• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another cop "fears for his life" - Officer Michael Slager Shooting Unarmed Black Man In The Back

How do you figure that? He called a Jewish shop owner in Harlem a "white interloper" which resulted in one of Sharpton's acolytes committing arson and murder there (Freddy's Fashion Mart).
One of Sharpton's acolytes? Puhlease!

That'd be the Due Process. Investigated and cleared. That isn't a bad thing.
Again, why couldn't the investigation be allowed to proceed without torching and looting the QT and numerous other businesses?
It could have, quite easily. But a small minority of hooligans decided to use a killing as an excuse for destruction. Their actions had nothing to do with anything, but their thirst for violence.

What the Justice Department did uncover was a for-profit Court system, however.
That is hardly limited to Ferguson or to black people.
How is that relevant?
The main purpose of unreasonably low speed limits is revenue generation, not safety (since cars are much more stable at speed and capable to brake than they were in the 70s). If DOJ really cared about this issue they'd target all the different "speedersfundus" locales in the US.
This went well beyond tickets for speeding.

What the hell difference does it make what kind of car he was driving or how much he paid for it?

It has absolutely zero relevance to the fact that he was shot in the back while fleeing. He could have been driving a Lamborghini for all the difference it makes.
It is an attempt to make the guy look bad as a dead beat dad. And he very well may have been a person to scorn and hold in contempt.

But none of that justifies his killing, and can only be assumed to be inserted into the conversation to muddy the waters, but Derec has already said the killing was illegal and the cop should be charged.

One of Sharpton's acolytes? Puhlease!
Do you think the arson/murder happening right after Sharpton's incitement was just coincidence?

And if say David Duke called a black shop owner in a white neighborhood a "black interloper" would you be defending him as not hateful?

It could have, quite easily. But a small minority of hooligans decided to use a killing as an excuse for destruction. Their actions had nothing to do with anything, but their thirst for violence.
Those hooligans were part of the protest movement.

It also has to do with irresponsible people ignoring the tickets and getting bench warrants. That is not the fault of the courts though.

9e3.png

Do you think the arson/murder happening right after Sharpton's incitement was just coincidence?

And if say David Duke called a black shop owner in a white neighborhood a "black interloper" would you be defending him as not hateful?
What is with your hard on for Sharpton?

Those hooligans were part of the protest movement.
They are at the protest, they weren't part of the movement.

It also has to do with irresponsible people ignoring the tickets and getting bench warrants. That is not the fault of the courts though.
*sigh*

Mercedeses actually keep their value pretty well. Depending on condition (from the back it didn't look bad at all) and mileage it could go for as much as $10k.

It's not quite the same as a brand new Mercedes straight off the production line :rolleyesa:
Sure, a 1991 300E (or similar) is not exactly an unjustifiable luxury purchase but it will set you back much more than an average 1991 car would.

And it has a considerably higher ongoing cost than a cheaper car would. Being old doesn't change the price of spare parts.

Why the fuck are we talking about his car?! He doesn't have a car anymore. He was slaughtered by an officer.

Why the fuck are we talking about his car?! He doesn't have a car anymore. He was slaughtered by an officer.

But, regardless of the circumstances of the killing, the officer did kill him in single combat and is therefore entitled to his armour and horse - or the modern equivalent thereof, namely his car. Seeing how the officer is on video shooting him in the back, he's got a tricky defence coming up and is going to need a decent lawyer. Having won a better car gives him more money when he sells it to put towards legal fees.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that the victim was trying to do a runner! Put yourself in the cop's shoes, what would you do?

I'm not a cop. I don't know what I would do in that situation. My "professional" opinion is that Scott didn't seem too dangerous. I guess I would've tried to chase him down and attempt to arrest him again. Slager calmly pulled out his gun Terminator-style and shot him down.

Anyone know what constitutes a legal shooting for that police department? Is it legal for them to shoot an unarmed fleeing person in the back? The police department fired Slager because he lied and planted evidence but I wonder what would've happened to him if he didn't do either of those things.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that the victim was trying to do a runner! Put yourself in the cop's shoes, what would you do?

I'm not a cop. I don't know what I would do in that situation. My "professional" opinion is that Scott didn't seem too dangerous. I guess I would've tried to chase him down and attempt to arrest him again. Slager calmly pulled out his gun Terminator-style and shot him down.

Anyone know what constitutes a legal shooting for that police department? Is it legal for them to shoot an unarmed fleeing person in the back? The police department fired Slager because he lied and planted evidence but I wonder what would've happened to him if he didn't do either of those things.

The Fleeing Felon Rule was struck down in 1985 as being unconstitutional. Now they can only shoot someone who's fleeing arrest if they have probable cause to believe that they pose a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others.

In other news, US cops were apparently legally allowed to shoot someone just for running away from them up until 1985. :confused:

The Fleeing Felon Rule was struck down in 1985 as being unconstitutional. Now they can only shoot someone who's fleeing arrest if they have probable cause to believe that they pose a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others.

In other news, US cops were apparently legally allowed to shoot someone just for running away from them up until 1985. :confused:
You misspelled 2015.

That explains why Slager lied and placed the taser by Scott's body.

You misspelled 2015.

Ya. Apparently, I did.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/odds-are-police-officer-michael-slager-will-not-go-to-prison-in-last-10-years-jurors-set-most-charged-officers-free

It doesn't appear that cops killing people is a thing that most folks have a problem with.

You misspelled 2015.

Ya. Apparently, I did.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/odds-are-police-officer-michael-slager-will-not-go-to-prison-in-last-10-years-jurors-set-most-charged-officers-free

It doesn't appear that cops killing people is a thing that most folks have a problem with.

It's amazing that not only do many of them get away with it but some are able to get their job back or work as a cop in another area. Granted some of these cops really do believe they could be killed and make a genuine (yet colossal) mistake but it's scary that they can keep working. It's like allowing an air traffic controller to remain on the job after putting two planes together.

Last edited:
Has this cop a record of racism, or arrogance or some other misadventure? If his record is sullied in any way, the courts will deal with him accordingly. If he has an impeccable record, then it's up to the prosecution and defence to argue it out in court.

Back
Top Bottom