• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Because Anti-Muslim Bigotry, Islamophobia

NightSky

Basic Beliefs
Undisclosed
I know that reasonable peoples do not deny that anti-Muslim bigotry, Islamophobia, whatever-you-want-to-call of that nature, exists. Yet I have seen intelligent people do a combination of mind and verbal contortions to deny that very reality in the face of evidence to the contrary; this is going to be my small effort at highlighting why this myopia is so unintelligent and unreasonable.

June 18, 2017: Van hits worshippers outside mosque in London's Finsbury Park
Several pedestrians have been injured after being hit by a van in a "major incident" near a mosque in London.

Witnesses said the vehicle veered off the road into worshippers leaving prayers in Finsbury Park shortly after midnight.

“From the window, I started hearing a lot of yelling and screeching, a lot of chaos outside," a woman who lives opposite the scene told the BBC.

[continued...]

Peace.

June 18, 2017: Missing Muslim Teen Found Dead Near Mosque, Suspect In Custody
A Fiarfax County, Virginia teen, known as Nabra, has been found dead after going missing following a reported dispute with a male suspect.

The 17-year-old’s remains were found in a pond near Drainsville Road and Woodson Drive in Herndon, Virginia—a baseball bat was also found nearby and collected as evidence.

According to police, the Muslim victim was walking with friends to a Mosque when she got into some sort of a dispute with a man driving a car. The man got out of the vehicle and proceeded to assault the victim.

When her friends could not find her, officers began an extensive search. One officer saw a car driving suspiciously in the area and conducted a traffic stop.

The driver, Darwin Martinez Torres, 22, of Sterling, has been charged with murder.

Peace.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VizE5AHl49U[/YOUTUBE]

Peace.

And what about the anti-kafir bigotry, cuck?

I'm a woman. I think people keep presuming I'm a man for some reason on this board. So the label of "cuck" is inapplicable here. I'm against bigotry in general of all kinds, though again I'm not sure why this should be relevant. Also, I'm not sure why my highlighting the issue of anti-Muslim bigotry should win me a whataboutism.

Peace.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeIyz3BkeoU[/YOUTUBE]

Peace.

Radical Islam is something to oppose.

But how has it become such a problem?

Leading the way is the crazy dictatorship of Saudi Arabia, which has been supported by Britain and the US for over a century. It has been spreading radical Islam for decades.

Next is the religious state of Iran. A nation secular in the 1950's but turned into a radical Islamic nation through the criminal stupidity and greed of once again Britain and the US.

But most importantly right now is the US terrorist attack of Iraq with it's criminal accomplice Britain..

These three factors have led to widespread Islamic radicalism.

In other words it is mainly a result of western meddling and violence. And most specifically meddling by Britain and the US.

And everybody in the world understands this except Americans.

OP, is this what civil war looks like? maybe so

OP, is this what civil war looks like? maybe so

Thank you for your question.

No, I don't think it is civil war or that is what civil war looks like.

I think these incidents are the specific consequences of normalizing anti-Muslim bigotry and Islamophobia coming to leave a calling card just as in the Regency, Georgian, or Victoria era guests used to leave a calling card in the homes of the people they were visiting to identify themselves.

I don't know if you remember, but there was an act of terrorism that Alexandre Bissonnette committed against the Quebec mosque worshipers sometime in January of 2017. There's a reason for why such instances keep happening. Anti-Muslim bigotry and Islamophobia are, in our modern day, the last acceptable forms of prejudice that exist, and I think these must be challenged on its face because there is a tendency to buy into all kinds of fallacious theories about Muslims and so killing a Muslim or using hate speech to denigrate Muslims is not regarded as out of step given the current political climate in which it is made all right to regard Muslims as either subversive, evil, or iniquitous. And what makes this, at least from my side, even more unacceptable is that I am seeing liberals now coming out with that same types of fallacious reasoning to try to justify those same types of prejudice that liberalism is supposed to specifically take a stand against given that liberalism is not about tribalism and stands against any injustice or marginalization of a group based on association fallacy.

By the way, if there would be a civil war that would happen, though rather unlikely, I do think it would (if such a scenario can be imagined to come to pass) happen between liberals and conservatives in the U.S. after a radical Islamic terror attack with conservatives blaming treasonous liberals for even affording Muslims the slightest political protection given that Muslims are supposedly subversive, evil, and iniquitous with President Donald Trump of course being unable to hold back his glee at being proven presumably right and his support base then becoming rabidly seething at any criticism of President Donald Trump as rather anti-American in the vein of "either you're with us or against us" philosophy and seeking to repatriate liberals back to kingdom come for all this odious treason.

Peace.

I wonder if this is related to the Al Quds march yesterday.

I wonder if the attacker will also be jewish along with white. Any other day that would be unlikely, but this was an intense Israel/Palestine protest that may have amped up some terroristic dick on the edge.

As much as people want to know who this guy is, it is better for the police to see if he is part of a cell or group before they release the info.

Next is the religious state of Iran. A nation secular in the 1950's but turned into a radical Islamic nation through the criminal stupidity and greed of once again Britain and the US.

I've worked with 7 Persians (pre-Khomeini) who left Iran around '79. All of them are vehemently anti-religion. They say "we like western Christianity- they don't force you to believe as they do."

I say "they did in the past. Now they are pieces of shit who will mudhole you economically if you don't play their game and you're in a low socioeconomic position." Ohh, I tell that to Christians I meet because it's true. Not right away, of course. But the truth comes out. :D

[ . rant . ]

The thing is, they are fucking idiots (about liking Christianity). Religious leaders are willing to play "good religion, bad religion" to gain a greater share of the pie. The intelligence community elevated an asshole to a position of power to break a rapidly developing nation that would have been an economic powerhouse, if not for the religious actor that was put in charge in order to prevent stability and economic growth in a nation with vast oil reserves.

All religion is inherently evil at its core, even when a fool is using it for good, because all good done in the name of religion is used to subjugate others in the name of that religion.

[video]

I wonder if the attacker will also be jewish along with white.

I'm not sure what happened or why this happened except that I'd been reading on The Daily Mail comments' section from U.K. peoples that something needs to be done about Muslims and the Muslim threat and that if politicians are unwilling or incompetent to do so others might need to take the matter into their own hands. Reading the comments' section, I felt truly that there will be a backlash from regular citizens against Muslims, though of course I could not have predicted exactly this incident, but I'm not surprised that this incident happened because I had been expecting something like this to happen.

It frankly doesn't matter what the religion or the race of the attacker is; I'm more concerned about how U.K. is going to handle this incident.

What frankly needs to happen is that extremists on both sides (Muslim and non-Muslim) need to be identified and publicly shamed and policed better. If extremists on either side are unwilling or unable to stop themselves from killing people, then they have no place in civilized society; and allowance of hate speech under the auspice of free speech is not meant to protect the intolerant from prosecution when "speech" become specific "conduct" that we as a society have no interest in protecting for the general well-being of citizenry who should not have to live in fear of the intolerant.

Peace.

That march needed to be disrupted. And the UK government needs to ban IHRC as agents of a hostile government (Islamic Theocracy of Iran).
The friends of Jezza at that march claimed that the Grenfell Tower fire was due to "Zionists".
Hezbollah Flags Fly at ‘Al Quds Day’ March in London as Islamist Agitators Blame Grenfell Tower Tragedy on ‘Zionists’

Radical Muslims need to be expelled from Europe. Speaking of radical Muslims, the former imam of the Finsbury Park Mosque is one Abu Hamza al-Masri who is currently a resident at ADX Florence due to a conviction on terrorism charges. Shoe bomber Richard Reid attended Finsbury Park as well and he resides at the same fine establishment as his imam.
I wonder if that led to it being targeted by the driver of the white van.
abu-hamza.jpg

Last edited:
And what about the anti-kafir bigotry, cuck?

You do realize that using that avatar, and the 4chan Pepe frog language doesn't earn you points here like it does for your knuckle dragging boards right? If you're going to make a rebuttal, make it. This alt right cowardice bullshit doesn't impress anyone, and there's no one here for you to really signal to. I would recommend you go back to your bubble, where it's safe. Otherwise, you may have to think and put together a coherent argument.

I wonder if the attacker will also be jewish along with white. Any other day that would be unlikely, but this was an intense Israel/Palestine protest that may have amped up some terroristic dick on the edge.

As much as people want to know who this guy is, it is better for the police to see if he is part of a cell or group before they release the info.

Dude, what is with you? You haven't always been like this that I can recall, where is all this anger and fear coming from? Watching you post is like a downward spiral in real time taking place before all our eyes before it has some tragic ending.

Radical Islam is something to oppose.

But how has it become such a problem?

Leading the way is the crazy dictatorship of Saudi Arabia, which has been supported by Britain and the US for over a century. It has been spreading radical Islam for decades.

But most importantly right now is the US terrorist attack of Iraq with it's criminal accomplice Britain..

These three factors have led to widespread Islamic radicalism.

In other words it is mainly a result of western meddling and violence. And most specifically meddling by Britain and the US.

And everybody in the world understands this except Americans.

By removing what we called oppressive leaders, the US and its allies created a vacuum by way of a perfect sewer for the radicals to grow and flourish.

For all his crimes Ghaddafi ensured free education up to University completion, the highest standards of education and living in Africa, free water and special 0% loan schemes for its citizens. Syria is a secular society as was Iraq./s

Whatever perceived and actual problems, it's getting worse as the compound effects of its regime change program are still vibrating around the world.

Islamophobia implies an irrational fear of Islam. There are some irrational fears regarding Islam. Sharia courts are not taking over Toronto for example, despite the hysteria a few years back (mostly from people in the USA who had no real knowledge of what was really going on (arbitration)).

But that said, there is plenty about Islam and about Muslims to be concerned about if you are a secular humanist etc, just as there is plenty to concern you about Christians from the Bible belt.

Islamophobia is a real problem. The oversensitivity to criticism of Islam has become another real problem.

The problem with Islam is the same basic problem with all religious belief, the very foundations of their faith being questionable, the existence of whatever version of God is being accepted as being true and factual , the teachings of holy men, prophets, messianic figures, etc. Instead of being taken on faith, these key elements of religion, any religion, should be carefully examined and questioned. This should not be seen as being Islamophobic.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeIyz3BkeoU[/YOUTUBE]

Peace.

This showing just part of what she said with commentary on that part. She was referring to the 3,000 odd militants who had been going back and forth from the UK to Syrian war zones and to Libya to train with extremists.

Rather than round these people up they should not be let back into the UK. I've worked in the U.A.E. and for sure there are rigid policies on re-entry. Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qatar where I have worked do not tolerate extremism.

The UK was 1,000,000 homes short in 2015 (Builder's Federation Report) so we have difficulty housing anyone.

The UK is giving aid for Syrian refugees abroad
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...-money-for-syrian-refugees-and-host-countries

The figure given here is £1bn pa but I have heard figures in addition to this.

In essence arising out of a direct result of US actions in the Middle East, we have a refugee and security problem.

Back
Top Bottom