• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Barr: SCROTUS's tweets "make it impossible for me to do my job"

I'm going to disagree here. Trolling requires a conscious and deliberate effort. If you look at the people Half-life admires/worships/emulates (Shapiro, Knowles, Crowder etc) that is how they argue. Deflect, then distort, then whatabouts then use hypothetical "Let's say"*. Claim to be about the facts then use the most emotionally charged arguments possible. Half-life "debates" like this because he is ignorant of any other technique. A 17 year old who buys a Fisher Price "My First Political Opinion" and then goes around on a mission to preach to the uncivilized isn't a troll. Annoying, yes. But not a troll. A 17 year old who spouts shit to garner a reaction is. Half-life is the former, not the latter. Characteristics of Troll, but minus the intent. For me at least, that's an important distinction.

Oh, I think the intent is entirely there, and here's why:

If we're being honest, this forum is not exactly a hotbed of internet discussion. It's a very small community, and I doubt that the Shapiro's of the world even know it exists. As such, it's a place where a young and inexperienced troll wannabe can test their efforts. Halfie would get eaten alive on a larger platform, so he comes here to hone his craft. Are the arguments he makes juvenile and elementary? Sure, but on this forum he doesn't risk being shot down by hundreds or thousands of people. This is - to use right wing terms - a "safe space."

Most of us are here to engage in serious discussion. Even those I strongly disagree with seem to grasp that. Not our intrepid interloper. He's here to throw stale arguments out and claim "I owned the libs/atheists," and to my recollection has not presented a serious argument. It's all designed to elicit a reaction, and by responding, we're feeding the kid.

I think you guys are mistaken. I see it all the time on youtube. If I am on a Christian channel an atheist comes in to debate in the comments, they get called a troll and told to leave. If I go to an atheist channel, the Christians who show up for debate are called trolls and told to leave. If I go on a leftist channel, the conservatives who show up to debate are called trolls and told to leave. If I go on a conservative channel, the leftists that show up to debate get called trolls and told to leave.

What can we surmise from this? That every opposite opinion is a troll? I don't think so. People in their echo chambers don't like to be challenged. That's what I get from it.

What can we surmise from this? That every opposite opinion is a troll? I don't think so. People in their echo chambers don't like to be challenged. That's what I get from it.
Um, people have identified the things you do that make them call you a troll. Disagreement is not one of them, but it's the only charge you will address.
Strawman arguments like tgat? Part of the reasons....

Um, people have identified the things you do that make them call you a troll. Disagreement is not one of them, but it's the only charge you will address.

Say whatever you want, but I disagree.

Say whatever you want, but I disagree.
Case. In. Fucking. Point.

Seriously, just insist you're right, no evidence for, completely ignore arguments against, pretend your side is at least as well represented as any other.

Like, tell us again how Jesus told you to hate gays?
Tell us how you can ignore the opinions of coward leftists who never served?
Tell us how lying under oath is bad, but felony election tampering is a President's job?

How many Democrats among the original 4 Prosecutors, Halfie?

As Rachel Maddow is now explaining that the sentence asked for is standard federal guideline that has virtually never been reduced without the defendant cooperating with the investigation.

One of the reasons Stone finds himself in this predicament is the "mandatory sentencing guidelines" which conservatives have pushed and applauded over the past 50 years.

How many Democrats among the original 4 Prosecutors, Halfie?

As Rachel Maddow is now explaining that the sentence asked for is standard federal guideline that has virtually never been reduced without the defendant cooperating with the investigation.

One of the reasons Stone finds himself in this predicament is the "mandatory sentencing guidelines" which conservatives have pushed and applauded over the past 50 years.
Yep. Years and years of 'activist judges' letting criminals go free, now they fear a (liberal?) judge might actually send a criminal to jail! The horror!

I think you guys are mistaken. I see it all the time on youtube. If I am on a Christian channel an atheist comes in to debate in the comments, they get called a troll and told to leave. If I go to an atheist channel, the Christians who show up for debate are called trolls and told to leave. If I go on a leftist channel, the conservatives who show up to debate are called trolls and told to leave. If I go on a conservative channel, the leftists that show up to debate get called trolls and told to leave.

I'd like to revise my previous statement.

Let's see if I can spell this out. I have zero fucks that you disagree with me or have values that are an anathema to me. In fact, I would be concerned if you and I agree on anything. My issues with your arguments are the following:
- a severe lack of sourcing assertions then refusing to follow up when asked, like here, here and here. And if you think they are the only examples of you "disagreeing" this way, you are very, very, very mistaken
- absurd stawman arguments based on what you perceive is a typical leftist, despite no one exhibiting the qualities you rail against
- an inability to argue what is being discussed and going off on tangents to the extent you have your own thread for segways
- an inability to realize youtube comments should never be used to justify fucking anything

That you disagree is not an issue. That you use only the above techniques for your arguments is. If that's how you want to argue, conclusions will be made about you. Just saying.

Hope this helps.

Trump epitomises the Republican base. The average Republican voter who has spent decades listening to AM radio and FOX news emulate Trump's attitudes perfectly. So going against Trump requires the average Republican politician to take a giant shit on their base. Very, very few are prepared to do that.

Ah, so that's the reason the Dems didn't want to impeach Obama? Interesting. They would be taking a giant shit on his Dem base.

We've asked you this before and you've yet to provide any sort of serious answer. What did Obama do to warrant impeachment?

He was neither white nor Republican. Either is an adequate reason in their mind.

Back
Top Bottom