• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bannon removed from National Security Council?

Artemus

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist and general cynic
ABCnews.com has a breaking-news ribbon that claims a "senior administration official" says Steve Bannon was removed from the National Security Council. No story up yet.

Can't wait to see what happened. :eating_popcorn:

Bloomberg has the original report. White House claims that Bannon was brought on in part to monitor Flynn and is no longer needed with other changes on the Council. Somehow I suspect that there is a lot more to the story.:D

This would imply Priebus / establishment won.
Bloomberg has the original report. White House claims that Bannon was brought on in part to monitor Flynn and is no longer needed with other changes on the Council. Somehow I suspect that there is a lot more to the story.:D
They put Bannon on the council to watch Flynn. Yes, I can totally believe they put a television producer into the Principals group to watch their first National Security Advisor. I mean, seriously, are we supposed to find that comforting in some way, that:

1) They named a guy to the NSA position, but didn't trust him
and

2) Put some newb in charge of watching him.
when
3) It was learned that Flynn "lied to VP Pence" they did nothing about it?!

This is the worst lying administration in our history.

Wow...as the toilet bowl swirls...another one sloshes into the swamp.

I saw that, but couldn't really make head nor tail of it. Is there any substantive difference now that Breitbart is no longer ostensibly in charge of National Security? Is it all about "optics" (my new least favorite word)?
Bannon is still the only person outside of the immediate family that Cheato trusts. Or is that no longer the case either?

So many lies, so much deception - the chances of anyone ever figuring out WTF these incompetent morons are up to, are slim and none. Especially since there is a Republican Congress colluding with them to keep the US electorate in the dark.

It may be something or nothing at all. None of it makes sense, but that's the norm with Trump. Maybe it creates just one more goon in Bannon who's going to sing like a canary when the Russia-collusion controversy is finally brought out into the open.

Oh well, this is what Trump fans voted for: an outsider with no experience. And they're getting their vote's worth.

I think this is a case for Captain Obvious. McMaster did not want Bannon at the table and he has to go.

I think this is a case for Captain Obvious. McMaster did not want Bannon at the table and he has to go.

Bannon has (or had) more influence than McMaster. McMaster wanted Ezra Cohen-Watnick out, but Bannon successfully intervened to keep him.

I wonder if this move against Bannon is related to the shift on Syria.

-Edited to correct autocorrect errors.

Last edited:
It all makes sense when you consider that Trump is finally, dimmly sensing he's in over his head. Things aren't going well, and those that have gotten him through the election aren't fairing so well in real life governance. Trump loves, craves and needs love from the public, and he's trying to figure out why his numbers are so low, even for "fake news". By all reports, Bannon got himself put onto the security council on the sly. Mattis is making his presence known as really, the only one there that knows what the fuck he's doing. I expect Mattis' presence is pretty dominatable, and Trump will latch onto him more and more for advice. Matts had no time for Bannon's bullshit, and made it his mission to get the Security Council back to what it should be - and that's exactly what's happened.

It all makes sense when you consider that Trump is finally, dimmly sensing he's in over his head. Things aren't going well, and those that have gotten him through the election aren't fairing so well in real life governance. Trump loves, craves and needs love from the public, and he's trying to figure out why his numbers are so low, even for "fake news". By all reports, Bannon got himself put onto the security council on the sly. Mattis is making his presence known as really, the only one there that knows what the fuck he's doing. I expect Mattis' presence is pretty dominatable, and Trump will latch onto him more and more for advice. Matts had no time for Bannon's bullshit, and made it his mission to get the Security Council back to what it should be - and that's exactly what's happened.

There is an establishment of money and power in the US that is bigger than Trump.

This establishment simply will not put up with people like Bannon making decisions about the security of their domestic wealth and overseas investments. What is called "national" security.

The one thing to keep in perspective is that Bannon is no longer a Principal, which still is a notable deal, however, he still remains the chief political advisor to the President. I'm not going to be happy until they put a lock on the chest his stuffed in and dumped overboard in the middle of the Atlantic... or Pacific. They could put little holes in the chest to help give him air.

There is an establishment of money and power in the US that is bigger than Trump.

This establishment simply will not put up with people like Bannon making decisions about the security of their domestic wealth and overseas investments. What is called "national" security.

And many of them have deep ties to and in Israel.

And many of them have deep ties to and in Israel.
McMaster is on the Principal group and he is open mouthed with any problems he has, such as a fucking idiot being on the Principals. McMaster was the reason Bannon was kicked from the group because he had no business being in the group in the first place! It had nothing to do with the imaginary five jew bankers that hide under your bed at night.

No matter how Trump rearranges the deck chairs on his Titanic Cabinet of Rogues, I still suspect he will be out in about six months. He simply is and has always been incompetent. With all his braggadocio he is also probably impotent. Look the guy is 70 and he never got up to speed as a human in all that time. I doubt I have ever heard him say a single good thing in all the time I have seen him on the public scene. He is an aggressor without an agenda...aggression for aggression's sake. It never works out well. Perhaps if we are lucky we can avoid a nuclear war or more people starving in the streets if we get him out of there fast.

Per Salon, it seems that Kushner got Banner removed and now Breitbart is doing a character assassination on him (Kushner). I'd find this hilarious if these people weren't in charge of the whole f***ing country.

So what is a son in law, who is not extremely qualified otherwise, even doing as an advisor?

At any rate, Kushner will get his crack at being a younger, non alcoholic Grima Wormtongue to Trump's Theoden. There will be no Gandalf though :(

My suspicion: Bannon was giving the other NSCers nightmares. Literal nightmares. They would see that crinkly face with the Bond villain combover feasting on intestines. They would thrash in their sleep, shriek, and end up tweeting Trump at 3 a.m., which interfered with dear leader's own tweeting responsibilities. This won't come out definitively until the next big leak -- say, this weekend.

So what is a son in law, who is not extremely qualified otherwise, even doing as an advisor?
Kuschner isn't a person who attends Principal meetings.

- - - Updated - - -

Per Salon, it seems that Kushner got Banner removed and now Breitbart is doing a character assassination on him (Kushner). I'd find this hilarious if these people weren't in charge of the whole f***ing country.
Yeah, both of these people are positions of power they have absolutely no business handling.

Back
Top Bottom