• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

And it's gone ...

Derec

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
53313306.jpg

Hamas is shooting rockets at Israel again. I hope IDF responds swiftly and forcefully.
I also hope the world finally wakes up to Hamas propaganda lies like the "green shirt" sniper victim who wasn't.

Derek did it again....put up a clownish cartoon to support more horror. It amazes me how some of us here simply see no value in humanity and treat this destruction like a joke...or perhaps like punishing wayward children. It's nor a joke. It is real killing and maiming of men women and children whose only crime was growing up or trying to in Gaza.

One does not have to love Hamas to know that all this killing and destruction and oppression is wrong and can only lead to more of the same. So blame Hamas. You still don't have a right to kill children or medical doctors treating them...no matter how awful Hamas is. MORE THAN 400 CHILDREN DEAD.

And what are the casualty figures from these deadly rockets?

Are they really weapons?

Or just a sign that the status quo is unacceptable?

I know Israel wants to continue to hold it's boot on the throat of Gaza and any attempt to move that boot is a crime.

Derek did it again....put up a clownish cartoon to support more horror.
No, the "clownish cartoon" is illustrating Hamas supporting more horror. Israel agreed to a ceasefire extension, Hamas rejected it. And they didn't even wait for the ceasefire to be over, but shot their rockets 2 hours before the scheduled end of the ceasefire, violating the terms yet again, proving that they can't be trusted.
It amazes me how some of us here simply see no value in humanity and treat this destruction like a joke...or perhaps like punishing wayward children. It's nor a joke.
I agree it's not a joke. War is hell, but sometimes it is a necessary hell. In this case, it is a hell that Hamas, and by extension the Gazan people, freely chose for themselves.
There is a German proverb that goes Lieber ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende (better an ending with horrors than horrors without end). With Nazi Germany, the Allies weren't forced to resort to "mowing the lawn" of Nazi threat every few years but crushed and destroyed the Nazi state and rebuilt Germany only after that. I think that is also necessary with Hamas and Gaza. Destroy Hamas and other terrorist groups thoroughly and then and only then can a peaceful, free and prosperous Gaza be rebuilt. Until then we are all doomed to witnessing outbreak of major hostilities every few years as Hamas rebuilds their rocket stocks (from Iran among others) and digs more tunnels.

It is real killing and maiming of men women and children whose only crime was growing up or trying to in Gaza.
The party responsible for killing of innocents is Hamas. Not only do they use human shields (as for example France24 illustrated) but they chose this war, and I do not just mean this war but the whole conflict, especially after Israel withdrew from Gaza and they had a chance at freedom and prosperity.

One does not have to love Hamas to know that all this killing and destruction and oppression is wrong and can only lead to more of the same. So blame Hamas. You still don't have a right to kill children or medical doctors treating them...no matter how awful Hamas is. MORE THAN 400 CHILDREN DEAD.
Numbers I have seen is "more than 300" but in any case 400/2000 is 1/5 or 20%. The number of minors in Gaza is 50% which means that they are far less likely to be killed than their population proportion would suggest. Which means that Israel is actually targeting fighters and not shooting indiscriminately (which would result in ~50% of the dead being minors) or even, as some particularly nasty commentators have claimed, that Israel targets children (which would result in minors being >50% of the dead). Children dying in war is unfortunately not completely avoidable under best of circumstances but when we have a party to hostilities that is not only callously disregarding the safety of civilians but purposely puts them in harm's way by using schools and hospitals for combat purposes (which obviously forfeits their protected status) that the responsibility for civilian/children deaths must be laid at their feet, not against those that are forced to defend themselves against such an enemy.

We once kept animals locked up in a pen. Made them mean.

Good thing we had a taser to keep them in their place.

Are they really weapons?
No, they are just toys. :banghead:
Map-Amlach-new-EN1.jpg

Shooting rockets is not going to change the status quo, as the current status quo (blockade and all) is a direct result of Hamas using the disengagement of Israel from Gaza to start lobbing rockets and mortars into Israel by the thousands.

I know Israel wants to continue to hold it's boot on the throat of Gaza and any attempt to move that boot is a crime.
The problem is that removing restrains has always resulted in more attacks on Israel. Hamas has demonstrated over and over again.

And what are the casualty figures from these deadly rockets?

Are they really weapons?

How about the casualty figures in Gaza.

Even the BBC now admits there seems to be an elephant in the room:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28688179

although they are still downplaying the size of it.

- - - Updated - - -

We once kept animals locked up in a pen. Made them mean.

Good thing we had a taser to keep them in their place.

Exactly what the Arabs are doing with the Palestinians.

Derec, I lived on a military base that was mortared daily from close range. More people were injured by stray bullets fired in parties than from the mortars. Rockets are even less accurate and the ones Hamas uses are less reliable, never mind the iron dome project that actively destroys incoming projectiles.

"These Hamas rockets threaten the MAJORITY of the Israeli population"

Wow, with all that firepower on their side Hamas actually sucks at killing Israelis.

Derec, I lived on a military base that was mortared daily from close range. More people were injured by stray bullets fired in parties than from the mortars. Rockets are even less accurate and the ones Hamas uses are less reliable, never mind the iron dome project that actively destroys incoming projectiles.
Are you saying you lived on a military base that did not shoot back those firing at you or what's your point?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, with all that firepower on their side Hamas actually sucks at killing Israelis.
Not for lack of trying.

Not for lack of trying.

Right. That's the idiocy of the caption.
They have huge-ass weapons, supposedly. Lots of them. And they try like hell to kill as many Israelis as possible.
And EITHER they are the worst Keystone Cops EVAH; I mean, like, ever.... or perhaps the incredible firepower and killing intent they allegedly possess is exaggerated.

They have huge-ass weapons, supposedly. Lots of them. And they try like hell to kill as many Israelis as possible.
And EITHER they are the worst Keystone Cops EVAH; I mean, like, ever.... or perhaps the incredible firepower and killing intent they allegedly possess is exaggerated.

These rockets have caused deaths and injuries as well as damage to buildings. The bigger rockets not only have longer range but also bigger warheads, up to 144 kg! Luckily Israel has the Iron Dome system that shoots 90% of the rockets deemed to fly toward an inhabited area. Those that do not are allowed to land and are not attempted to be intercepted. But the Iron Dome system is expensive. Each interceptor costs almost $30k.
Also Israelis are forced to go to bomb shelters every time there is a rocket attack disturbing their lives and interrupting economic activity.
No country would tolerate such attacks and Israel is within its rights to defend herself.
And unfortunately Hamas still enjoys strong support within Gaza, which makes Gazans complicit.

And unfortunately Hamas still enjoys strong support within Gaza, which makes Gazans complicit.

You mean the less than adequately informed Gazans who are being spoon fed propaganda that is made all the bit more believable because of the hundreds of dead Palestinian civilians and the explosions?

Israeli security has not been hampered in such a way that these civilian casualties are acceptable. It isn't like when there were suicide bombings going off back in the early 2000's.

How about the casualty figures in Gaza.

Even the BBC now admits there seems to be an elephant in the room:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28688179

although they are still downplaying the size of it.
Even at a 10 to 1 exaggeration, there is a 100 to 1 civilian to civilian casualty disparity.
Not really, since all Palestinian civilians are likely to be either actual terrorists, incipient terrorists, Islamists or incipient Islamists. Until you can prove that a dead person is none of those, he/she is a legitimate target. Once you factor that out, the ratio is more like 0.00000000000001 to 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Just think of the deaths if they could aim like the IDF.

American's are such hypocrits! We go insane when our borders are being invaded by illegals seeking to peacefully improve their lives. We are militarizing our southern borders. But Israelis are bad when they are trying to stop a group from launching rockets into their country! If Mexico started launching missiles into Texas, we'd show less mercy the Israel currently is. I'm sorry that the Gazians have such a shitty economy, but no country should have to live with rockets being constantly fired at them.

Back
Top Bottom