• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another cop "fears for his life" - Officer Michael Slager Shooting Unarmed Black Man In The Back

So you suggest every black man run if they get stopped for a traffic violation? Is that what you are saying?
I think we may have reached peak ridiculousness.

So you suggest that every black man that runs from the cops is on drugs and deserves to get shot?

Peak ridiculousness.

Every post you make proves my point about you and Loren always going to irrational extremes to blame the dead black victims. Always.
I don't think that is a fair representation. In general, Loren has defended gross use of force regardless the race of the victim.

Every post you make proves my point about you and Loren always going to irrational extremes to blame the dead black victims. Always.
I don't think that is a fair representation. In general, Loren has defended gross use of force regardless the race of the victim.
this is very true, LP's massively pro-government stances are very well established through years of posting history here. this is one subject where his racism is not relevant.

He just takes off running for no apparent reason. Drugs?

Well it couldn't be anything like running from someone who will shoot him in the back.

I mean, there's never been an incidence of a black man stopped for a minor traffic violation where the situation escalated and the officer shot someone dead. Or beat them to within an inch of their life. Or beat them to death.

No, the best course of action for a black man stopped by a while police officer is to just keep their hands on the wheel and comply, because no white cop has ever shot a black man who didn't have it coming.

:rolleyes:

You've got it backwards. Stops go bad when the people resist.

And I see nothing wrong with the stop. I'm white, I've been stopped by a white officer for the very same thing--a brake light that didn't work. The guy is giving evasive answers and then runs for it while the cop is checking things out--he knew he was going to jail.

This is obviously totally useless regarding the shooting, though.

Can someone explain to me the mentality behind the continual cries of "the victim did something stupid" whenever there's a thread about a cop shooting someone dead. There's a bizarre implication that a cop shooting someone is an acceptable response to them doing something stupid. If that's not the implication, then what relevance does it have?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find stupidity to be a remotely justifiable excuse for armed agents of the state to shoot people dead.

It comes up repeatedly because it's the truth. They do something very stupid that threatens the cop or appears to threaten the cop. (For example, a local case involving a guy spaced out on heavy painkillers--who finally tried to hand his gun to the cops barrel first. In hindsight he was handing it over, not trying to shoot them.)

Who the fuck steals a horse these days? I'm on the cops' side on that one because that dude deserves a beating for being a hundred years too late on his crime.

Who the fuck steals a horse these days? I'm on the cops' side on that one because that dude deserves a beating for being a hundred years too late on his crime.
Must of been high on drugs and thought he was climbing into a Mustang.

He was on foot and stole it from a dud ranch to get away and was succeeding until the news helicopter spooked the horse.

He was on foot and stole it from a dud ranch to get away and was succeeding until the news helicopter spooked the horse.

Well, the Texas Marshalls guarding the gold bullion on the train car are lucky that helicopter showed up then.

I assume that this guy was about to rob a train next.

The original cop narrative contained a number of things that didn't happen. This kind of tragedy is being played out all over the country every day. It is not funny when you see these boys in blue throw restraint out the window. This is a murder.

The original cop narrative contained a number of things that didn't happen. This kind of tragedy is being played out all over the country every day. It is not funny when you see these boys in blue through restraint out the window. This is a murder.

Killing a horse thief isn't actually murder. You're allowed to just shoot them.

The original cop narrative contained a number of things that didn't happen. This kind of tragedy is being played out all over the country every day. It is not funny when you see these boys in blue through restraint out the window. This is a murder.

He didn't steal anything, and definitely not a horse. This is a crime being committed by a cop.

He didn't steal anything, and definitely not a horse. This is a crime being committed by a cop.

I don't think you understand what the term "horse thief" means. It refers to someone who has stolen a horse. It's actually a remarkably descriptive term for what it represents.

Maybe, but video of a white horse thief being gang beat up by cops and was not resisting has surfaced this morning.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/1...ders-probe-into-recorded-beating-horse-thief/

KNBC-TV (http://bit.ly/1H8UC3D ) helicopter footage showed a man dressed in bright red clothing trotting a horse through rugged desert.

The footage then shows the horse appearing to veer or shy as a helicopter sweeps over it. The man then falls or is thrown off the horse.

A deputy runs up, falls, gets up again and uses an electric shock gun on the man. However, the Sheriff's Department statement said the Taser was ineffective because Pusok was wearing loose clothing.

The video shows the man falling face-down with his arms and legs outstretched, then rising briefly and falling again spread-eagled. Two deputies then appear to come up and kick him in the head and crotch. They then appear to begin pounding him.

And those who like to defend police just because:
Two deputies suffered dehydration, a third was kicked by the horse and all were taken to a hospital for treatment, the statement said.

I've seen similar. Helicopter view of a kid running through backyards. He realizes he's cornered so lays face down on the ground, arms out-stretched and waits for the cops to arrive. Cops run up to him and start beating him with their batons. All in clear- bright daylight view of the helicopter's camera.

I wonder if the cops just don't care who sees what they do because they feel invulnerable.

I don't think you understand what the term "horse thief" means. It refers to someone who has stolen a horse. It's actually a remarkably descriptive term for what it represents.

But what about the crime, Tom? It is no joke. If you are referring to the horse thief, that was just plain gross too!

So looking at an older model car and listening to the music playing in the background in a video recording of a fleeing man you know will be shot 5 times in the back a few moments later makes you happy-smile?
Excuse me for finding some degree of levity in a tragic situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Then again, I do not think it's a smart move for black people to make themselves criminals by running either.
So running from a cop is a crime which should be punishable by summary execution.
Wow.
Did I say that? No.
I said fleeing from the police like he did is stupid. Nothing to gain (the cop had his driver's licence) and much to lose.

Back
Top Bottom