• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another mass shooting - largest in a good while, by a few victims

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

article said:
A gunman opened fire at country music concert in Las Vegas on Sunday night, killing at least 50 people and wounding more than 200 others in the deadliest shooting in modern U.S. history. The suspect, 64-year-old Stephen Paddock, was shot and killed by police.
I have grown so sick of reading about mass shootings. There have been many, for many reasons, with many types of victims. More families ripped apart. The good news, with this being a country music festival, the chances of Trump fucking up a verbal response to this event is something like 5-1, which is really long odds for him.

Teabagger guide to mass shootings:
  1. Head to Matt Drudge website to try and get first peak at identity of shooter
  2. If Shooter is Muslim, blame Islam
  3. If Shooter is Black, blame blacks and reference "law and order", mention Chicago a few times too
  4. If an immigrant, go to town about DACA
  5. If white male, check to see if it is a liberal
  6. If a liberal, mock liberals
  7. If just a white male... mention that the true victim here is the 2nd Amendment and make a passing comment about how "we don't deal with mental health issues well in this nation"

Left-wing guide to mass shootings:
  1. *sigh*
  2. Go online to find out identity of shooter
  3. Hope it is anything but what'll blow the shit out of the right-wing's bunholes.
  4. *sigh* Understand that bringing up gun control is futile, especially after Sandy Hook

ABC reports 400 wounded. I think it's a mistake.

Thoughts and prayers will solve it!

It will change nothing. Shooting six-year-olds in their classroom didn't. I have cousins who spout this "What we need is more guns" line. I've learned not to discuss this issue.

Apparently some people really hate country music.

Or felt threatened and were simply defending themselves.

Trump told the victims, "God bless you." Pathetic. Maybe he heard that someone sneezed.

The victims should have been armed so they could shoot back like in the movies. Certainly in a state with the most lax firearm laws the concert goers must have been heavily armed. Why were they mowed down so easily? Apparently they were not armed well enough.

[

I've already seen comments claiming that he was a Bernie Sanders supporter and blaming it on Liberal Violence(tm).

According to one random poster on social media, it is "confirmed" that he was a Trump voter. :rolleyes: I think I'll just wait and see.

Well, I hate it, but if people want to willingly subject themselves to it, that's fine by me. Just don't subject me to it.

eta: Of course, there are also those saying it's not about guns. To them, I'd say have a look at this link.

Well, I hate it, but if people want to willingly subject themselves to it, that's fine by me. Just don't subject me to it.
I'm with you. I don't like country music either but my dislike only inspires me to change the station. Some people apparently have a more visceral reaction to it. :D

Last edited:
It will change nothing. Shooting six-year-olds in their classroom didn't. I have cousins who spout this "What we need is more guns" line. I've learned not to discuss this issue.

Yes, I've heard this said many times. If the cold-blooded murder of innocent schoolchildren didn't get this country to change our gun laws, then we're beyond help, and the shootings will continue. I'll never understand how Sandy Hook wasn't the point where America collectively got up and said, "Enough is enough!" Families of the slain should sue the fucking NRA for not even allowing sensible gun legislation to move forward.

[

I've already seen comments claiming that he was a Bernie Sanders supporter and blaming it on Liberal Violence(tm).

And if we believe the Raw Story headline, someone on Info Wars has claimed that it's a false flag to start a civil war to overthrow the government. (Raw Story's headlines don't always match the content, but a desire to remain sane prevents me from watching the linked video.)

The great thing is to see that as many people as possible get guns, to defend them against the tyranny of being alive.

Yes, I've heard this said many times. If the cold-blooded murder of innocent schoolchildren didn't get this country to change our gun laws, then we're beyond help, and the shootings will continue. I'll never understand how Sandy Hook wasn't the point where America collectively got up and said, "Enough is enough!" Families of the slain should sue the fucking NRA for not even allowing sensible gun legislation to move forward.

Unspeakably sad. I have to admit to having shameful thoughts after first hearing about it - that the gunman was probably a trumpsucker, and that probably most of his victims were too. I forgive myself for that thought though; at least I didn't immediately assume it was a black guy or a muslim.
We can probably look forward to more and more people indulging in this kind of "2nd amendment solution" to their personal problems, given the social climate change being driven by the heat of this administration's rhetoric,

Back
Top Bottom