• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Are atheists "Scrooges" by ruining all the fun of religious faith?

When somebody once said god bless you I replied 'Which one?'.

Gesundheit works for me. I thought everyone had heard that after sneezing but one person took offense, a person I know to be religiously preachy. So I told them it was German for "god bless you," which it isn't but the ruse worked.

Having lived in the Bible Belt for most of my adult life, these Christian based expressions don't even bother me anymore. They are simply part of the local culture, regardless of how they originated. So, ya'll have a blessed day. :rotfl: I guess I haven't sneezed in public in so long, that I haven't received the sneeze blessing in years, but I do get the have a blessed day on a regular basis. The intentions are what matter to me, not the words. That is of course, as long as they don't try to "save" me. That's going a bit too far and luckily it rarely happens

Most atheist believe in something more. It just matches observation better. At least far better than a deity or no god or gods of any type anyway. To me that is.

So if commonsense makes us Scrooged ... then bring on the ghost of hot girls.

Back
Top Bottom