• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Attention: "alt right" is no longer politically correct

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
We had to stop calling them white nationalists, white supremacists, fascists, Nazis, etc and start calling them "alt right."

Well now alt right isn't they politically correct term for them anymore.

Henceforth, they now want you to use three term "identitarianism." No, seriously, that's the word you need to use now in order to avoid triggering the kind of people who use phrases like "social justice warrior" or "political correctness."

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch...ants-ditch-alt-right-identitarianism—-another

Is anyone else getting sick of dancing on eggshells around these fragile little flowers?

I happen to agree. The term alt right implies that they're an alternate version of the right as opposed to the general default of the right.

Their philosophies are what the right wing is about, so they're not some kind of alternate position.

We had to stop calling them white nationalists, white supremacists, fascists, Nazis, etc and start calling them "alt right."

You didn't have to stop calling them those things and you didn't stop calling them those things. Nor do many of them call themselves alt-right.

Alt-right started as an internet troll term and then became mostly a label used to lump anybody who called for free speech and opposed the regressive left, including those on the progressive left, with the white supremacists, fascists, Nazis, etc. Lumping people together prejudging them based on that grouping..... Used to be something liberals objected to. That appears to be changing.

Henceforth, they now want you to use three term "identitarianism." No, seriously, that's the word you need to use now in order to avoid triggering the kind of people who use phrases like "social justice warrior" or "political correctness."

Why would you allow anyone to tell you what you mist call them? And why would you take this guy or this group he is with as representative of everybody who uses words like "political correctness" and "social justice warrior"? You seem to be violating some very basic principles of liberalism there.

Alt-right started as an internet troll term...
No it did not. I remember the expression being introduced the same way the Wikipedia tells it:

White supremacist Richard Spencer initially promoted the term in 2010 in reference to a movement centered on white nationalism and did so, according to the Associated Press, to disguise overt racism, white supremacism, neo-fascism and neo-Nazism.
Link

Does anyone think for a moment that Richard Spencer intended it to be a troll term?

Ignorant xenophobia and racism is ignorant xenophobia and racism.

It doesn't matter what you call it.

A nation that ignores this cancer does it at it's own peril.

Alt-right started as an internet troll term...
No it did not. I remember the expression being introduced the same way the Wikipedia tells it:

White supremacist Richard Spencer initially promoted the term in 2010 in reference to a movement centered on white nationalism and did so, according to the Associated Press, to disguise overt racism, white supremacism, neo-fascism and neo-Nazism.
Link

Does anyone think for a moment that Richard Spencer intended it to be a troll term?

Sure and his hail victory comments at the beginning of all of this were "Just a joke" :rolleyes:

Ignorant xenophobia and racism is ignorant xenophobia and racism.

It doesn't matter what you call it.

A nation that ignores this cancer does it at it's own peril.

Exactly. Call it what it is and don't water it down.

If everyone that says "politically correct" is a racist white supremacist then "racist white supremacist" loses its actual meaning.

I happen to agree. The term alt right implies that they're an alternate version of the right as opposed to the general default of the right.

Their philosophies are what the right wing is about, so they're not some kind of alternate position.

Ana Novarro.

I can't think of any other non-fascist conservatives off the top of my head, but there exists at least one.

You didn't have to stop calling them those things and you didn't stop calling them those things. Nor do many of them call themselves alt-right.

Alt-right started as an internet troll term and then became mostly a label used to lump anybody who called for free speech and opposed the regressive left, including those on the progressive left, with the white supremacists, fascists, Nazis, etc. Lumping people together prejudging them based on that grouping..... Used to be something liberals objected to. That appears to be changing.
So nice to have an actual alt right identitarian here to clear that up. So the term "alt right" was actually a term used by liberals to persecute you and hurt your feewings? However did you endure all that oppression?

Why would you allow anyone to tell you what you mist call them? And why would you take this guy or this group he is with as representative of everybody who uses words like "political correctness" and "social justice warrior"? You seem to be violating some very basic principles of liberalism there.
Well, in the case of marginalized groups that are subject to systemic injustice, it is an attempt to counter the base assumptions that they are inherently inferior in some way. It's a very deliberate attempt to alter the very culture.

This happens because many people think racism is a bad thing. I know, that makes us "regressive" liberals who are committing "white genocide," right?

Well, in the case of marginalized groups that are subject to systemic injustice, it is an attempt to counter the base assumptions that they are inherently inferior in some way. It's a very deliberate attempt to alter the very culture.

You don't like white racists pointing at black criminals and grouping other black people in with them, so you point at white supremacists saying "political correctness" or "social justice warrior" and group others who use those terms in with them? And you see no hypocrisy in this? Will you next tell us that the Canadian ministry of transportation is evil because Hitler made trains run on time?

You don't like white racists pointing at black criminals and grouping other black people in with them, so you point at white supremacists saying "political correctness" or "social justice warrior" and group others who use those terms in with them? And you see no hypocrisy in this?
There is no hypocrisy in accurately describing people. Underseer explained what he meant. Why do you insist on playing these games?
Will you next tell us that the Canadian ministry of transportation is evil because Hitler made trains run on time?
Resorting to idiotic analogies does not improve your argument.

Also, it wasn't any kind of application of fascist principles which made the trains run on time, it's just that his era coincided with the development of punch card tabulators that led to vast improvements in efficiency.

There is no hypocrisy in accurately describing people.

Lumping everyone who says "Politically correct" or "social justice warrior" in with white supremacists isn't accurately describing either. Nor is it countering the assumption that anyone is inferior. It is committing a category error. It is barefaced prejudice. The kind of bad thinking liberals are supposed to oppose.

There is no hypocrisy in accurately describing people.

Lumping everyone who says "Politically correct" or "social justice warrior" in with white supremacists isn't accurately describing either. Nor is it countering the assumption that anyone is inferior. It is committing a category error. It is barefaced prejudice. The kind of bad thinking liberals are supposed to oppose.
Given your triggered over-reaction, it seems rather accurate.

You don't like white racists pointing at black criminals and grouping other black people in with them, so you point at white supremacists saying "political correctness" or "social justice warrior" and group others who use those terms in with them? And you see no hypocrisy in this? Will you next tell us that the Canadian ministry of transportation is evil because Hitler made trains run on time?

You got me. The racists are right and I am wrong to make fun of the arguments made by racists, which proves that the people who oppose racists are the ones who are wrong and the racists are right.

Since we've established that racists are right and I'm wrong, let me borrow another of your arguments: fuck your feelings, snowflake.

You got me. The racists are right and I am wrong to make fun of the arguments made by racists, which proves that the people who oppose racists are the ones who are wrong and the racists are right.

Since we've established that racists are right and I'm wrong, let me borrow another of your arguments: fuck your feelings, snowflake.

I challenge you to come up with *a single* instance of JollyPenguin every making that argument.

Back
Top Bottom