• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Alcohol weed replacement

Folks,

TBH the OP still seems unanswered.

To put it this way: Are there different forms of feeling good?

A.

It seems pretty obvious there are lots of ways of feeling good. Those ways have distinct differences as well. At least it seems pretty obvious to me. There are probably many more ways to suffer though.

For some people, alcohol and weed might be one as good as the other, but not for me. I do not like alcohol and very rarely drink, only an occasional foofoo drink at a party or something, or a glass of wine maybe two or three times a year. I love the foliage, though. :love:

For some people, alcohol and weed might be one as good as the other, but not for me. I do not like alcohol and very rarely drink, only an occasional foofoo drink at a party or something, or a glass of wine maybe two or three times a year. I love the foliage, though. :love:

In my experience this is pretty common, most people tend toward one or the other, but rarely both. Unless they're a twenty-three year old who just likes fucking themselves up :D.

In my experience this is pretty common, most people tend toward one or the other, but rarely both. Unless they're a twenty-three year old who just likes fucking themselves up :D.

I just don't understand the love for alcohol. Can't relate. This is not a judgment, but just talking about how alien it is to me. I don't like drunks, but other than that, to each his own. My body just doesn't like it at all. I'm very thankful for this as alcoholism runs in my family. I have my own unhealthy addictions, but I still feel like I dodged a bullet with alcoholism.

I just don't understand the love for alcohol. Can't relate. This is not a judgment, but just talking about how alien it is to me. I don't like drunks, but other than that, to each his own. My body just doesn't like it at all. I'm very thankful for this as alcoholism runs in my family. I have my own unhealthy addictions, but I still feel like I dodged a bullet with alcoholism.

I agree, although I was a bit of a heavy drinker myself up until about 2012 (which was probably just a hold-over from my early years as I was only 26).

These days pot gives me anxiety, so as far as low-key stimulants go alcohol, caffeine, and sedating teas are pretty much my only options. As time goes by, however, I enjoy the effect of both alcohol and caffeine less and less, and am getting used to just being sober most of the time. But every now and then I do enjoy a well-crafted beer or whisky. Some will guffaw at that comment, but those are the people drinking Busch Lite and cheap bourbon. I like buying good Scotch and casually sipping on it over a year, or a few really nice beers.

So drinking isn't such a bad hobby if you don't overdo it, but drunkenness is a normalized part of most cultures. People over-drink because they can and nobody will blink an eye, or even out of blind habit (I've always done it this way, kind of thing).

I agree, although I was a bit of a heavy drinker myself up until about 2012 (which was probably just a hold-over from my early years as I was only 26).

These days pot gives me anxiety, so as far as low-key stimulants go alcohol, caffeine, and sedating teas are pretty much my only options. As time goes by, however, I enjoy the effect of both alcohol and caffeine less and less, and am getting used to just being sober most of the time. But every now and then I do enjoy a well-crafted beer or whisky. Some will guffaw at that comment, but those are the people drinking Busch Lite and cheap bourbon. I like buying good Scotch and casually sipping on it over a year, or a few really nice beers.

So drinking isn't such a bad hobby if you don't overdo it, but drunkenness is a normalized part of most cultures. People over-drink because they can and nobody will blink an eye, or even out of blind habit (I've always done it this way, kind of thing).

Yeah, and I would not support shaming or punishing drunkenness. We rightfully punish harmful or dangerous actions taken while drunk, but shaming drunkenness itself would only demonize people possibly suffering from a health issue, not a moral one.

The only real issue I have with current attitudes about drinking is the stupidity and hypocrisy of people who support criminalization of other substances but don't blink at the dangers of alcohol.

Hi Floof,

I would put ethanol and weed on even terms. Different buzz; both good. But (as mentioned often) hitting the blacktop on the bikes blows both hits out of the water, and like sex it has to be done straight. :cool:

Winter now and I'm in serious cold turkey with the weather. Desperate.

A.

No, a high is not a high. I speak from experience, having at least tried every major category of psychedelic substance out there.

Lol.. Your alias reminded me of some of the synthetic cannibinoids, or maybe Shulginesque nomenclature. Ok, it reminded me of 2ct7.

I've remembered a friend who used to do 'crossover'. This is someone injecting him with heroin in one arm and another person injecting cocaine in his other arm at the same time. He had some ill health and I've lost touch with him. His answer to the OP question would have been enlightening, maybe?

My brother got hired to do a gig in Toronto playing keyboards for Whitesnake doing a couple shows over a weekend. He said all the band members were doing the above.

Back
Top Bottom