• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

4th year honors thesis survey on conservative movements and values

matsc

Basic Beliefs
Private
Hello! I’m a 4th year psychology honors student at The University of Queensland. I’m conducting a study for my thesis project, looking at the decision making of American conservatives and their past and future intentions of collective action (such as signing petitions, voting or going to rallies). My study is roughly 15-20 mins long and I would greatly appreciate your voluntary participation.

https://uqpsych.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_00u0pg0lbDOwjpI

Hello! I’m a 4th year psychology honors student at The University of Queensland. I’m conducting a study for my thesis project, looking at the decision making of American conservatives and their past and future intentions of collective action (such as signing petitions, voting or going to rallies). My study is roughly 15-20 mins long and I would greatly appreciate your voluntary participation.

Ar you asking for only conservative respondents?

Since part of my job is writing and analyzing surveys, I started to take it before seeing the answer. I was terminated when I indicated that I'm liberal. So the survey is screening for conservatives.

Since part of my job is writing and analyzing surveys, I started to take it before seeing the answer. I was terminated when I indicated that I'm liberal. So the survey is screening for conservatives.

To an Australian, aren’t we ALL conservatives in the US? :D

Europeans too. The US is on a different scale.

E8JXfpZVgAYZplf

The more the US shifts liberal the better. Can't happen fast enough. Though the hard right anchor that lives divorced from reality is huge danger to democracy.

The more the US shifts liberal the better. Can't happen fast enough. Though the hard right anchor that lives divorced from reality is huge danger to democracy.

Do you think that a shift to the left is likely, or even possible, in the near future? US politics was right of Europe when Carter was President, and has been rapidly moving to the right ever since. The rate has varied, but the direction hasn't.

Only the mixed up ones.

Nah, you're just a bit more (neo) liberal than we are. Which is why your working class is poorer, your prisons are larger, and you do more paperwork. :D

Do you think that a shift to the left is likely, or even possible, in the near future? US politics was right of Europe when Carter was President, and has been rapidly moving to the right ever since. The rate has varied, but the direction hasn't.

No idea. I've been reading a few articles. Most think that on average the US is getting more liberal (Accepting gay marriage, etc..) but then there are the hard right whose brains have fallen off a cliff. I'm not terribly hopeful.

Pure insanity.

The right wing has moved so far right over the last decades it has fallen over the cliff and has absolutely no connection to the real world.

It thinks people being "woke" is a real problem we need to address. Not climate change.

The real world understands a modern nation should consider healthcare a human right. This is the center of the vast majority of the industrial world.

In the US the center is supporting a corporate for-profit health system that excludes tens of millions.

The center in the US is fascist torture of millions.

I'd like to ask the OP if we will get to see some of the results. I presume this survey is posted on other boards and social media. This place is likely not to generate much sample but I am curious the number of screen-in's vs screen-outs too.

Hey! Thank you for taking my survey. Yes, we are looking for self-identifying American conservative participants.

Hello! Yes, we intend to post the findings of our study in a lay-summary format. It will not be posted to message boards but will be accessible to anyone at the Social Change Lab website: http://www.socialchangelab.net/people.html

In regards to the sample - I am very open to your suggestions if you have any, on where and how I might generate a bigger sample. Forums and social media groups have not yielded the greatest success so far, and almost a perfect 50-50 split in screen-in's and out's.

I'd like to ask the OP if we will get to see some of the results. I presume this survey is posted on other boards and social media. This place is likely not to generate much sample but I am curious the number of screen-in's vs screen-outs too.

Hello! Yes, we intend to post the findings of our study in a lay-summary format. It will not be posted to message boards but will be accessible to anyone at the Social Change Lab website: http://www.socialchangelab.net/people.html

In regards to the sample - I am very open to your suggestions if you have any, on where and how I might generate a bigger sample. Forums and social media groups have not yielded the greatest success so far, and almost a perfect 50-50 split in screen-in's and out's.

I always thought this forum was kinda off the beaten track. How does one find this place whilst overlooking more obvious bastions of American Conservatives like Stormfront or FreeRepublic?

Back
Top Bottom