• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Austria plans compulsory Covid vaccinations for all

Metaphor

Banned
Banned
Austria is to become the first European country to make vaccinations against Covid 19 mandatory, and will go into its fourth nationwide lockdown for at least 10 days from Monday, the chancellor, Alexander Schallenberg, has announced.

The government said it was preparing the legal groundwork for a general vaccine mandate to come into effect from 1 February, with exemptions for those unable to receive a jab on medical grounds.

The age from which people will be required to be vaccinated has not yet been determined, the government said.

Those refusing to be vaccinated are likely to face administrative fines, which can be converted into a prison sentence if the fine cannot be recovered.

Would be great if it was a nasal vaccine with at least the nucleocapsid protein thrown in with the spike protein.

As Bill Gates has said

I like this comment:
We are human beings, not computers. You can’t just release buggy vaccines and then later just keep releasing updates to patch the buggy vaccines.
If these GloboConglomgerates purposefully made half assed waning vaccines that were meh with transmission, I would not at all be surprised. They just get to $ell at lot more.

Most of you fuckers ten years ago used to be HIGHLY skeptical of massive corporations and now you are sucking their dicks. This is pathetic.

If they got paid more for performance they would have an incentive.

And where the hell is the delta vaccine?

Would be great if it was a nasal vaccine with at least the nucleocapsid protein thrown in with the spike protein.

As Bill Gates has said

I like this comment:
We are human beings, not computers. You can’t just release buggy vaccines and then later just keep releasing updates to patch the buggy vaccines.
If these GloboConglomgerates purposefully made half assed waning vaccines that were meh with transmission, I would not at all be surprised. They just get to $ell at lot more.

Most of you fuckers ten years ago used to be HIGHLY skeptical of massive corporations and now you are sucking their dicks. This is pathetic.

Totally agree. Why do we continuously rely on science to make decisions. Outside of the past 3,000 years, when has science been right?

As Bill Gates has said

I like this comment:

Totally agree. Why do we continuously rely on science to make decisions. Outside of the past 3,000 years, when has science been right?

The point is, do you think you could even survive a week without right wing conspiracy theories? Was there ever a time when people didn’t rely on them? Can you say the same about science?

Most of you fuckers ten years ago used to be HIGHLY skeptical of massive corporations and now you are sucking their dicks.
Hey, some of us ARE their dicks.
Get over it.

Alt-Right Patrick Henry said:
Give me Liberty so I can help give someone else death.
Incredible what some people consider freedom these days. Body bags by the hundreds of thousands... but those people's liberty wasn't important.

As Bill Gates has said

I like this comment:

You're being a bit too hyperbolic, but I was thinking largely the same thing the other day. It wasn't that long ago that the left was largely against the very things that they are strongly advocating now, regarding vaccination. The pre-covid anti-vax movement was led by numbskulls like RFK, Jr and lefty Hollywood celebrities like Jenny McCarthy & Jim Carrey and their useful idiots like Oprah who gave them a platform to spew their crap. Anti-vax was also largely the domain of morons and white liberal elite enclaves in Marin County, CA as well as Oregon (in particular, Ashland). Not to mention all the constant ranting about the evils of Big Pharma and clinging to slogans like, "My Body, My Choice". And LOTS of distrust of genetic engineering and GMOs (instead embracing all things natural and organic regarding food and medicine), which is fundamental to the development of these life saving vaccines. Its like all that has gone out the window in a flash in a complete 180 degree shift. Its just all very odd.

Its like all that has gone out the window in a flash in a complete 180 degree shift. Its just all very odd.
Without suggesting I support all that,
having a completely different opinion when information and circumstances change is more than reasonable, it's an intelligent response.
Tom

Its like all that has gone out the window in a flash in a complete 180 degree shift. Its just all very odd.
Without suggesting I support all that,
having a completely different opinion when information and circumstances change is more than reasonable, it's an intelligent response.
Tom
I agree. The change in perspective by the left about vaccination has largely been for the good. Whether it was driven by acknowledgement and acceptance of the science, I'm not so sure. Sadly, I think its at least somewhat driven by wanting to differentiate themselves from changing views by the right.

I agree. The change in perspective by the left about vaccination has largely been for the good. Whether it was driven by acknowledgement and acceptance of the science, I'm not so sure. Sadly, I think its at least somewhat driven by wanting to differentiate themselves from changing views by the right.
This still doesn't make any sense to me. Who are these "leftists" who opposed vaccination?
Am I a leftist? I'm a straight ticket Democrat voter. I've never opposed vaccination. Quite the contrary, I've donated money to a Catholic organization that sponsors vaccination clinics for underprivileged kids in public schools.
Tom

As Bill Gates has said

I like this comment:

You're being a bit too hyperbolic, but I was thinking largely the same thing the other day. It wasn't that long ago that the left was largely against the very things that they are strongly advocating now, regarding vaccination. The pre-covid anti-vax movement was led by numbskulls like RFK, Jr and lefty Hollywood celebrities like Jenny McCarthy & Jim Carrey and their useful idiots like Oprah who gave them a platform to spew their crap. Anti-vax was also largely the domain of morons and white liberal elite enclaves in Marin County, CA as well as Oregon (in particular, Ashland). Not to mention all the constant ranting about the evils of Big Pharma and clinging to slogans like, "My Body, My Choice". And LOTS of distrust of genetic engineering and GMOs (instead embracing all things natural and organic regarding food and medicine), which is fundamental to the development of these life saving vaccines. Its like all that has gone out the window in a flash in a complete 180 degree shift. Its just all very odd.

… funny. I don’t recall any Lib’ruls advocating for smallpox, polio, rubella et al.
Even when I lived in Sausalito. Also lived in San Anselmo, but they weren’t doing the Right Wing Moron dance there either.
I don’t consider Lucy in the Sky to be representative of liberalism.

Bill Gates is a college drop out who made good. When did he become an authority on health issues?

In the United States, the antivaxxer crowd has a lot of overlap with the reactionary Trump supporter base. As for Hollywood celebrities, that group includes Ronald Reagan and Charlton Heston. At this point in time, anyone in the US who wants a vaccine can get one. This has created a strange statistical pattern. Covid19 infections and deaths have moved out of urban centers and into rural communities. There is a direct correlation between the death rate per 100K, and the percentage of Trump's votes in the last election. This can be drawn down to individual voting precincts and the pattern holds true. As the overall death rate falls, the remaining deaths are concentrated in conservative voting districts.

This may be ironic, or it maybe the thing people think is ironic, but in November of 2021, the antivaxxers and the vaccine hesitant are contributing to the deaths of their own numbers. As this pattern become more stark, among the general public, anxiety over the unvaccinated is falling. The fastest way to create apathy over a health issue is to confine it to a small group. This works much faster if the health issue begins to look life a self inflicted wound.

As Bill Gates has said

I like this comment:

… funny. I don’t recall any Lib’ruls advocating for smallpox, polio, rubella et al.
Even when I lived in Sausalito. Also lived in San Anselmo, but they weren’t doing the Right Wing Moron dance there either.
I don’t consider Lucy in the Sky to be representative of liberalism.

Marin County (pre-covid anyway) had one of the, if not the lowest, vaccination rates in the country for just the basic vaccinations that kids get (particularly MMR), despite it being also one of the wealthiest counties. A lot of the ant-vax nuttery comes from West Marin, like Bolinas and Inverness. I have had many relatives live in that area over the years, so I know the kookiness. There was a rumor going around Bolinas that the MMR vaccine was made with monkey vomit! :ROFLMAO:

Marin County (pre-covid anyway) had one of the, if not the lowest, vaccination rates in the country for just the basic vaccinations that kids get (particularly MMR), despite it being also one of the wealthiest counties. A lot of the ant-vax nuttery comes from West Marin, like Bolinas and Inverness. I have had many relatives live in that area over the years, so I know the kookiness. There was a rumor going around Bolinas that the MMR vaccine was made with monkey vomit! :ROFLMAO:
Maybe the problem is that you're looking at one, comparatively tiny, community. Most of us are talking about much larger groups, like political parties and states and countries.

I've never even heard of Bolinas. Marin Cty, just barely. I don't care what the residents get up to as much as the TeaPartiers claiming that Ivermectrin is safe and effective, but Moderna vaccination is dangerous.
Tom

A lot of the ant-vax nuttery comes from West Marin, like Bolinas and Inverness. I have had many relatives live in that area over the years, so I know the kookiness. There was a rumor going around Bolinas that the MMR vaccine was made with monkey vomit! :ROFLMAO:
I guess we should be unconcerned then. When an outpost like Bolinas (pop around 1k) is the center of something, that something is basically nothing. (Inverness is not much, if any larger).
Bolinas is also the seaweed Capitol of West Marin. :)
Lovely place though - I always enjoyed it.

Wondering about the monkey vomit rumor “going around”. How long does it take a rumor to circulate among a thousand people all living within a few hundred yards of each other? Like… three days?

So a conservative government in a country that embraced Nazis institutes a covid vaccination mandate. Why is this noteworthy?

I want better vaccines and that makes me antivax?

I want to make sure that Pfizer and the rest face competition from better vaccines (not relying on market position and regulatory capture) or at least an impetus to make them or buy out a startup with a good one for stopping transmission.

As Bill Gates has said

I like this comment:

Ooooh. Scary

It looks like you are taking two wonko celebrities and claiming all people on the left politically are identical to them. Would you like help with that?
13EA6C93-4997-47F2-8353-2F1665D6CCF5.jpeg

It does if you're refusing what is available and capable of reaching herd immunity for everyone's benefit, and continuing to spread C19 until a vaccine you deem "better" comes along.
Tom

It does if you're refusing what is available and capable of reaching herd immunity for everyone's benefit, and continuing to spread C19 until a vaccine you deem "better" comes along.
Tom
Pretty sure he has stated previously that he is fully vaxxed - looking for additional routes for the rest of the population.

Back
Top Bottom