• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Always" to ax female symbol from sanitary products packages in nod to trans users....GOD HELP US!

This is so outrageous, I'm surprised we don't have 24/7 news coverage on the subject. But I don't want OAN, so maybe it already is.

OAN Anchor: And now to discuss this tragedy, we have our panel of people that are so uptight, you'd swear we have their testicles in a vice. So Mitchell, explain to us, why does this not only matter, but it is worth losing our bowel control over.
Mitchell: Dave, it is as simple as this. Inertia exists for a reason. When Einstein invented inertia, he did so in order to keep things moving. Without inertia, things would just stop. And once things stop, they back up. And then your doctor tells you that you are eating too much red meat and not eating enough vegetables or drinking enough fluids...
Deitrich: I need to butt in here, because I don't think Mitchell is properly explaining just how awful this is. We are literally falling down the slippery slope...
Mark: Deitrich, that just is bs. We've been at the base of the slope for a decade now. The transfeminazis have won and that has corporations fleeing, making such awful choices out of fear. We only have days to live.

The subtraction of a symbol from a product lineup is not the source of the outrage. It's the reasoning behind the subtraction, and the implications of that.

So what, in your opinion, is the reasoning and implications?

I am not beating around the bush, capitalists are trying to increase profits by super wide margins.

"Always announced it will remove the Venus symbol from its menstruation products packaging following calls by transgender advocates, who said its parent, Procter & Gamble, was alienating trans and gender-nonconforming customers by not acknowledging that they, too, can experience menstruation."

“Could someone from Always tell me why it is imperative to have the female symbol on their sanitary products?” Twitter user Melly Bloom, one of those advocates, tweeted over the summer. “There are non-binary and trans folks who still need to use your products too you know!”

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...e-symbol-sanitary-products-packaging-n1069721

More insanity from leftists. A trans woman can not have a period because they are a man! Therefore, the product is for FEMALES, not MALES. Very simple. Saying, "Men can have periods!" is just downright anti-science. They are not men having periods, they are women having periods.

Just who the hell do these leftists SJW's think they are? These people are so offended and outraged at everything that they have to force a company to cater to less than 1% of the population. Why can't they just buy the product with a female logo on it without being offended? The product is the same, they didn't change it. Just go into the store and buy it. Why do they need changed labels before they can be comfortable buying something?

The snowflake generation has really gone to new heights. God help us all. Think about the anti-Christian agenda. A company will cater to trans people but Starbucks refuses to write "Merry Christmas!" on their cups because they don't want to cater to Christians. Even though the majority of people in this country are Christian, it's a big no-no to say "Merry Christmas!" Cater to trans, ignore Christians. Pretty sick agenda here.

"God help us"?

Really?

"God help us"?

Are you even a real Christian? Do you even know what the 1st commandment is? Here is a refresher...

THOU SHALT HAVE NO OTHER GOD BEFORE ME!

And here you are... upset... that some company is taking a PAGAN symbol off of their product.

Maybe you need a little bit of introspection to think about this topic a little bit. As a Christian, not as a conservative talking point regurgitator. Are you REALLY upset that pagan symbols are disappearing from popular consumer products? I mean that extra paragraph you added to the end of your OP should have tickled some sort of cognitive dissonance... but ... I guess that I STILL expect too much from you.

it's not a pagan symbol. It is an astronomical symbol. That astrologists (and then pagans and others) also use it does not make the symbol "pagan". You know, whatever your first name is.. there is a white supremacist with that name somewhere... therefore you are a white supremacist unless you change your name.

You guys should quit ragging on Half Life so much. Its getting to be pretty bloody awful!

Cry me a river. It's more of a cycle really between left and right. It just happens to be that time. When it's the Right's time, you can discharge Halfie to go after real wedge issues.

C'mon, now.

Let's get back to the issue.

Oops, there isn't one.

The subtraction of a symbol from a product lineup is not the source of the outrage. It's the reasoning behind the subtraction, and the implications of that.

So what, in your opinion, is the reasoning and implications?

From the sources I've read, last summer (in the northern hemisphere), somebody tweeted @ the Always company that the Venus symbol on their products was "exclusionary" and alienated trans and non binary people. This was enough for the Always company to change their branding symbol--not because they'd tested it and people didn't like it, not because some new director of marketing had a thought bubble, not because sales were slipping, not, seemingly, any other reason than that they were scared that sympathetic boycotts by biological women could hurt them.

Always might have had good reason to fear such action (goodness knows, putting a Venus symbol on something aimed at women would not have been regarded as evil and insensitive even five years ago); it does seem that if a company gets in the sights of a woke progressive--they've got a problem on their hands. The company made this decision because somebody on Twitter demanded it. That person, of course, did not represent trans or non-binary people, just themselves. And the change was made, and the company absolutely did not seem to care if their existing customer base liked the symbol. The arguments in support of the change say some people find it "dysphoric" to see it: as if it were seeing a symbol in the cotton that triggers dysphoria for trans men, instead of, you know, having the period in the first place.

Now presumably, the trans and nonbinary people, and the cis sympathisers could have (and maybe would have) bought any number of brands of female hygiene products that did not have a Venus symbol. But that isn't good enough. Every company must cater to woke sensibilities. There must be nothing on the market that offends the woke. That includes clothing they don't need to buy, movies they don't need to watch, and ideas they don't need to listen to.

Back
Top Bottom