• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another investigation by the FBI about Clinton emails

none

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
atheist/ignostic
That's right the FBI is investigating again
Trump loves it and the emails haven't been released

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-to-conduct-new-investigation-of-emails-from-clintons-private-server/2016/10/28/0b1e9468-9d31-11e6-9980-50913d68eacb_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_fbi-130pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

The FBI will investigate whether additional classified material is contained in emails sent using Hillary Clinton’s private email server while she was secretary of state, FBI Director James Comey informed congressional leaders Friday.

The announcement appears to restart the FBI’s probe of Clinton’s server, less than two weeks before the presidential election, an explosive development that could shape the campaign’s final days.

In a letter to congressional leaders, Comey said that the FBI had, in connection with an “unrelated case,” recently “learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the Clinton investigation.”

The good news is that I just heard these aren't believed to be Clinton's emails and it's not expected to amount to much as far as the election is concerned. Of course Trump is going to use it and lie about it. The Democrats are really pissed that this information is being put out 11 days before the election. Is this a planned October surprise? The investigation is just beginning. It certainly won't amount to much of anything in the next 11 days. Clinton is about to deplane. Everyone on the news is anxiously awaiting a statement from her and her campaign.

Maybe she should just say "nothing incriminating had been released"

What else are they going to find? Classified emails? They already found those. How would that change the calculus since he already determined she didn't have any specific intent?

SLD

Another investigation into Hillary Clinton? 138th time is the charm, I guess.

This is not to suggest any actual breaches did occur but that she should have followed the correct security procedures that let to this.

Fucking brilliant. You should write to everyone concerned and share this astonishing revelation.

What else are they going to find? Classified emails? They already found those. How would that change the calculus since he already determined she didn't have any specific intent?

SLD

That depends - if there were classified emails that were not turned over as part of the initial dump then that would point to them being in the deleted set of messages.

It's an unrelated investigation. This letter was sent because Comey is a partisan hack.

This is really weird. None of the emails came from Hillary. They were found while investigating Anthony Weiner. They were found on devices of Huma Abedin. It's going to take quite awhile to investigate them, so why was this information released just prior to the election?

This is really weird. None of the emails came from Hillary. They were found while investigating Anthony Weiner. They were found on devices of Huma Abedin. It's going to take quite awhile to investigate them, so why was this information released just prior to the election?

A non-cynical answer would be that this is when the FBI got enough information to open an investigation and they did so without taking partisan political considerations into account one way or the other.

A non-cynical answer would be that this is when the FBI got enough information to open an investigation and they did so without taking partisan political considerations into account one way or the other.

It's also the likely answer. There won't be enough time to investigate the emails and I predict this won't have a 1 percentage point difference in polling or voting.

What I'm wondering though, if the polls were reversed and there was an investigation into Trump would we have calls of partisan hackery? Or would burying the announcement until after the election, and a hypothetical Trump win, be partisan hackery?

My personal take is that governmental agencies shouldn't editorialize and should announce these things as they find them.

Commenting on ongoing investigations is not standard FBI procedure, let alone this close to an election, and with such an easily misinterpreted letter. Comey already showed his hand when with his previous public statement stunt.

And they are probably investigating into the Russian hacks and Trump's former campaign manager Manafort dealings in Russia, but you don't see any statements from them about it.

Commenting on ongoing investigations is not standard FBI procedure, let alone this close to an election, and with such an easily misinterpreted letter. Comey already showed his hand when with his previous public statement stunt.

There is no commenting on an ongoing investigation - what the reporters are picking up on is the FBI announcing the investigation to lawmakers.

So what would you have a non-partizan non-hack do? Investigate secretly without formally announcing to Congress? Bury it until after the election? Something else? And would you want the same action if it were Trump leading and being investigated?

As I just said, it's been reported that they are investigating Manafort and the Russian hacks, but there are no statements like this about it.

It's not like there was anything urgent about this investigation that they had to say anything at all.

There has apparently been a lot of unhappy former and present FBI agents lately...so....there is likely all sorts of pressure on the FBI

Internal Anger At The FBI Over Clinton Investigation Continues To Grow

Feeling the heat from congressional critics, Comey last week argued that the case was investigated by career FBI agents, “So if I blew it, they blew it, too.”

But agents say Comey tied investigators’ hands by agreeing to unheard-of ground rules and other demands by the lawyers for Clinton and her aides that limited their investigation.

“In my 25 years with the bureau, I never had any ground rules in my interviews,” said retired agent Dennis V. Hughes, the first chief of the FBI’s computer investigations unit.

Instead of going to prosecutors and insisting on using grand jury leverage to compel testimony and seize evidence, Comey allowed immunity for several key witnesses, including potential targets.

What’s more, Comey cut a deal to give Clinton a “voluntary” witness interview on a major holiday, and even let her ex-chief of staff sit in on the interview as a lawyer, even though she, too, was under investigation.

Agreed retired FBI agent Michael M. Biasello: “Comey has singlehandedly ruined the reputation of the organization.”

FBI agents say the bureau is alarmed over Director James Comey deciding not to suggest that the Justice Department prosecute Hillary Clinton over her mishandling of classified information.

According to an interview transcript given to The Daily Caller, provided by an intermediary who spoke to two federal agents with the bureau last Friday, agents are frustrated by Comey’s leadership.

“This is a textbook case where a grand jury should have convened but was not. That is appalling,” an FBI special agent who has worked public corruption and criminal cases said of the decision. “We talk about it in the office and don’t know how Comey can keep going.”

As I just said, it's been reported that they are investigating Manafort and the Russian hacks, but there are no statements like this about it.

It's not like there was anything urgent about this investigation that they had to say anything at all.

I think I replied before you added that, but if you look at the actual statement from the FBI it's about as bog standard as you can get:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3198222/Letter.pdf

What statement 'like this' wasn't made about any other FBI investigation? What exactly is so controversial in the text of the letter?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zero Hedge is an English-language financial blog that aggregates news and presents editorial opinions from original and outside sources. The news portion of the site is written by a group of editors who collectively write under the pseudonym "Tyler Durden" (a character from the novel and film Fight Club).

Zero Hedge has been characterized in the media as conspiratorial, anti-establishment and pessimistic,[3] occasionally producing misleading information.[4] Critics have alleged that the site "reliably peddles Russian propaganda".[5]

Later,
ElectEngr

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zero Hedge is an English-language financial blog that aggregates news and presents editorial opinions from original and outside sources. The news portion of the site is written by a group of editors who collectively write under the pseudonym "Tyler Durden" (a character from the novel and film Fight Club).

Zero Hedge has been characterized in the media as conspiratorial, anti-establishment and pessimistic,[3] occasionally producing misleading information.[4] Critics have alleged that the site "reliably peddles Russian propaganda".[5]

Later,
ElectEngr

OMFG!!! Crtics have alleged????
You probably will find stuff there that gives a Russian perspective....but we aren't children...are we?

Surely we are adults and able to sift through and think for ourselves?

Back
Top Bottom