• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A message to conservatives

I read that this morning. Drudge linked to it.
It's mind blowing to me that supposedly patriotic politicians can keep repeating this crap. I expect it from Trump. But for people like Graham to keep chipping away at the foundations of democracy like he's doing is unpardonable.
Tom

Graham just got re-elected (in a fraudulent election according to his logic though) so he doesn’t see being vociferously pro-Trump as a handicap.

I am trying to be a little more conciliatory toward conservatives than that.

I would say to them, man up, seek truths, not lies that fit your ideology, that make you feel better.

Start with this one, we need a fully functioning central government. Your conservative ideology, which denies this simple fact, hasn't been able to provide the competent government that we need for more than thirty years. The results of this denial have included the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans, wars started by intentional mistakes, the failure to address the climate crisis, the failure to once again address systemic racism, and the two worse recessions since the Great Depression.

The Democrats are going to have to face their own truths, too. They won the presidential race by running against Trump, now they must be for something. And they can't steamroll through a liberal wishlist even if they win both Georgia Senate runoffs, a result that is as unlikely as the state voting for a Democrat for the presidency. They must make a better effort to explain why it is in the best interests of all Americans to achieve some of these goals. Why the nation needs these things, improved health care for all, reduced income inequality, a reduction of systemic racism, justice reform, immigration reform, improved infrastructure, higher support for education, lower private debt including the most critical, student loan debt, and a reduction in carbon emissions.

Because it's ongoing -- witness Cruz and Graham saying that T still has a "path to victory", which means there has been massive fraud committed. This is post-patriotism. Imagine damaging the next administration by telling the country he won by skullduggery. Imagine the lack of patriotism in stirring up this sort of paranoia in your base. Brazen nonsense from men with no integrity.

Back
Top Bottom