• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

atheists in war

no, atheists cant win war with believers because atheists afraid to die in war

What you fail to realize is that even if that were true: it doesn't matter.

It USED to be true that in order to win a war you needed people willing to die in war. That hasn't been true in a long time, however. Being willing to die in war is meaningless when your enemy has high-altitude stealth bombers that can flatten entire mountains. Modern wars are won by 1) having superior technology, 2) having an unbroken chain of supply, 3) have sea/air superiority. Whether or not individual soldiers are willing to die or not is almost entirely irrelevant.

you should try that with russia

if you fight with you equal power atheist will run away

[
all i can say west run away without any satisfaction

There is much more you could say, but we both know you will not.

whole world knows every thing nothing is hidden

- - - Updated - - -

west have nothing to show what they WIN in iraq nor in afghanistan
But that's politics, Syed, and mostly Christain-flavored.
What the fuck does that have to do with this thread?

nothing just chating

Syed, you seem to be mistaken about the goals of the war in Afghanistan and Iraq. The US did not go to war to conquer those countries. The goal of the war was to kill thousands of people, destroy property and disrupt their lives permanently. Having done that, we left, leaving them in the hellhole we created.

If you want to gloat over a pile of smoking rubble, that is your privilege. All that "will to die" was their greatest weakness and we turned it on them.
so why west STILL unhappy about outcome of war?

war in iraq and afghanistan help muslims to wake-up and throw dictators

beside death is NOT evil itself we ALL going to die

Who said the west is unhappy about the outcome of the war? Now Muslims are killing Muslims and we are out of it. You have to remember the motto of the US Military, "We will fuck up your shit." Once that is accomplished, we go home.

my calculation tell me that west are loser in this war , i know west killed too many muslims but death is NOT evil

killing is evil but death is good

you should try that with russia

if you fight with you equal power atheist will run away
<edit>
I've never been in combat, but i have feared for my life a few times. A few fires, some flooding, an unanticipated depth excursion to the point where the hull warped....
Each and every time, my biggest concern was getting my procedures correct.

Ever watch Ice Station Zebra? The one kid that starts praying during the flooding AND depth excursion? The CO tells him to be quiet, they're working. That's mostly what we did.

Sure, they invoked their personal gods AFTER the casualty. Lots of 'God DAMN i don't wanna do that again."
And the atheists and agnostics said 'THAT was fucking fun!' a lot. No gods, but lots of emotion.

Still, the conditioning held in the face of, at some points, pretty convincing death.

You do not know what you're taking about.

As usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
my calculation tell me that west are loser in this war ,
Yeah, but YOUR calculations tell you that people who use drones are terrorists. And that somehow means that you don't win wars... By killing the enemy and denying him a chance to shoot back at you...

Again, Russia vs Nazi Germany. Vietnam vs U.S. and France.

russia did not fought ALONE with nazis

america and france fought unjust war with vietnam therefore did not have faith in god

Vietnamese and Russians fought bravely and effectively.

Adolf Hirler, Table Talk
It is said that every man needs a refuge where he can find consolation and help in unhappiness. I do not believe it! If humanity follows that path, it is solely a matter of tradition and habit. That is a lesson, by the way, that can be drawn from the Bolshevik front. The Russians have no God, and that does not prevent them from being able to face death.

[

my calculation tell me that west are loser in this war , i know west killed too many muslims but death is NOT evil

Muslims kill more Muslims than the west ever has.

america and france fought unjust war with vietnam therefore did not have faith in god

Adolf Hirler, Table Talk
It is said that every man needs a refuge where he can find consolation and help in unhappiness. I do not believe it! If humanity follows that path, it is solely a matter of tradition and habit. That is a lesson, by the way, that can be drawn from the Bolshevik front. The Russians have no God, and that does not prevent them from being able to face death.

look my point is believer have some reason not to fear death compare to atheists, fear of death is NATURAL for ALL living creature,
atheists have no reason NOT to fear death

[

but you said west went to war to kill them

the conflict in iraq between sunni and shia created by american for their advantage in war

look my point is believer have some reason not to fear death compare to atheists, fear of death is NATURAL for ALL living creature,

Just because atheists fear death doesn't mean that believers don't ALSO fear death; just because some (but hardly anything approaching a majority) are delusional enough to believe god will send them to heaven instead of hell doesn't mean they don't fear death all the same. Nor does it mean that atheists won't risk their lives in war. In fact, in the US atheists join the military at much higher rates than believers do. 21% of the US military is atheists, while they only make up less than 10% of the total population of the country. This would indicate that atheists are in fact braver than their christian counterparts.

Now, all you have to do is find some reason to think that a willingness to die enhances success in combat.
Rather than just makes it that much easier for the enemy to shoot you from behind cover.
Or from Southern California with drones.

Jesus Christ on Broadway. I just read this thread and can't get an image out of my head: masses of white robed warriors running across the desert doing that Arabic war cry that sounds like 'Li-li-li-li-li-li-li-li-li-li!!!!!'

but you said west went to war to kill them

the conflict in iraq between sunni and shia created by american for their advantage in war

Are Muslims that easy to manipulate? Do they do the bidding of the US government?

Make up your mind. Looks like we got what we wanted, doesn't it.

Again, Russia vs Nazi Germany. Vietnam vs U.S. and France.

Ignoring the absurdity of this silly argument of yours. Communist (aka atheist) China and Russia fought the Christian US to a stand still in the Korean war, essentially winning the conflict. Can't wait for the usual twisted explanation to make the data fit your "argument"...mash the square peg thru the round hole, just need a bigger mallet...

Can't wait for the usual twisted explanation to make the data fit your "argument"...
Three options exist in the patented Syed response:
1. Make up a rationalization.
2. Take that claim as branching off point for an unrelated tangent ("US motherland not threaten by korea war so didn't sending their real troops, just drafted").
3. Pretend that your post does not exist and continue blithely (Which includes quoting your post and just repeating his initial claim).

Jesus Christ on Broadway. I just read this thread and can't get an image out of my head: masses of white robed warriors running across the desert doing that Arabic war cry that sounds like 'Li-li-li-li-li-li-li-li-li-li!!!!!'

There's a name for something like that: Targets! But Modern Muslims never fight any Westerner who can fight back. And tell them the enemy are Israelis, and they take their shoes off to run away faster.

Eldarion Lathria

y

Adolf Hirler, Table Talk

look my point is believer have some reason not to fear death compare to atheists, fear of death is NATURAL for ALL living creature, atheists have no reason NOT to fear death

You're simply wrong as proven by the examples we have posted here to you.

Adolf Hirler, Table Talk

You obviously don't know any atheists,
I'm not looking forward to dying but certainly don't fear it,,and none of the atheists I know fear death neither,death is natural and inevitable so why worry about it,
And there's always the possibility of reincarnation,so you religious beliefs have no advantages at all..

Back
Top Bottom