• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another traffic stop gone wrong

Bully police. Watching videos like this makes me fantasize about being alone in a room with that cop, only he's not the one with weapons.

Interesting, obstructing a baseless search? Granted, we don't have footage of the initial encounter. It is possible the guy may have said something that was a hint that the vehicle did have something illegal in it. But the stop seems invalid as they were only allegedly checking the validity of the driver license... which is an odd thing to pull someone (who isn't black) over for. The officer should have never left his vehicle until he had backup, if he felt backup was necessary. It does seem odd they'd suspect drugs just after getting a license.

Officer 1: Yeah, I need backup. I pulled over a car and the people in it are agitated.
Officer 2: They probably have drugs.
Officer 1: Copy, that is what I thought too. People usually love being pulled over by the cops.
Officer 2: They black?
Officer 1: Yes.
Officer 2: Copy, we'll send in the Marines just to be sure.

One problem I do see here is that he is trying to have a discussion through a closed window. That is not helping the situation.

Cue Loren to defend the cops in 3... 2...

Well, of course. Loren is a libertarian, which means his life goal is to protect us from the state exerting too much power over the people. As a champion of small government, he is doing everything possible to make us all more free by defending any and all acts of brutality by the state. Because unlike us, he's not a statist.

Did a search and I can not find any charges filed for any Stocketts on the Sandusky County Court page.

Well, of course. Loren is a libertarian, which means his life goal is to protect us from the state exerting too much power over the people. As a champion of small government, he is doing everything possible to make us all more free by defending any and all acts of brutality by the state. Because unlike us, he's not a statist.
He isn't a statist, he just thinks that the Police rarely ever make a bad call, forget about acting like bullies.

This is how jailhouse lawyers are born. They start out as sidewalk lawyers. When a real lawyer gets involved in this case, it will all go away, but it costs the cops nothing to do this kind of thing. It's very expensive for the civilian.

I dont get it. To me it was simply that the police recognized a person they sought for. To me its obvious obttusion.

I dont get it. To me it was simply that the police recognized a person they sought for. To me its obvious obttusion.
The Sandusky County website doesn't bring up a single charge on the guy ever.

Well, the brown man did have a tone in his voice. Everyone knows you should't take a tone with the police. If you do, you get what you deserve.
That was a cracker. Didn't you see his hand at around 6:21 in?

So the question is, where did you get the idea he was brown? The tone of his voice? How he avoided giving the cop his ID? How he was uncooperative and acted like the cop was an enemy, instead of a friend?

OR did you read other articles?

Cops are the enemy. They are not your friends.

:cheeky:

I like how they guy refuses to give the cop his name even though they are looking for someone who looks similar with felony warrants.

Obviously the guy with felony warrants would tell the cops his name, act cooperative, etc..

The Sandusky County website doesn't bring up a single charge on the guy ever.

Why would it?

He acted like yerk. That would make anyone suspisious....
How he acted prior to the video started is unknown. There is no evidence to support any position. It is possible that he made matters worse, but things were at a point right when the officer pulled them over that he didn't think much of any trouble because he didn't wait for back up before approaching. And as far as we can tell, not even a citation was given to the driver. Begging the question, why were they even pulled over? (I am presuming the driver and passenger have the same last name).

While his demeanor on the video could have been better, he never really got too riled up. Wasn't cursing and swearing at the Police officers. He was probably upset though, that he was having his car searched for drugs. I know I wouldn't have liked that.

Well, the brown man did have a tone in his voice. Everyone knows you should't take a tone with the police. If you do, you get what you deserve.
That was a cracker. Didn't you see his hand at around 6:21 in?

So the question is, where did you get the idea he was brown? The tone of his voice? How he avoided giving the cop his ID? How he was uncooperative and acted like the cop was an enemy, instead of a friend?

Talk about assumptions! :slowclap:

OR did you read other articles?
Yes, and here's one with a picture: http://sotomayortv.com/fromtrafficstoptodruginvestigation/

This is true, which is the best reason to not give a cop a reason to think you are his enemy. If a person has the time for this kind of nonsense and the money for a lawyer to get you out of this kind of nonsense, the smart thing to do is get out of the car and follow instructions.

This is true, which is the best reason to not give a cop a reason to think you are his enemy. If a person has the time for this kind of nonsense and the money for a lawyer to get you out of this kind of nonsense, the smart thing to do is get out of the car and follow instructions.

Except that is exactly what Levar Jones did in South Carolina, and he got shot anyway.

Except that is exactly what Levar Jones did in South Carolina, and he got shot anyway.

You win some and you lose some.

Back
Top Bottom