• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Always" to ax female symbol from sanitary products packages in nod to trans users....GOD HELP US!

The purpose of religion is to control the behavior of people when you don't have a rational reason for the behavior. People living three thousand years ago in the Levant knew that people who didn't eat certain foods like pork and shellfish were generally healthier than people who did. They didn't know why so it became a directive from a non-existent god not to eat those foods.

Maybe the religious among us can explain to us why people still follow these three-thousand-year-old ignorances today when we understand the advantages of thoroughly cooking pork and refrigerating shellfish.

They do. Everyone with a dietary law has someone loudly proclaiming the modern-discovered benefits of not eating pork or beef, not drinking coffee or sodas, not eating dick or ass, or whatever, trying to prove the ancient ignorance was actually prophetic knowledge.

Traditional German foods:

Traditional German Food
Meat Dishes
Sauerbraten (Roast Beef Stew)
Schweinshaxe (Pork Knuckle)
Rinderroulade (Beef Roll)
Schnitzel (Breaded Cutlet)
Hasenpfeffer (Rabbit Stew)
Traditional German Sausages
Bratwurst (Grilled Sausage)
Knockwurst (Boiled Sausage)
Weisswurst (Bacon Sausage)
Currywurst (Sausage with Curry Sauce)
Side Dishes
Kartoffelpuffer (Potato Pancake)
Kartoffelkloesse (Potato Dumplings)
Sauerkraut (Fermented Cabbage)
Spätzle (Egg Noodles)
Butterkäse (Butter Cheese)
Brezeln (Pretzel)
German Beer
Traditional German Desserts
Lebkuchen (Gingerbread Cookies)
Apfelkuchen (Apple Cake)
Mohnstrudel (Poppy Seed Strudel)
Kaiserschmarrn (Pancake)
Black Forest Cake
Stollen

I see plenty of foods there that aren't pork. I don't think the kids are going to starve.

https://www.wildjunket.com/traditional-german-food-what-to-eat-in-germany/

roflcopter. Yeah, no child has ever eaten food that they've been told not to. The hand in the cookie jar meme was manufactured from whole cloth.
First, look up the word "most". Second, being told not to eat more of something you like (i.e. cookies) is not the same as being forbidden to eat something you have had. Really, your examples are getting dumber.

Any child who likes pork, whether their parents are Muslims or Jews or vegans or even evil white people, pay the price of not enjoying it when it is struck from a menu. At least have the cojones to acknowledge that.
You are the one who claimed "every child" without any knowledge about their dietary habits or likes. You were wrong.

As for the "price", we have no idea what price that is. In fact, reducing the demand for pork reduces the contribution of swine production to climate change. Perhaps someone should do a study to see if the "price" from the reduced menu choice at the nursery school compares to the effect on health and climate change.

Or they can push back against the change. That too is an option. Changing schools is not as easy as, say, changing tampon brands.
Changing schools is an option. So is pushing back. So is sending pork as part of their lunch or snack. So is not being a whiny ninny about a menu change.

Non. Pork is a central part of traditional German cuisine, and the children who like pork and are missing out on it are paying the price.

What exactly is that price?

The price of not eating pork because other people's parents don't eat it is the enjoyment you would have gotten if pork had remained on the menu. This doesn't seem like a great mystery to me.

If my work banned pork, I would pay the price by not having the enjoyment I would have gotten had I otherwise been able to enjoy pork at work.

Also, I was almost going to say the children are paying a cultural price, but the only culture white people have is rape culture.

First, look up the word "most". Second, being told not to eat more of something you like (i.e. cookies) is not the same as being forbidden to eat something you have had. Really, your examples are getting dumber.

Your defence of the harebrained scheme is as dumb now as it was before.

You are the one who claimed "every child" without any knowledge about their dietary habits or likes. You were wrong.

Good lord, you know what? I take it back. Every child does pay the price, including children who hate the taste of pork. After all, diversity is a strength and that includes diversity in white meats. I thought you were a diversity champion.

As for the "price", we have no idea what price that is. In fact, reducing the demand for pork reduces the contribution of swine production to climate change. Perhaps someone should do a study to see if the "price" from the reduced menu choice at the nursery school compares to the effect on health and climate change.

If you were going to argue that--(and like any religionist, you appear to want to come up with a secular façade for carrying on a religious superstition)--I'd say the complete banning of meat all together would have much better greenhouse-reducing effects, and not the banning of a particular kind of meat chosen not on its greenhouse effect but by the superstitious preferences of religionists.

Changing schools is an option. So is pushing back. So is sending pork as part of their lunch or snack. So is not being a whiny ninny about a menu change.

If the children have paid for the lunch (as they almost certainly have), providing one's own pork is no kind of substitute--unless the cost of the prepared lunch is refunded/not charged.

It's incredible that you think anybody who objects to a menu item being banned is 'whining' (that's all your ideological enemies ever do, it seems) - but you have no criticism for the actual decisions and process that led up to the ban -- there wasn't even evidence that the parents of the children who were ostensibly supposed to benefit were even consulted, let alone all the other parents.

"God help us"?

Really?

"God help us"?

Are you even a real Christian? Do you even know what the 1st commandment is? Here is a refresher...

THOU SHALT HAVE NO OTHER GOD BEFORE ME!

And here you are... upset... that some company is taking a PAGAN symbol off of their product.

Maybe you need a little bit of introspection to think about this topic a little bit. As a Christian, not as a conservative talking point regurgitator. Are you REALLY upset that pagan symbols are disappearing from popular consumer products? I mean that extra paragraph you added to the end of your OP should have tickled some sort of cognitive dissonance... but ... I guess that I STILL expect too much from you.

This is hilarious. Well played.

Traditional German foods:

Traditional German Food
Meat Dishes
Sauerbraten (Roast Beef Stew)
Schweinshaxe (Pork Knuckle)
Rinderroulade (Beef Roll)
Schnitzel (Breaded Cutlet)
Hasenpfeffer (Rabbit Stew)
Traditional German Sausages
Bratwurst (Grilled Sausage)
Knockwurst (Boiled Sausage)
Weisswurst (Bacon Sausage)
Currywurst (Sausage with Curry Sauce)
Side Dishes
Kartoffelpuffer (Potato Pancake)
Kartoffelkloesse (Potato Dumplings)
Sauerkraut (Fermented Cabbage)
Spätzle (Egg Noodles)
Butterkäse (Butter Cheese)
Brezeln (Pretzel)
German Beer
Traditional German Desserts
Lebkuchen (Gingerbread Cookies)
Apfelkuchen (Apple Cake)
Mohnstrudel (Poppy Seed Strudel)
Kaiserschmarrn (Pancake)
Black Forest Cake
Stollen

I see plenty of foods there that aren't pork. I don't think the kids are going to starve.

https://www.wildjunket.com/traditional-german-food-what-to-eat-in-germany/

Nobody claimed they would starve. Evan vegans don't starve: they just have sad culinary experiences for the rest of their natural-born lives.

Your defence of the harebrained scheme is as dumb now as it was before.
I am not defending it. Pointing out your arguments are either illogical or simply stupid is not defending the scheme.

Good lord, you know what? I take it back. Every child does pay the price, including children who hate the taste of pork. After all, diversity is a strength and that includes diversity in white meats. I thought you were a diversity champion.
Doubling down on the stupid doesn't help your case.

If you were going to argue that--(and like any religionist, you appear to want to come up with a secular façade for carrying on a religious superstition)--I'd say the complete banning of meat all together would have much better greenhouse-reducing effects, and not the banning of a particular kind of meat chosen not on its greenhouse effect but by the superstitious preferences of religionists.
You're the one talking about "prices", not me. But even you are now tacitly admitting that your argument has no merit since the limiting effect of banning of pork on those children does not depend on the intent behind it.

If the children have paid for the lunch (as they almost certainly have), providing one's own pork is no kind of substitute--unless the cost of the prepared lunch is refunded/not charged.
That is idiotic - if one wants one's child to eat pork at school, then sending the pork to school for that child to it is a substitute.
It's incredible that you think anybody who objects to a menu item being banned is 'whining' (that's all your ideological enemies ever do, it seems)
I suppose it would seem to the illiterate.
- but you have no criticism for the actual decisions and process that led up to the ban -- there wasn't even evidence that the parents of the children who were ostensibly supposed to benefit were even consulted, let alone all the other parents.
For someone who is so worried about German culture, you seem to forget that part of German culture is obeying authority without question.

Non. Pork is a central part of traditional German cuisine, and the children who like pork and are missing out on it are paying the price.

What exactly is that price?

The price of not eating pork because other people's parents don't eat it is the enjoyment you would have gotten if pork had remained on the menu. This doesn't seem like a great mystery to me.

If my work banned pork, I would pay the price by not having the enjoyment I would have gotten had I otherwise been able to enjoy pork at work.

Also, I was almost going to say the children are paying a cultural price, but the only culture white people have is rape culture.

Judging by the numbers of extra kids eating at my house who asked for seconds and thirds of whatever non-pork dishes I was serving, it would appear that not a single one noticed it was missing or found their meals lacking.

It’s really nice that you are concerned that some children in Germany might be missing out on eating your favorite food.

I also worry a lot about children missing out on good nutritious and delicious meals but I think I am more concerned that their families lack the means to provide the meals or that their family or country's or region’s circumstances prevent them from receiving the nutrition they need. I don’t worry much that kids won’t get to eat pork at a school in Germany.

Judging by the numbers of extra kids eating at my house who asked for seconds and thirds of whatever non-pork dishes I was serving, it would appear that not a single one noticed it was missing or found their meals lacking.

That's a great story you should tell it at parties.

It’s really nice that you are concerned that some children in Germany might be missing out on eating your favorite food.

I also worry a lot about children missing out on good nutritious and delicious meals but I think I am more concerned that their families lack the means to provide the meals or that their family or country's or region’s circumstances prevent them from receiving the nutrition they need. I don’t worry much that kids won’t get to eat pork at a school in Germany.

No, and you don't worry when institutions decide to apply individual dietary preferences based on superstition to all their clients, without consulting those people and without even consulting the people who it was ostensibly supposed to benefit.

I know you don't care. You don't need to signal it.

I am not defending it. Pointing out your arguments are either illogical or simply stupid is not defending the scheme.

You've done neither. But, it is telling that you're not defending the scheme but anybody who complains about it is a whiner.

You're the one talking about "prices", not me. But even you are now tacitly admitting that your argument has no merit since the limiting effect of banning of pork on those children does not depend on the intent behind it.

You don't know how arguments work, and you seem to feel the need to continue to furnish us all with the evidence of this fact.

The intent behind banning pork was that some white saviors decided, with no evidence, that it would benefit the children of Muslim parents to do so. Like yourself, they either thought there was no price paid or that the price paid didn't matter.

That is idiotic - if one wants one's child to eat pork at school, then sending the pork to school for that child to it is a substitute.

No: idiotic is clearly knowing the nuances of the phrase 'no substitute' and ignoring them.

For someone who is so worried about German culture, you seem to forget that part of German culture is obeying authority without question.

Yes, the country that produced Protestantism is universally regarded as having blind obeisance to authority.

That's a great story you should tell it at parties.

No, and you don't worry when institutions decide to apply individual dietary preferences based on superstition to all their clients, without consulting those people and without even consulting the people who it was ostensibly supposed to benefit.

I know you don't care. You don't need to signal it.

The decision was made in an attempt to include children who might have dietary restrictions/attract new families. What I find concerning is that nobody thought to consult the families they were seeking to include.

I honestly don’t understand your outrage. Do you personally find it essential to consume pork at every meal? Pork is not essential in a healthy diet, no matter how essential your personal tastes might find it.

An interesting video from a trans guy who got a period after four years from switching to a weaker version of testosterone. One thing I noted is that facial hair and maybe structure (?) and voice going the FTM direction are additions which is easier than the subtraction often needed surgically in the MTF route.

Also takes some level of courage to bare this to the public.

One thing that bothers me a little bit is people (trans and not) caring about whether people take hormones and get surgery. Fuck that. I don't want someone pressured into doing or not doing that to fit in - "if you are really trans you would take hormones". If a trans who has had hormones pressures another trans to also do it that is wrong.

The decision was made in an attempt to include children who might have dietary restrictions/attract new families.

You have manufactured the 'attract new families' reason.

The children with dietary restrictions imposed on them by their parents were already included, because they were already at the school.

What I find concerning is that nobody thought to consult the families they were seeking to include.

Or the rest of the families affected--you know--all of them.

I honestly don’t understand your outrage. Do you personally find it essential to consume pork at every meal? Pork is not essential in a healthy diet, no matter how essential your personal tastes might find it.

Of course you don't understand it. The fact that you think my concern is based on your vapidly idiotic suggestion that I find it "essential" to consume pork at every meal tells me you are probably incapable of understanding. I never made that argument and I never even hinted at an argument like that. Why the fuck would you believe that was my reasoning?

Seriously, Toni, why the fuck would you believe that?

But, in case the multiple times I've listed the reasons why I think it's a stupid decision evaded you in this and the other thread, I will list them here again.

• The change was instituted to ostensibly benefit the children of people who didn't ask for the change nor were consulted about it.
  • The change was instituted without consultation of any parent involved, in fact.
  • Avoiding any food because you think god wants you to avoid it is a stupid reason to avoid it.
  • Anointing yourself a white savior who alters convention to cater to a small minority while the majority pays the price is an objectionable thing to do.
  • Having something no longer available to you in order to satisfy the dietary preferences of a small minority means you have been deprived of that something no matter how trivial or time-limited you think that deprivation is.
  • Institutions should not impose the same religious restrictions on their clients that religious people choose to impose on themselves; freedom of religion means freedom from religion too.
  • No one the fuck ever claimed pork was essential to human development or that children would starve without it so stop the fuck pretending anybody said that.
  • Manufacturing post-hoc ostensibly secular (but still false) "benefits" from this ban to justify it is a sure sign the real reason for it is a bad reason.
  • Do not the fuck piss on my boots and tell me it's raining. If you can't even bring yourself to admit that everyone else is paying a price to satisfy the conscience of white saviors, you are simply more morally stunted than I had imagined. Diversity is great except when it isn't, apparently. Not having something that you like to eat means you are paying a price. You are less happy than you would have been had you been able to have that thing.

The bottom line is, you have every right to accept when white saviors impose their preferences, without consultation, on you, to salve their own conscience. But you have no business telling everyone affected they are irrational, illogical, that they are suffering no harm or paying no price, that only the dietary preferences of some cultures matter, and that the people with dietary preferences in cultures that don't matter should change schools or bring their own sandwiches and that they should be willing to pay the price to indulge the white saviors.

You've done neither.
You did claim that sending pork to school for your kid no kid of substitute for the school's pork - a claim is incredibly stupid.
But, it is telling that you're not defending the scheme but anybody who complains about it is a whiner.
Didn't say that.

You don't know how arguments work, and you seem to feel the need to continue to furnish us all with the evidence of this fact.
You should change your screen name to Irony.
The intent behind banning pork was that some white saviors decided, with no evidence, that it would benefit the children of Muslim parents to do so. Like yourself, they either thought there was no price paid or that the price paid didn't matter.
Unlike yourself, at least they thought about it.

No: idiotic is clearly knowing the nuances of the phrase 'no substitute' and ignoring them.
I'm not the one who wrote "no kind of substitute". You did.

Yes, the country that produced Protestantism is universally regarded as having blind obeisance to authority.
The country who goosestepped into the Holocaust is regarded that way.

You did claim that sending pork to school for your kid no kid of substitute for the school's pork - a claim is incredibly stupid.

No, you regard it as an acceptable substitute, but then again you think the thing given up was completely trivial.

The country who goosestepped into the Holocaust is regarded that way.

Well, it's true that cultures are static and the Germans changed nothing about their culture after the war.

Back
Top Bottom