean toward keeping facts secret." People actually hate being lied to by thuggish politicians but can see no way to challenge it. People want to know what is real and what is not. Otherwise their miniscule vote becomes absolutely of no value whatever and democracy becomes non-existent.

Oh look! More 9/11 conspiracy theories!

Wheeeeeee!

Are we seriously still entertaining this nonsense? Boneyard, you deserve credit for giving credibility to a kooky liberal conspiracy theory instead of the usual right wing kooky conspiracy theories you throw around, but isn't it about time you started using more credible information sources?

Oh look! More 9/11 conspiracy theories!

Wheeeeeee!

Are we seriously still entertaining this nonsense? Boneyard, you deserve credit for giving credibility to a kooky liberal conspiracy theory instead of the usual right wing kooky conspiracy theories you throw around, but isn't it about time you started using more credible information sources?

So then you know absolutely what happened there? Is that type of knowledge only available to conservolibertarians? Is it okay to call an honest accounting of what happened "nonsense" in the interest of protecting state secrets? I agree it is a tangled web of lies but cannot discount the physical fact that the twin towers and building seven bore a very strong resemblance to a controlled demolition. Admit it...that was just plain weird.

So then you know absolutely what happened there? Is that type of knowledge only available to conservolibertarians? Is it okay to call an honest accounting of what happened "nonsense" in the interest of protecting state secrets? I agree it is a tangled web of lies but cannot discount the physical fact that the twin towers and building seven bore a very strong resemblance to a controlled demolition. Admit it...that was just plain weird.

No. It looked nothing like a controlled demolition beyond the whole falling down thing.

Large terrorist movements need an outside sponsor. Most of the time that is a nation or nations.

For Saudi Arabia to be indirectly involved wouldn't surprise me. I don't think they would be so stupid as to knowingly be involved, though.

Saudi Arabia is certainly guilty of turning a blind eye to terrorist funding by wealthy individuals within their nation. They used to operate on a basis of leaving them alone so long as they didn't cause domestic trouble.

I think that Loren has it right, the only thing that I would add is the obvious fact that Saudi Arabia is a kingdom with a large, very wealthy royal family, any one of the members could have financed the entire operation out of their petty cash, even without realizing the true nature of the people that they were giving money to.

The government of Saudi Arabia didn't have to be involved for it to appear that the country of Saudi Arabia was involved.

Large terrorist movements need an outside sponsor. Most of the time that is a nation or nations.

For Saudi Arabia to be indirectly involved wouldn't surprise me. I don't think they would be so stupid as to knowingly be involved, though.

Saudi Arabia is certainly guilty of turning a blind eye to terrorist funding by wealthy individuals within their nation. They used to operate on a basis of leaving them alone so long as they didn't cause domestic trouble.
And the U.S. does the same thing. So do lots of countries.

We used to turn a blind eye to IRA fundraising but these days we are trying to crack down.

We used to turn a blind eye to IRA fundraising but these days we are trying to crack down.

The Provisional IRA, for whom the US used to 'turn a blind eye to fundraising', ceased terrorist operations in 1997, and disbanded in 2005.

I am sure the people, politicians and armed forces of the UK, who were the Provos main targets, are glad to hear that you are trying to crack down 'these days' :rolleyesa:

Cong. Jones, who has read the report, says he was "shocked" by what he found. Cong. Lynch agreed.

Can't be that secret if your run of the mill congressman can read it.

Saudi Arabia involved...as in Bin Laden and his entire family being Saudi Arabian? That kinda covers a lot of ground.

The Provisional IRA, for whom the US used to 'turn a blind eye to fundraising', ceased terrorist operations in 1997, and disbanded in 2005.

I am sure the people, politicians and armed forces of the UK, who were the Provos main targets, are glad to hear that you are trying to crack down 'these days' :rolleyesa:

I'm saying we are cracking down on terrorist funding in general, not specifically the IRA.

Cong. Jones, who has read the report, says he was "shocked" by what he found. Cong. Lynch agreed.

Can't be that secret if your run of the mill congressman can read it.

Oh. No, it can be pretty secret, and given to members of congress. Security classification is kinda BS.

Back
Top Bottom