• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Fucking Mass Shooting At US School

E83FCF13-DF32-494E-A36B-7331C2ED3000.jpeg

You tell yourself it doesn’t happen around here. It’s other parts of the country that this happens. I drive home this evening and there’s a shit load of cops sheriffs and ambulances outside a neighborhood church. Two dead and one injured. About three blocks from my house. Fuck. In a church. Dude just walks in to a “boomer potluck” dinner and starts shooting. I know people who go there and am friends with many of the victims friends. Surprised I don’t know the victims. Pathetic. So many Christians worship guns more than they worship Jesus.

It’s a really sad day here. I’m just stunned. Utterly stunned.

View attachment 39090

You tell yourself it doesn’t happen around here. It’s other parts of the country that this happens. I drive home this evening and there’s a shit load of cops sheriffs and ambulances outside a neighborhood church. Two dead and one injured. About three blocks from my house. Fuck. In a church. Dude just walks in to a “boomer potluck” dinner and starts shooting. I know people who go there and am friends with many of the victims friends. Surprised I don’t know the victims. Pathetic. So many Christians worship guns more than they worship Jesus.

And today in "Only in America", 2 dead, 1 wounded, this doesn't count as a mass shooting.

View attachment 39090

And today in "Only in America", 2 dead, 1 wounded, this doesn't count as a mass shooting.
Since it happened in a church, Foxnews will play it up for sure. But then they’ll find out it was one of them liberal churches and it will be never mind.

OK. So what did you mean when you wrote this?
Suppose City A has a culture that results in city officials that promise to "rein in cops and provide more taxpayer money to homeless people."
City B has a culture that results in city officials that promise to "empower the cops and restrict taxpayer money to homeless people."
Five years later, which city do you think will have increased crime and homelessness? Which will have less?
Seattle, Washington or Mobile, Alabama?
He meant “Preventing crime and homelessness by stopping people from becoming homeless, and reducing the conditions that inspire them to commit crime, is difficult, expensive, and takes a very long time. Let’s not bother with all that effort, when instead we could have all the order and public safety we want, by simply living under the jackboot of a police state”.

He probably didn’t notice that that’s what he meant; But that’s pretty much exactly what he said.

I'm sure you believe that.

Similarly, I'm sure that other people believe that Trump won the 2020 election.

Bless Your Heart.
All of you.
Tom
You stated something incoherently, it is impossible to understand what you said, what you meant to say, nor any backing to support any potential point. You were asked specifically to elaborate twice. But you didn't, nor did you show any intention to make anything clear. You show absolutely no interest in actually having a discussion.

Twitter might be a better place for you.

View attachment 39090

Since it happened in a church, Foxnews will play it up for sure. But then they’ll find out it was one of them liberal churches and it will be never mind.
It's been reported that the shooter is a 71 year old man who occasionally attended services at the church.

Boomers go wild!

After Uvalde, ‘Horrified and Heartbroken’ is the New ‘Thoughts and Prayers’ | The Mary Sue
But I guess the inaction shouldn’t surprise us. According to a survey, in 2019 alone, the NRA (National Rifle Association) spent $1.6 million to convince Congress to vote against gun safety laws. Over his time in office, McConnell received $1,249,967 from the NRA, while Blackburn also received a hefty $1,306,130 since being elected.

American politicians have a long history of picking cash from the NRA and staying in office over the lives of the people who elect them. This weekend the NRA is holding a conference where both Texas Governor Greg Abbott and Texas Senator Ted Cruz are attending and billed to speak. A fun fact—the NRA is not allowing guns during a certain portion of the events. Probably because guns are dangerous and white men commit most mass shootings—also known as the NRA’s key audience.

noting
Jason Kirk on Twitter: "Now imagining how much money and time went into the branding meetings where somebody came up with "horrified and heartbroken" after "thoughts and prayers" wore out its welcome" / Twitter

It got responses
Nico on Twitter: "@thejasonkirk The consultant who suggested using alliteration is out there diving into pools of money like Scrooge McDuck" / Twitter
and
Walshmobile on Twitter: "@thejasonkirk I also feel like it's not a coincidence that Sinema has the same message as the republicans" / Twitter
and
Some Guy on Twitter: "@thejasonkirk I guess the same three interns are responsible for all congressional tweeting about mass tragedy because their bosses are off at some donor event and can't be bothered" / Twitter

Kyrsten Sinema on Twitter: "We are horrified and heartbroken by the senseless tragedy unfolding at Robb Elementary School in Texas and grateful to the first responders for acting swiftly. No families should ever have to fear violence in their children's schools." / Twitter

Sen. Marsha Blackburn on Twitter: "Horrified and heartbroken to learn of the significant loss of life in the shooting in Uvalde, Texas. Please join me in lifting their loved ones up in prayer.
Thank you to the local first responders working on the scene." / Twitter

Leader McConnell on Twitter: "Horrified and heartbroken by reports of the disgusting violence directed at innocent schoolkids in Uvalde, Texas. The entire country is praying for the children, families, teachers, and staff and the first responders on the scene." / Twitter

Also from some others, like Sen. John Hoeven. I recall someone posting on Twitter a sizable collection of such H&H tweets, but I didn't keep track of it.

Kyrsten Sinema says 'DC solutions' on guns not 'realistic' - Raw Story - Celebrating 18 Years of Independent Journalism
Republicans allowed the 1994 federal ban on semi-automatic weapons to expire in 2004. A 2019 study found "Mass-shooting fatalities were 70% less likely to occur during the federal ban period."

Senator Sinema appeared to disagree with that study in remarks to reporters late Wednesday morning.

"I asked her if she was willing to set aside the filibuster," Punchbowl News co-founder Jake Sherman reports. "She said she didn’t believe 'that DC solutions are realistic here.'"

The federal assault weapons ban was a "DC solution."

Sinema also told Sherman that "despite the fact that there is always heated rhetoric here in DC, I do think there's an opportunity for us to actually have real conversations and try and do something. I think the conversation across America is very different than it is here."
What meaningless rhetoric.
"People at home all across America are just, they're scared," Sinema added, suggesting that is no reason to make changes to the way the Senate works, or to pass gun control legislation. "They want us to do something."

Sinema committed to no action other than "to start having conversations again with colleagues on both sides of the aisle to determine whether or not there's something we can actually do to help increase safety and protect kids across the country."

The House has already passed multiple bills the Senate could take up and pass -- or at least get Senators on the record.
Rep. Ruben Gallego, a possible primary challenger for KS in 2024, tweeted in response to her H&H tweet
Ruben Gallego on Twitter: "Please just stop.. unless you are willing to break the filibuster to actually pass sensible gun control measures you might as well just say “thoughts and prayers”" / Twitter

I'll look at that tweet again.
Kyrsten Sinema on Twitter: "We are horrified and heartbroken by the senseless tragedy unfolding at Robb Elementary School in Texas and grateful to the first responders for acting swiftly. No families should ever have to fear violence in their children's schools." / Twitter
Except that the cops whined for an hour about how afraid they were of the shooter's weapon.

Even so, KS didn't call for prayer as Sen. MB did, and she didn't even mention that activity, unlike Sen. MMC.

(((John Forsyth)))📎🏒🕔 on Twitter: "Trauma surgeons need more than politicians who send thoughts and prayers. Or who feel horrified and heartbroken. (pic link)" / Twitter

Ian Weissman, DO on Twitter: "Trauma Surgeons Detail the Horror of Mass #Shootings in the Wake of Uvalde, and Call for Reforms. (link)" / Twitter
noting
Trauma Surgeons Detail the Horror of Mass Shootings in the Wake of Uvalde and Call for Reforms | Kaiser Health News
When Dr. Roy Guerrero, a pediatrician in Uvalde, Texas, testified before a U.S. House committee Wednesday about gun violence, he told lawmakers about the horror of seeing the bodies of two of the 19 children killed in the Robb Elementary massacre. They were so pulverized, he said, that they could be identified only by their clothing.

In recent years, the medical profession has developed techniques to help save more gunshot victims, such as evacuating patients rapidly. But trauma surgeons interviewed by KHN say that even those improvements can save only a fraction of patients when military-style rifles inflict the injury. Suffering gaping wounds, many victims die at the shooting scene and never make it to a hospital, they said. Those victims who do arrive at trauma centers appear to have more wounds than in years past, according to the surgeons.

View attachment 39090

It's been reported that the shooter is a 71 year old man who occasionally attended services at the church.

Boomers go wild!
70, and he was also a federal gun dealer with a history of illegal conduct: https://www.al.com/news/2022/06/chu...ned-by-federal-agents-about-missing-guns.html

View attachment 39090

Boomers go wild!
70, and he was also a federal gun dealer with a history of illegal conduct: https://www.al.com/news/2022/06/chu...ned-by-federal-agents-about-missing-guns.html
The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is apparently a good guy with a gun with a blunt object made of wood.

Reactions: SLD
View attachment 39090

Boomers go wild!

Yeah. Talked to someone who knew him. Always been an odd person. And it’s 3 dead now.

article said:
The ATF report said agents found 86 firearms in Smith’s possession compared to 97 on his official dealer’s record. Smith failed to record the disposition of some firearms, the report said. He also failed to record the address of gun buyers, the report said.

So he’s selling guns to people that he’s not recording…

and so they sent him a letter.

My personal focus on “gun control” is coming down hard and NOW on sellers and compliance to the law. I don’t think this requires legislation, but rather the executive will to enforce.

So many deaths, including during crimes of robbery or gangs that use guns, would be eliminated by this ALREADY THE LAW enforcement.

article said:
The ATF report said agents found 86 firearms in Smith’s possession compared to 97 on his official dealer’s record. Smith failed to record the disposition of some firearms, the report said. He also failed to record the address of gun buyers, the report said.

So he’s selling guns to people that he’s not recording…

and so they sent him a letter.

My personal focus on “gun control” is coming down hard and NOW on sellers and compliance to the law. I don’t think this requires legislation, but rather the executive will to enforce.

So many deaths, including during crimes of robbery or gangs that use guns, would be eliminated by this ALREADY THE LAW enforcement.
You send a letter first because it's probably just a simple mistake.

Eric Michael Garcia on Twitter: ".@AOC tells me ..." / Twitter
.@AOC tells me she is worried about the criminalization in the gun framework: “particularly, the juvenile criminalization, the expansion of background checks into juvenile records, I want to explore the implications of that and how specifically i’s designed and tailored.” 1/

“After columbine, we hired thousands of police officers into schools and while it didn’t prevent many of the mass shootings that we’ve seen now, it has increased the criminalization of teens in communities like mine.” 2/2

When I asked if she was worried if the mental health aspects would increase stigmatization, she said “absolutely. Because what people are blaming on mental health are really deeper issues of violent misogyny and white supremacy. And while there are mental health issues..”3/

“Attenuated like the deep isolation that we see with a lot of these folks, at the end of the day, we’re not addressing—there are some issues like the boyfriend loophole being closed,” she says. “The connection between domestic violence, and masa shootings, et Cetera.”

STBull on Twitter: "@EricMGarcia @AOC Have you ever considered talking to someone who’s actually getting things done rather than just talking about the problems on social media and undermining Democrats’ progress? Might be a good use of your time." / Twitter
noting
Rep. Lauren Underwood on Twitter: "It’s more important than ever that students are able to access mental health care and support in school.
I secured $111 million, a nearly 700% increase, for school-based mental health programs so young people have the tools they need to thrive." / Twitter

The Recount on Twitter: "Rep. @AOC on Senate's gun reform framework: "I'm disappointed to hear a focus on increased criminalization & juvenile criminalization instead of really having the focus on guns. But the background checks provision is encouraging. So I think we really need to look at the text." (vid link)" / Twitter

Gun Sellers Stoke Fears to Boost Weapon Sales - The New York Times - "The number of firearms in the U.S. is outpacing the country’s population, as an emboldened gun industry and its allies target buyers with rhetoric of fear, machismo and defiance."
Even though helmets and body armor would make a heck of a lot more sense for self-defense.
Guns and ammo have been in short supply for a long time. While 5 years ago you could get a significant discount on retail prices for popular handguns, today you will pay retail or higher, and probably consider yourself lucky if you can find the model you want. And prices of ammo have gone through the roof - basic FMJ 45acp ammo in boxes of 100 or 200 used to sell for $0.20 to $.35 per round just 3 years ago, while today you will pay $.70 to $.90 per round. The manufacturers literally cannot keep up with the demand. Some of that may be due to the impact of Covid, but in large part, it is because a lot of people are buying more and hoarding ammo and guns fearing these may be banned. It is like the toilet paper fiasco, only it goes on forever.

Uvalde police officers waiting outside a pair of Robb Elementary school classrooms where kids and teachers were trapped with a gunman didn’t try to open the door to save them, according to a new report.
Citing an unnamed law enforcement source close to the case, San Antonio Express-News said surveillance footage shows that officers did not try to open the door that led to the classrooms a single time in 77 minutes. The 18-year-old shooter ultimately killed 21 people, including 19 kids on May 24 and was shot dead by border patrol agents who stormed the classroom.
The report is the latest in a series of damning revelations about the police response to the mass shooting, which survivors and politicians have described as cowardly and negligent.
Uvalde has hired a private law firm in an effort to suppress body camera footage and other records surrounding the mass shooting, Motherboard reported last week. In a letter, the city’s private lawyer argued it should be exempted from releasing records in part because they include “highly embarrassing information” and may cause “emotional/mental distress.”
As many as 19 cops stood in the hallway outside the connecting classrooms while the rampage took place. Police initially said the gunman had locked the door and that they were waiting for keys. However, the source speaking to San Antonio Express-News said that while authorities may have assumed the door was locked—the doors are designed to lock automatically once closed—a malfunction means it may have been open the entire time, but officers didn’t try it.
The source also said the cops had access to a tool called a “halligan” that could have crowbarred a locked door open.

Uvalde police officers waiting outside a pair of Robb Elementary school classrooms where kids and teachers were trapped with a gunman didn’t try to open the door to save them, according to a new report.
Citing an unnamed law enforcement source close to the case, San Antonio Express-Newssaid surveillance footage shows that officers did not try to open the door that led to the classrooms a single time in 77 minutes. The 18-year-old shooter ultimately killed 21 people, including 19 kids on May 24 and was shot dead by border patrol agents who stormed the classroom.
The report is the latest in a series of damning revelations about the police response to the mass shooting, which survivors and politicians have described as cowardly and negligent.

Uvalde has hired a private law firm in an effort to suppress body camera footage and other records surrounding the mass shooting, Motherboard reported last week. In a letter, the city’s private lawyer argued it should be exempted from releasing records in part because they include “highly embarrassing information” and may cause “emotional/mental distress.”
If the footage is embarrassing to the police, tough.
The release may cause further distress to families but they are already distressed.
As many as 19 cops stood in the hallway outside the connecting classrooms while the rampage took place. Police initially said the gunman had locked the door and that they were waiting for keys. However, the source speaking to San Antonio Express-News said that while authorities may have assumed the door was locked—the doors are designed to lock automatically once closed—a malfunction means it may have been open the entire time, but officers didn’t try it.
The source also said the cops had access to a tool called a “halligan” that could have crowbarred a locked door open.
Cowards.

The majority of shoots were fired at 11:37 AM. The timestamp of officers in the hallway is 11:52 or so.

The new video footage isn't helping the Uvalde PD look remotely competent or remotely honest. Dealing with a mass shooting incident can't be easy. However, they did take some pretty picks indicating they had SWAT training. Granted, who knows what that actually consisted of. IE receiving the weapons from Government funding and no actual training or competent (refresher?) training? After all, Uvalde, Texas isn't ever going to have a guy with a semi-automatic weapon killing people. What are the odds? Almost no small town in America ever have that happen (except the few that do).

Hard to tell if they killed the shooter sooner whether anyone's life could have been saved. Certainly the nightmare the children who weren't dead could have ended quicker. The trouble seems to expand for the Uvalde PD when Border Patrol gets there, ready to go, and they are held back.

This is going to be a tragic what did they know, when did they know it, and when did they purposefully conceal or lie about it to the public thing. The tragedy should be the deaths of the children, not the apparent incompetent reaction by the police force.

The tragedy "should be" whatever people find tragic. It doesn't make people insensitive to the deaths of children to ask why the adults in their community failed to protect them. These kids didn't die because of some random natural event, they died because a lot of the people responsible for their care made decisions that got them killed. Some of those people are now doubling down and saying "we will make all those same decisions again. No number of dead children is too many as the price for our 'rights'." And you think we shouldn't find that tragic? It's tragic.

Back
Top Bottom