• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another cop "fears for his life" - Officer Michael Slager Shooting Unarmed Black Man In The Back

Now you defend the decision to shoot him in the back as he ran.
No. I already said that. But the decision to run and struggle with the cop was a very dumb one, because even if he weren't shot it would have resulted in serious negative consequences for him.

I get it. I really do. You think shooting a black man in the back is okay because they're all criminals.
No, I do not think all black people are criminals. Then again, I do not think it's a smart move for black people to make themselves criminals by running either.

Then again, I do not think it's a smart move for black people to make themselves criminals by running either.

So running from a cop is a crime which should be punishable by summary execution.

Wow.

He just takes off running for no apparent reason (but in time to "Max lost his head"). Drugs?
Also between the music and the car (300E or similar) the video seemed like a 90s time shift. :)

So looking at an older model car and listening to the music playing in the background in a video recording of a fleeing man you know will be shot 5 times in the back a few moments later makes you happy-smile?

Last edited:
There does not seem to be any evidence of a struggle. Looks like he started running and got shot because of that.

He just takes off running for no apparent reason (but in time to "Max lost his head"). Drugs?
Also between the music and the car (300E or similar) the video seemed like a 90s time shift. :)

Did you just put a smiley on someone getting killed because it amuses you? Did your mother have you tested?

This is you yet again blaming the dead black victim. This is not you "looking at the big picture". This is you "speculating" a/k/a slandering the victim on the basis of nothing more than your own prejudices.

I think you are mixing up cause and effect. Unless you think Scott was a psychic. A real life "magical negro" if you will.
I think you regularly mix up your predujiced imagination for facts, unless you think you are psychic :rolling eyes:

I mean, there's never been an incidence of a black man stopped for a minor traffic violation where the situation escalated and the officer shot someone dead.
Millions of people get stopped for minor traffic violations every day, including many blacks. In the vast majority of cases nothing happens. When there is a shooting, or other use of force, it is usually due to some sort of altercation/scuffle like with Michael Brown or Tony Robinson or because there was a weapon like with Vonderritt Myers or Antonio Martin.
What is it with some people here? First Rhea, now you defend Scott's decision to run.
Again your selective memory allows you to blame the dead black victim. There have, unfortunately, been several recent cases of black men shot and killed for NOT running, for actually complying with police orders and still being shoot dead.

But neither here nor there, how come when YOU speculate -always in a manner slanderous to the dead black victim - it is fine, but when anyone else speculates you dance around having hissy fits?

Every post you make proves my point about you and Loren always going to irrational extremes to blame the dead black victims. Always.

Slager's mother has not watched the video but cannot imagine her son doing such a thing. What a deluded bitch. Probably just looking for publicity.

Can someone explain to me the mentality behind the continual cries of "the victim did something stupid" whenever there's a thread about a cop shooting someone dead. There's a bizarre implication that a cop shooting someone is an acceptable response to them doing something stupid. If that's not the implication, then what relevance does it have?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find stupidity to be a remotely justifiable excuse for armed agents of the state to shoot people dead.

Did you just put a smiley on someone getting killed because it amuses you? Did your mother have you tested?

Yeah, his posts have no decency. His posts are getting worse and worse.

On the flip side, the guy may very have been a deadbeat dad, and quite the jerk. But still, in the US, that isn't a capital offense.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone explain to me the mentality behind the continual cries of "the victim did something stupid" whenever there's a thread about a cop shooting someone dead. There's a bizarre implication that a cop shooting someone is an acceptable response to them doing something stupid. If that's not the implication, then what relevance does it have?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find stupidity to be a remotely justifiable excuse for armed agents of the state to shoot people dead.
It's the "she was asking for it" parallel. This argument should come as no surprise. What does come as a surprise is that a few people seem to think that their observation that jumping out of a car in a police stop being a bad idea is somehow a unique interpretation on their part and they feel it necessary to explain to us.

It's probably alredy been said, but would this be such a big deal had the cop been black and the runner white?

Maybe, but video of a white horse thief being gang beat up by cops and was not resisting has surfaced this morning.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/1...ders-probe-into-recorded-beating-horse-thief/

KNBC-TV (http://bit.ly/1H8UC3D ) helicopter footage showed a man dressed in bright red clothing trotting a horse through rugged desert.

The footage then shows the horse appearing to veer or shy as a helicopter sweeps over it. The man then falls or is thrown off the horse.

A deputy runs up, falls, gets up again and uses an electric shock gun on the man. However, the Sheriff's Department statement said the Taser was ineffective because Pusok was wearing loose clothing.

The video shows the man falling face-down with his arms and legs outstretched, then rising briefly and falling again spread-eagled. Two deputies then appear to come up and kick him in the head and crotch. They then appear to begin pounding him.

And those who like to defend police just because:
Two deputies suffered dehydration, a third was kicked by the horse and all were taken to a hospital for treatment, the statement said.

It's not an excuse, just an explanation. It appears certain percentage of policemen are broken robots which start shooting at anything which does not compute in their little heads.

Google for just world hypothesis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis

The just-world hypothesis or just-world fallacy is the cognitive bias (or assumption) that a person's actions are inherently inclined to bring morally fair and fitting consequences to that person, to the end of all noble actions being eventually rewarded and all evil actions eventually punished. In other words, the just-world hypothesis is the tendency to attribute consequences to—or expect consequences as the result of—a universal force that restores moral balance.

Looks like the horse is brown. And it kicked a deputy. Its amazing they didn't shoot it! Take that those who say that police are violent racists!

Maybe, but video of a white horse thief being gang beat up by cops and was not resisting has surfaced this morning.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/1...ders-probe-into-recorded-beating-horse-thief/

helicopter footage showed a man dressed in bright red clothing trotting a horse through rugged desert.

The footage then shows the horse appearing to veer or shy as a helicopter sweeps over it. The man then falls or is thrown off the horse.

A deputy runs up, falls, gets up again and uses an electric shock gun on the man. However, the Sheriff's Department statement said the Taser was ineffective because Pusok was wearing loose clothing.

The video shows the man falling face-down with his arms and legs outstretched, then rising briefly and falling again spread-eagled. Two deputies then appear to come up and kick him in the head and crotch. They then appear to begin pounding him.

I saw this yesterday. It is disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom