• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Gnostic Christian & esoteric ecumenist
Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

I think the answer is is quite important as it would show us the cause/source of homosexuality.

If God, as believers think, then why is God creating gays?

Regards
DL

Are obsessive hateful personalities nature, nurture,or a combination of both? The result of unresolved festering personal emotional trauma?

The short abswer for conservative Christians is homosexuality is a choice.

Are obsessive hateful personalities nature, nurture,or a combination of both? The result of unresolved festering personal emotional trauma?

I do not recall choosing not to be gay.

When did you choose if you wanted to be gay or straight?

Regards
DL

Because God has no problem with any of her children.
Not even the rapists and mass murderers?

Regards
DL
She made them just the same as you or me. When you look out at the universe, do you see the hand of a Creator who eschews rape and violence? If so, I wonder which natural world you are observing, as it is clearly not the biosphere of this planet.

I do not recall choosing not to be gay.

When did you choose if you wanted to be gay or straight?

Regards
DL
To conservative Chrtians it is a moral choice. Personbaly I beluve there are no straight lines in nature no pun ntnded. Humans have characteristics that fall into a distribution. Voices of heterp male and female vices run for masculine to feminine.

From shows that interview gay kids it seems clear at a young age kids can know they are gay.

I expect there are people who choose to be gay.

The forum is religion not science.

Jesus clearly says marrigae is a man and woman. If you claim to be a Christian do yiu ignore that and Jewish tradution?

People make Jesus into whatever they need. Conservatives see a loving but wrathful god/Jesus and they act that out. Modern liberal Christians crafted a Jesus who approves of gays. Religion always fills a need.

The conservative narrative is god did not create gays, gays are not natural and are evil. That would be a topic for science, I do not know current science on the topic of sexuality.

Jesus was over 30 and single and hung around with 12 guys who adored him. Was Jesus gay? I rember a book from the 70s claming Jesus was gay. Was Jesus a closet gay?

Regards
DL
She made them just the same as you or me. When you look out at the universe, do you see the hand of a Creator who eschews rape and violence? If so, I wonder which natural world you are observing, as it is clearly not the biosphere of this planet.
Do you think rape and mass murderers are intentionally created?

Seems like you think she wanted women raped.

Regards
DL

Jesus clearly says marrigae is a man and woman. If you claim to be a Christian do yiu ignore that and Jewish tradution?
Get the quote please. I do not recall reading that.

The Jesus I follow puts love above sex and gender.

Dysfunctional people put sex and gender above love.

Those "parents" --- are not worthy of that label.

Regards
DL

Google is your friend. He reinforced Mosaci law on divorce and marriage. He laso lumps fornication along with serious crimes.

I weoud think a devotee of Jesus would know the gospels, not just selective self serving passages like those hypocritical evil genocidal Christians do...

Google is your friend. He reinforced Mosaci law on divorce and marriage. He laso lumps fornication along with serious crimes.

I weoud think a devotee of Jesus would know the gospels, not just selective self serving passages like those hypocritical evil genocidal Christians do...
They have to do that because there is more than one Jesus in the bible.

There is the Roman Jesus who wants to slave us to Rome and religions, and there is the Gnostic Christian Jesus who wants to free us all from those.

You will know them by their intent.

Here are a couple from the Gnostic Jesus that you will never see a Christian quote.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.
Alan Watts - On The Book of Eli - YouTube

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.
On Becoming an Adult - YouTube

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Gnosis enlightens adults.

Regards
DL

So no quote.

My memory served me well.

I think you were thinking of where Jesus argued divorce with the Jews and confirmed his no divorce for women policy, which is quite immoral.

[removed]

Ok, ok, let me call it a miss-quote, as I try to keep my bully side in check.

Regards
DL

Last edited by a moderator:

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
I don't know what God wants, but what God created, if she created anything, is the world you see around you. What conclusions do you draw? If there is a God, I believe that she loves her children. But this world is no paradise.

Typical hypocritical Christian hand waving when faced with a scriptural moral conflict.

That's the problem with Christian biblical theology, it just does not fit in modern society, beyond the genralities of being good to your neighbor and so on, But those things are just basic common social civility.

Liberal Christians just ignore the sexuality issues in the bible, and that is no issue for me. It is a choice for them.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
I don't know what God wants, but what God created, if she created anything, is the world you see around you. What conclusions do you draw? If there is a God, I believe that she loves her children. But this world is no paradise.
You do not know how to look at the world.

Intellectually and actually, it is the best it can be, given our history.

The Gnostic Christian reality.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.

[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Do you see the truth in this?

Regards
DL

Typical hypocritical Christian hand waving when faced with a scriptural moral conflict.

That's the problem with Christian biblical theology, it just does not fit in modern society, beyond the genralities of being good to your neighbor and so on, But those things are just basic common social civility.

Liberal Christians just ignore the sexuality issues in the bible, and that is no issue for me. It is a choice for them.

Try to separate the right and left wings.

The left looks a lot like an Atheist Church looks like.

The right are the loony ones.

As to your first.

Poor communication that only you know what you are talking about.

That speaks to your lack of thought more than anything else.

Regards
DL

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL
So the best of all possible worlds is one in which children are routinely raped by their carers, by your logic?

"Given all the conditions at hand". Who created those conditions, and why?

Candide.

Regards
DL
So the best of all possible worlds is one in which children are routinely raped by their carers, by your logic?

"Given all the conditions at hand". Who created those conditions, and why?
We did till this point in time.

Backtracking to change anything is impossible, hence the logic and truth in my original rendering.

To your first..

You cannot possibly be that stupid.

Go away you piece of metal garbage, for trying to put your mental shit into my mind.

Regards
DL

Gnostic never passes up a chance to get up on a soap box and preach the goispel according to Gnostic. Just like Enagelcals. Its like a continuous tape loop.

Back
Top Bottom