• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Anti-CRT Hysteria

I better not see Bomb Hashtag 30 talk bout some old "don't blame me for what people did in the past" all while being ok with similar rubbish being done now.
My guess would be "they're not OK with it" but when asked "so what did you do as a result of your not-ok-ness," the answer has always been *crickets*.

Of course the common tactic of the right is to design a law, position, or argument that will simultaneously accomplish a really fucked up goal, while being able to claim it's ostensibly to redress some imaginary thing that sounds scary, and is similar enough to a real problem for idiots to confuse the two.

I'm waiting for evidence of CRT being a part of the public school curriculum from Kindergarten to 12th grade before I start ... whether its Marxist or not. That's just me.
Then why do you care about CRT at all? Why aren't you equally waiting for evidence of CRT being a part of the public school curriculum before you start posting in a CRT thread? What makes its potential Marxistness different from anything else about it?

I care because Republican law makers are making laws that are effecting everyone to prevent something that didn't happen to anyone.
How are their laws affecting everyone? Are they prohibiting CRT, and if so are the courts mistaking something else for CRT? Or are they prohibiting something other than CRT?
Are you asking to become educated about the effects of these laws or are you implicitly suggesting they have no effect? If it is the latter, why on earth do you care about anyone complaining about nothing?

I'm waiting for evidence of CRT being a part of the public school curriculum from Kindergarten to 12th grade before I start ... whether its Marxist or not. That's just me.
Then why do you care about CRT at all? Why aren't you equally waiting for evidence of CRT being a part of the public school curriculum before you start posting in a CRT thread? What makes its potential Marxistness different from anything else about it?

I care because Republican law makers are making laws that are effecting everyone to prevent something that didn't happen to anyone.
How are their laws affecting everyone? Are they prohibiting CRT, and if so are the courts mistaking something else for CRT? Or are they prohibiting something other than CRT?
I mean, what is wrong with politicians passing legislation to protect us from something that doesn't exist, that they say exists. That isn't remotely Orwellian.
So is there agreement that schools should not segregate students in racial "affnity groups" and that the color of student's skin should not be a focus of education?

I mean, what is wrong with politicians passing legislation to protect us from something that doesn't exist, that they say exists. That isn't remotely Orwellian.
So is there agreement that schools should not segregate students in racial "affnity groups" and that the color of student's skin should not be a focus of education?
We are talking about CRT, a Law School level subject of education. I have no idea what the heck you are trying to try and juxtaposition with CRT.

We are talking about CRT, a Law School level subject of education. I have no idea what the heck you are trying to try and juxtaposition with CRT.
My dude, can we agree that segregating students by race and treating children based on their skin color is wrong? Don't care what you want to call it; can we agree it is wrong?

I don't think they're stupid.

You don’t think the stupidest 10-15 of the electorate is stupid? Compared to what?
I expect some people are just hopelessly lost, and were always going to be. I accept that. Still, this is endemic to the human genome, yet we don't see this as a rule across the population. It can be mitigated and instead of "stupid" express as other more productive concepts nearby to it.

I expect some people are just hopelessly lost
Yeah, there are people who spout that men can get pregnant. Lots of stupid in the world.
Oh, I have yet to see you define "man". Are we back to that? There's a thread for it. But here you are on your hobby horse.

My dude, can we agree that segregating students by race and treating children based on their skin color is wrong? Don't care what you want to call it; can we agree it is wrong?
So you've got nothing.

So you've got nothing.
So you favor racial discrimination in schools? M'kay.

How America got to the point where schools are no longer segregated and you still have this question is beyond me.

Do you have an example of this or is this another "CRT in Kindergarten" type thing?

There are stupid but talented people of many stripes. In fact we all qualify, in our own way. But I’m talking about 10-15% of people - many not of malicious intent - who are the most easily manipulated by influences such as SM echo chambers, charlatans and conspiracy peddlers. I posit that they are as unified a voting bloc as exists, and that without them the Republican Party would be totally irrelevant.
And yeah, so what. It is what it is. They can sell a painted pig like Trump to them, but most won’t turn out without such a flamboyant Star to focus their attention. Even with the electoral college, the hill gets steeper and steeper, making their Stoopids of ever greater importance.

Do you have an example of this or is this another "CRT in Kindergarten" type thing?
It's a quick internet search.

Oh, I have read about them. The memberships are completely voluntary. Like the computer club or robotics club.

My favorite people regarding criticism of schools over CRT and the like are those that are more than five Kevin Bacon's away from any actual exposure to what happens at schools.

They claim they are prohibiting CRT, but they write laws vague enough that it's clear that it's really about prohibiting teaching the unpleasant bits of history.

They claim they are prohibiting CRT, but they write laws vague enough that it's clear that it's really about prohibiting teaching the unpleasant bits of history.
*Alarm bells ringing*

"OH No; It's the quiet part out loud again! Start the Spin Machines!"

Back
Top Bottom