• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

At what margin of electoral defeat will Trump be forced to admit defeat?

To do something like that would take a huge dose of stupidity, something Trumpo has in great volume, but also a dose of courage, something Trumpo completely lacks. So don't be waiting for Little Donny Diaper Boy to make a stand. Diaper Boy doesn't believe his rhetoric anyway, he's only milking his sycophants.

According to the story and his niece, he really does believe he won. Not to mention Rudy Giuliani telling him he won (while he's make $20K per day to fight for Trump's delusion).

This was also in the article:

"To be perfectly clear about this, Trump 100 percent will leave the White House on Inauguration Day, if not well before," Jonathan Chait writes at New York. "Even the scholars who expressed the deepest fears of Trump's intentions to undermine the system did not put credence in the possibility he could defy the outcome by simply refusing to leave. Squatting is not one of the tools in his authoritarian tool kit." But the fact that Trump thinks that's even a viable option suggests he's "engaged in more than a scheme to grift his supporters," Chait says. He's "drinking his own poisoned Kool-Aid."

What Little Donny is saying and what Little Donny is doing are two different things. Money has always been more valuable than Little Donny's ego, and he's busy collecting big money.

Always watch what the clown does, that's why clowns typically don't speak. In Trumpo's case his mouth just makes noise while he pockets the money.

Trump has reportedly been convinced he actually won, tells advisers he may not vacate the White House

President Trump was privately coming to terms with his loss to President-elect Joe Biden, but he "has now reversed and dug in deeper — not only spreading misinformation about the election, but ingesting it himself," CNN reports, "egged on by advisers like Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis who are misleading Trump about the extent of voting irregularities and the prospects of a reversal." One adviser told CNN, "He's been fed so much misinformation that I think he actually thinks this thing was stolen from him."

Even the Electoral College formalizing Biden's win "did not appear enough to shake Trump from his delusions of victory," CNN says, "but it is adding urgency to a push by several of his advisers to gently steer Trump toward reality." Discussions of Trump's post-presidency future tend to go nowhere because Trump "all but shuts down," CNN reports. "In his moments of deepest denial, Trump has told some advisers that he will refuse to leave the White House on Inauguration Day, only to be walked down from that ledge. The possibility has alarmed some aides, but few believe Trump will actually follow through."

To do something like that would take a huge dose of stupidity, something Trumpo has in great volume, but also a dose of courage, something Trumpo completely lacks. So don't be waiting for Little Donny Diaper Boy to make a stand. Diaper Boy doesn't believe his rhetoric anyway, he's only milking his sycophants.

No, as I think I saw his niece being quoted somewhere, he's reached the stage of gaslightling himself, with the help of his enablers like Rudy and Ms. Ellis, who are raking in the dough too, as long as he "keeps fighting". It's like the inaugural crowds way back when: what Donny Boy wants to be true, just has to be true , it just has to be.

This thread might need bumping.

There is an electoral defeat, but there's still a remaining process.

And you see what happened.

We might get a 25th amendment issuance and a padded room for Twitler.

In which case, the answer is no margin of defeat will cause him to admit it.

bumpety bump

So I'm wondering if anyone here thinks there is any possibility of a peaceful transfer of power in January, and if so, what factors would lead to that outcome.

I'm sorry, but is this a joke?

Let's say Trump loses the election. What is it, exactly, that you imagine he will do? Carry on and bluster that he was robbed? Sure. Do you think he will be let into the White House after Biden is sworn in? No, he won't.

Do you think Trump is going to raise a private army? This kind of delusionista fearmongering makes me sad about the absolute lack of faith some Americans seem to have in their own institutions.

I can see this thread is another in the long line of masturbatory fantasies about Trump attempting to become a dictator.

I suggest, Elixir, you ask a screenwriter to come up with the bones of a narrative for what Trump's "non-peaceful" transfer of power might entail. You clearly are incapable of imagining it or describing it. You've assumed a "peaceful transfer" is impossible but have no idea what a non-peaceful transfer looks like.

And I wonder why we haven't seen Jason since the 6th?

bumpety bump

Yeah, thanks.

Metaphor said:
Do you think Trump is going to raise a private army?

You mean ANOTHER private army, now that his ragtag mob of morons failed in its mission to overthrow our government?
... well ... maybe, if he can. We will have to wait and see unless you have "inside" information.

You've assumed a "peaceful transfer" is impossible but have no idea what a non-peaceful transfer looks like.

Lol... I think EVERYONE (except possibly you) knows now. FWIW it looked almost exactly like I thought and predicted it would. You were dead wrong again.

Are you still harboring masturbatory fantasies about Trump being re-elected? Are you out there helping to spread The Big Lie?

Personal calls to the SoS of GA, face to face meetings with State Legislator leaders for multiple states. Trump tried every conceivable means to steal this election, almost all in broad daylight!

bumpety bump

I can see this thread is another in the long line of masturbatory fantasies about Trump attempting to become a dictator.

I suggest, Elixir, you ask a screenwriter to come up with the bones of a narrative for what Trump's "non-peaceful" transfer of power might entail. You clearly are incapable of imagining it or describing it. You've assumed a "peaceful transfer" is impossible but have no idea what a non-peaceful transfer looks like.

Says he logged in yesterday, so don't get your hopes up just yet.

bumpety bump

Says he logged in yesterday, so don't get your hopes up just yet.

Aw. It must be tough. He could simply do what Meta is doing, and issue flurries of posts on subjects that do NOT highlight his stupidity...

Gee whiz meta - don't you read the newspapers? Even your puppeteer, Rupert, knows better.

Gee whiz meta - don't you read the newspapers? Even your puppeteer, Rupert, knows better.

I have to say that you nailed (predicted) this one!

more like Elixir "canceled" Metaphor.

It's February and he's quoting a post from August, about something that happened in January. Meta was grotesquely wrong in August and Elixir was prophetically right, but one cannot assume Meta holds the same ridiculously and embarrassingly wrong views now as Meta held then. He is most likely just not interested in admitting to being wrong.
It's also possible he's in jail right now for Trespassing on Federal Property and simply unavailable to reply.

It's February and he's quoting a post from August, about something that happened in January. Meta was grotesquely wrong in August and Elixir was prophetically right, but one cannot assume Meta holds the same ridiculously and embarrassingly wrong views now as Meta held then. He is most likely just not interested in admitting to being wrong.
It's also possible he's in jail right now for Trespassing on Federal Property and simply unavailable to reply.

To be fair, it's kinda hard for Metaphor to have been involved as he's literally on the opposite side of the planet from DC... Then, that leads into begging the question of why he cares so goddamn much..

I don't want to cancel anyone! The main reason I brought up this old news, is that Meta has NOT acknowledged the truth.
I find that unsurprising - almost typical for today's right wingers.
They take their example for Trump and his ilk, whose MO includes NEVER admitting you were wrong, or you lost, or you lied.
The fact is that we are all wrong sometimes, we all lose sometimes, and we all lie sometimes. More honest people admit to that.

To be fair, it's kinda hard for Metaphor to have been involved as he's literally on the opposite side of the planet from DC... Then, that leads into begging the question of why he cares so goddamn much..

Rupert Murdoch

I don't want to cancel anyone! The main reason I brought up this old news, is that Meta has NOT acknowledged the truth.
They take their example for Trump and his ilk, whose MO includes NEVER admitting you were wrong, or you lost, or you lied.
The fact is that we are all wrong sometimes, we all lose sometimes, and we all lie sometimes. More honest people admit to that.

If this was boxing and Meta my fighter I'd be throwing in the towel. In other words, I feel like there is a certain level of inappropriateness about this thread regardless of how well it seasoned my popcorn.

If this was boxing and Meta my fighter I'd be throwing in the towel. In other words, I feel like there is a certain level of inappropriateness about this thread regardless of how well it seasoned my popcorn.

I agree about analogy to inappropriate boxing match. It's like instead people admitting they were wrong, they tried to bite Joe Biden's ear off. Figuratively. You should definitely throw in the towel. Who wants to eat popcorn while witnessing the horrific lack of appropriate points and twisted contortions of non sequiturs.

Back
Top Bottom