• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another traffic stop gone wrong

He was the passenger? I haven't been following the story so I was just assuming he was the driver.

In that case we're just left with being gunned down in the street.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

This is when an idiot who is maybe looking for a payout tries to avoid producing his I.D.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

This is when an idiot who is maybe looking for a payout tries to avoid producing his I.D.

Looks to me like one of these sovereign citizen morons.

A Sandusky police officer appears to have known exactly who he was pulling over last week during a controversial traffic stop many have alleged was unlawful.

Officer Christopher Denny stopped a vehicle around 7 p.m. Oct. 1 in which Andre Stockett, 34, was a passenger. Stockett and girlfriend Kathryn Said, 30, who was the driver, were subsequently charged with obstruction...

Denny believed Stockett was Jeremy Newell, a man wanted on felony warrants, police said, thus justifying why Stockett had to identify himself.

However, while conducting an internal investigation, Sandusky police Chief John Orzech reviewed radio traffic between Denny and dispatchers that appears to reveal Denny clearly knew Stockett was not the wanted man.

In dispatchers' radio traffic, obtained by the Register through a public records request, Denny can be heard asking if “Andre Stockett” had any outstanding warrants just three or four minutes before he stopped Said's car.

“Any papers on Andre Stockett?” Denny is heard saying.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/news/law-enforcement/6234671

A Sandusky police officer appears to have known exactly who he was pulling over last week during a controversial traffic stop many have alleged was unlawful.

Officer Christopher Denny stopped a vehicle around 7 p.m. Oct. 1 in which Andre Stockett, 34, was a passenger. Stockett and girlfriend Kathryn Said, 30, who was the driver, were subsequently charged with obstruction...

Denny believed Stockett was Jeremy Newell, a man wanted on felony warrants, police said, thus justifying why Stockett had to identify himself.

However, while conducting an internal investigation, Sandusky police Chief John Orzech reviewed radio traffic between Denny and dispatchers that appears to reveal Denny clearly knew Stockett was not the wanted man.

In dispatchers' radio traffic, obtained by the Register through a public records request, Denny can be heard asking if “Andre Stockett” had any outstanding warrants just three or four minutes before he stopped Said's car.

Huzzah for honest internal investigations!

So, it looks like this was the stereotypical white cop stopping a black driver. This guy should be fired. He won't, but he should be.

So, it looks like this was the stereotypical white cop stopping a black driver. This guy should be fired. He won't, but he should be.

The union contract will have strong protections against firing. He won't get more than a slap on the wrist.
I wonder if he could possibly be brought up on Civil Right charges.

The union contract will have strong protections against firing. He won't get more than a slap on the wrist.
The union will defend him, but if he has a history of bad blood with his coworkers, he will get a passive defense.

It will be up to the victim to try to pursue those kind of avenues. He seems like the type that will fight hard for justice in this case, so I don't expect this to just go away quietly and be swept under a rug. Other than the racism element, it seems like a blatant abuse of power that an officer can retaliate for what he deems to be uncooperative behavior. As long as that uncooperative behavior is not illegal, any cop who retaliates clearly has a bully mentality that is very dangerous to have in an officer of the law.

It will be up to the victim to try to pursue those kind of avenues. He seems like the type that will fight hard for justice in this case, so I don't expect this to just go away quietly and be swept under a rug. Other than the racism element, it seems like a blatant abuse of power that an officer can retaliate for what he deems to be uncooperative behavior. As long as that uncooperative behavior is not illegal, any cop who retaliates clearly has a bully mentality that is very dangerous to have in an officer of the law.
It is extremely disturbing. One thing was certain, the passenger was right about the officer.

Up until this I was kinda thinking that Stockett was a grade A asshole, but it seems I was wrong.

I could easily understand the cop (except for the cops quite assholy behaviour, lying and child services wtf??) when the suspect and Stockett looked that much alike (its his lost twin if you ask me), and saw him when stopping the car because of the plate... but now it kind of seems obvious that the cop didn't really think it was him... what an asshole, what was his motive for this shit anyway?

edit: wonder who trained this guy... probably the whole police force is infested like this... nah, cant be, cops are the good guys...

Looks like plenty of blame for both sides here.

The cops are out of line but he started it.

Want the cops to treat you properly? Don't start shit!

We all were waiting for YOU to weigh in on this one, Loren. One thing about you....you are reliably against anybody who might be an underdog.

The cops were way out of line but you say "He started it." Which is it, Loren? Do you owe anybody your ID if you are merely in public and not driving or not doing something that requires licensing. At last count, riding in a car is not one of those things.

Why didn't the officer merely return the license to the woman even if they suspected the guy...or, if they had all that much reason to suspect him, show him a picture of the guy who looked like him. It was clearly a case of racial profiling and those cops deserve a note in their file. The cops have to stop starting shit that Loren would not tolerate too well either, I suspect.:thinking:

When you add a new requirement to being alive..."obedience to every cop's order whether it is lawful or not" you are setting up a situation in which the cops get more and more careless about human rights and more and more authoritarian.

I agree the guy should have shown the cop some ID and I probably would have, knowing as the guy did there were no warrants out for me. But it is every citizen's prerogative to demand the cop's actions were legal and they clearly were not.

In the event the guy was a serious offender, it would still have made sense to let him go and wait to get the woman and baby a little more separated from him before taking custody of him. It was just a couple of bad ass cops flexing their authoritarian muscles.

Also did anybody notice the cop's story kept changing?

Back
Top Bottom