• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A day without stupid?

Before the smoke had time to clear, Trump was on record saying that the explosion in Beirut looked like a "terrible attack". That is the kind of thoughtful, deliberate thinking that makes him such a great international leader. (The fact that there were 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate stored there couldn't have been an awful accident waiting to happen, obviously.)

ETA: Here is a video of the explosion. It must be the kind of bomb that uses a massive warehouse fire as a fuse.

Seriously, how could even FFvCS be stupid enough to shoot off his mouth like that.

Trump said "our great generals" told him so.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/eFKxlZq-mAQ[/YOUTUBE]

US defense officials contradict Trump: No indication yet of attack in Beirut - CNNPolitics

But the defense officials, who declined to be identified so they could speak freely, said they didn't know what the President was talking about.

One official said that if there were indications anyone in the region pulled something off of this scale, it would trigger automatic increases in force protection for US troops and assets in the region -- if for no other reason than worry about retribution attacks.

That official noted that none of that has happened so far.

Before the smoke had time to clear, Trump was on record saying that the explosion in Beirut looked like a "terrible attack". That is the kind of thoughtful, deliberate thinking that makes him such a great international leader. (The fact that there were 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate stored there couldn't have been an awful accident waiting to happen, obviously.)

ETA: Here is a video of the explosion. It must be the kind of bomb that uses a massive warehouse fire as a fuse.

Seriously, how could even FFvCS be stupid enough to shoot off his mouth like that.

Trump said "our great generals" told him so.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/eFKxlZq-mAQ[/YOUTUBE]

US defense officials contradict Trump: No indication yet of attack in Beirut - CNNPolitics

But the defense officials, who declined to be identified so they could speak freely, said they didn't know what the President was talking about.

One official said that if there were indications anyone in the region pulled something off of this scale, it would trigger automatic increases in force protection for US troops and assets in the region -- if for no other reason than worry about retribution attacks.

That official noted that none of that has happened so far.

But he gets his information from alt-right websites. They see terrorist attacks everywhere. So I'm not surprised.

Because Trumpo just says what he feels. He's not a bright person. But he's a savior to lots of voters because to them he's really, really smart.

Because Trumpo just says what he feels. He's not a bright person. But he's a savior to lots of voters because to them he's really, really smart.

I don't buy the idea that Trump voters are mindless sheep who worship him. All they need to believe is that he's less corrupt than Hillary. Which isn't hard to be. If a candidate is seen as corrupt the slickness will work against them. Most people know Trump is a corrupt idiot, but at least he's too stupid to hide his motives. I suspect that's the secret sauce behind Trump's popularity. Nobody trusts their elected politicians. Nobody. Voters have a sacred duty to distrust them. I think that's as true for Trump voters as anybody.

Wait... Trump just made something up on the spot? And he stuck with it, despite it having no validity whatsoever?

Never saw that coming.

I don't buy the idea that Trump voters are mindless sheep who worship him. All they need to believe is that he's less corrupt than Hillary. Which isn't hard to be. If a candidate is seen as corrupt the slickness will work against them. Most people know Trump is a corrupt idiot, but at least he's too stupid to hide his motives. I suspect that's the secret sauce behind Trump's popularity. Nobody trusts their elected politicians. Nobody. Voters have a sacred duty to distrust them. I think that's as true for Trump voters as anybody.

White fragility is Trump's secret sauce. You'll notice that is what he is running on in 2020. Not a replacement to ACA, not bringing jobs back to America. No, he's going with the niggers are tearing our cities apart and are gonna move into your neighborhood and make your homes worthless. He technically hasn't used the word "nigger" yet.

Wow, you really don't get it.

Read "The Authoritarians", if you haven't. Then realize that most trump suckers are really really high on the RWA scale, but very few of them are 'double high'.

Read "The Authoritarians", if you haven't. Then realize that most trump suckers are really really high on the RWA scale, but very few of them are 'double high'.

I have not read it. But it's not the core fanbase that settle elections. It's the people largely undecided. Last time there was an election the democrats won. So obviously those people exists. I somehow doubt many of Trumps biggest fans voted Obama last election. It's the other guys. The "even some Jews voted for Hitler"-crowd.

We have a bad habit of looking at the most extreme supporter of a side and use them as an example of how all or most of their supporters are. Rabid fans are morons. They don't count, in the big picture. They can't be swayed by arguments. So we can ignore them. We should focus on the "lesser of two evils"-voters. By listening to their motives we might actually learn something valuable.

Reactions: WAB

I have not read it. But it's not the core fanbase that settle elections. It's the people largely undecided. Last time there was an election the democrats won. So obviously those people exists. I somehow doubt many of Trumps biggest fans voted Obama last election. It's the other guys. The "even some Jews voted for Hitler"-crowd.

We have a bad habit of looking at the most extreme supporter of a side and use them as an example of how all or most of their supporters are. Rabid fans are morons. They don't count, in the big picture. They can't be swayed by arguments. So we can ignore them. We should focus on the "lesser of two evils"-voters. By listening to their motives we might actually learn something valuable.

No doubt that's true but Trump is perceived as something of a good gangster to many of the people I know. To them he isn't overly smart, just clever enough to make the smart people afraid of him. He's not Robin Hood, more like John Dillinger.

Of course he's a crook and liar and cheat of epic proportions, but they prefer him because they perceive him as fighting for them, and most of "them" are just as dirty with their taxes, relationships, etc.

Pres Trump said:
Biden will Take away your guns, destroy your second amendment, no religion, no anything. Hurt the bible, hurt God. Wants to wall up God Cask of Amontillado style. He's against God. He hates my pool boy Jesus. *inaudible talk back*. Wah? Oh Jaysus. He hates Jaysus. He’s against guns, he’s against energy. He has an unholy alliance with entropy. He will be responsible for the heat death of our entire universe.
I took a little liberty, just a little.

Fiction! Trump knowing the word "entropy"? If it was in his script, he'd read it with 'pie' at the end. Give him a sentence with origins, entropy, and Yosemite in it and he'd go into brain freeze. Melania would have to spoon-feed him his milkshakes.

To be fair, it's pretty common for americans to fail to reproduce foreign names and words.
Recently I saw Neil DeGrasse Tyson butchering the name of Yuri Kondratyuk
And it was in a film, not in some random interview. He cold not ask some russian about pronunciation or at least check with translate.google.com, it can speak in Russian and even English version of pronunciation is more than fine.

Last edited:
Probably what he thinks of when he thinks of that country.

It's been a while since I have posted a John Oliver clip so here we go:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J-p-p1lKvY[/youtube]

Someone should make a bingo sheet of these countries names.

Back
Top Bottom