• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Because Anti-Muslim Bigotry, Islamophobia

Radical Islam is something to oppose.

But how has it become such a problem?

Leading the way is the crazy dictatorship of Saudi Arabia, which has been supported by Britain and the US for over a century. It has been spreading radical Islam for decades.

Next is the religious state of Iran. A nation secular in the 1950's but turned into a radical Islamic nation through the criminal stupidity and greed of once again Britain and the US.

But most importantly right now is the US terrorist attack of Iraq with it's criminal accomplice Britain..

These three factors have led to widespread Islamic radicalism.

In other words it is mainly a result of western meddling and violence. And most specifically meddling by Britain and the US.

And everybody in the world understands this except Americans.

Don't you mean "this is blowback for the Siege of Vienna?" or something?

And what about the anti-kafir bigotry, cuck?

I'm a woman. I think people keep presuming I'm a man for some reason on this board. So the label of "cuck" is inapplicable here. I'm against bigotry in general of all kinds, though again I'm not sure why this should be relevant. Also, I'm not sure why my highlighting the issue of anti-Muslim bigotry should win me a whataboutism.

Peace.

I'd love to continue our chat about why some beliefs are better for humans to believe than others and why. Ready when you are. :)

There's tons of anti-Muslim bigotry in this "Christian nation" as Christianity and Islam share some basic concepts and tenets that can be shown to be not just irrational, not just corrosive to an individual's mind, but destructive to societies and to the world. This is mainly due to "peaceful moderates," not extremists. The extreme words and acts get the attention, but it's the "peaceful moderates" who provide a society-wide safety zone and place of comfort for extremists. It doesn't matter how much the "peaceful moderates" insist they are the peaceful ones. We know that. That's why it's so easy and comfortable for them to blindly, selfishly, happily serve as cancer cells in a tumor that threatens the entire world.

Islamophobia implies an irrational fear of Islam. There are some irrational fears regarding Islam. Sharia courts are not taking over Toronto for example, despite the hysteria a few years back (mostly from people in the USA who had no real knowledge of what was really going on (arbitration)).

But that said, there is plenty about Islam and about Muslims to be concerned about if you are a secular humanist etc, just as there is plenty to concern you about Christians from the Bible belt.

Islamophobia is a real problem. The oversensitivity to criticism of Islam has become another real problem.

In agreeing with you some have a fear of Americans, but it's just a few politicians and troops working for regime change. Some fear Islam but really it should be some Islamists

Radical Islam is something to oppose.

But how has it become such a problem?

Leading the way is the crazy dictatorship of Saudi Arabia, which has been supported by Britain and the US for over a century. It has been spreading radical Islam for decades.

Next is the religious state of Iran. A nation secular in the 1950's but turned into a radical Islamic nation through the criminal stupidity and greed of once again Britain and the US.

But most importantly right now is the US terrorist attack of Iraq with it's criminal accomplice Britain..

These three factors have led to widespread Islamic radicalism.

In other words it is mainly a result of western meddling and violence. And most specifically meddling by Britain and the US.

And everybody in the world understands this except Americans.

Saudi Arabia exist NOW and has continually existed for decades.

Iran exists now and has continually existed for decades.

The US attack of Iraq is still a raging war, in the form of ISIS and those opposed to it.

Just because the US ran away after creating ISIS does not by some magic make ISIS not a responsibility of the US.

Your comment is insane.

The US attack of Iraq is still a raging war, in the form of ISIS and those opposed to it.

Just because the US ran away after creating ISIS does not by some magic make ISIS not a responsibility of the US.

Your comment is insane.

Hmm, I seem to recall you citing predictable and inevitable "blowback" as a motivation for these sort of attacks in the past.

Must have been someone else.

Your comment is insane.

Hmm, I seem to recall you citing predictable and inevitable "blowback" as a motivation for these sort of attacks in the past.

Maybe some lunatic that still remembers "the Siege of Vienna" is angry?

But asking if ISIS is angry is insane.

But surely they remember the attack in Manchester a few weeks ago? The one on London bridge? Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...

But surely they remember the attack in Manchester a few weeks ago? The one on London bridge? Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...

What exactly do we say about random scattered crimes?

There are certainly things to say about a carefully planned and massive terrorist attack of Iraq by the US and then a ten year occupation.

And the aftermath in the form of ISIS we are still dealing with.

There are certainly things to say about a carefully planned and massive terrorist attack of Iraq by the US and then a ten year occupation.

So, only certain kinds of attacks cause inevitable and understandable blowback?

So, only certain kinds of attacks cause inevitable and understandable blowback?

Blowback comes from people massively attacked.

Not by people randomly murdered. That happens everywhere everyday.

In the US it happens way more times with hand guns than anywhere else.

And what about the anti-kafir bigotry, cuck?

I'm a woman. I think people keep presuming I'm a man for some reason on this board. So the label of "cuck" is inapplicable here. I'm against bigotry in general of all kinds, though again I'm not sure why this should be relevant. Also, I'm not sure why my highlighting the issue of anti-Muslim bigotry should win me a whataboutism.

Peace.

Nowadays with the rise of LBGT sometimes the best looking women are men :)

Suspect is 47 year old Darren Osbourne of Cardiff, Wales.

Has iolo posted anything since the attack? He is from around Cardiff, isn't he?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a woman. I think people keep presuming I'm a man for some reason on this board.
Well to be fair, nobody can tell just who is hiding under that Muslim garb.
305559Image1.jpg

Has iolo posted anything since the attack? He is from around Cardiff, isn't he?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a woman. I think people keep presuming I'm a man for some reason on this board.
Well to be fair, nobody can tell just who is hiding under that Muslim garb.
305559Image1.jpg

Well, there are a few skimpy dressed women who have something extra hidden away.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VizE5AHl49U[/YOUTUBE]

Peace.

Before blaming the Saudis I suggest you consider what lead up to this--namely, an Iran-backed takeover. Why don't you blame the side that plunged it into a civil war?

By removing what we called oppressive leaders, the US and its allies created a vacuum by way of a perfect sewer for the radicals to grow and flourish.

For all his crimes Ghaddafi ensured free education up to University completion, the highest standards of education and living in Africa, free water and special 0% loan schemes for its citizens. Syria is a secular society as was Iraq./s

Whatever perceived and actual problems, it's getting worse as the compound effects of its regime change program are still vibrating around the world.

Note that we only went after Ghaddafi after things there had already gone to shit. The army wouldn't put down the protests anymore so he was bringing in mercenaries to kill the people. What good he did before doesn't mean he was doing good at the time we intervened.

Likewise, with Syria, we didn't get involved until things had already gone to shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Islamophobia implies an irrational fear of Islam. There are some irrational fears regarding Islam. Sharia courts are not taking over Toronto for example, despite the hysteria a few years back (mostly from people in the USA who had no real knowledge of what was really going on (arbitration)).

The problem is that a good Muslim will go to the Sharia arbitration rather than the court--and thus get screwed if female. If it were truly a free choice I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I know that reasonable peoples do not deny that anti-Muslim bigotry, Islamophobia, whatever-you-want-to-call of that nature, exists. Yet I have seen intelligent people do a combination of mind and verbal contortions to deny that very reality in the face of evidence to the contrary; this is going to be my small effort at highlighting why this myopia is so unintelligent and unreasonable.

June 18, 2017: Van hits worshippers outside mosque in London's Finsbury Park
Several pedestrians have been injured after being hit by a van in a "major incident" near a mosque in London.

Witnesses said the vehicle veered off the road into worshippers leaving prayers in Finsbury Park shortly after midnight.

“From the window, I started hearing a lot of yelling and screeching, a lot of chaos outside," a woman who lives opposite the scene told the BBC.

[continued...]

Peace.

Not to deny that it exists, but posting a small number of incidents doesn't prove much, that's no better than Derec's sketchy m.o. Unless you are only trying to prove it has occurred at least once, but what for? Hate crime stats would be better evidence.

You should also choose your examples more carefully since, for example, that missing Muslim teen story doesn't say anything about the motive of the perp. I hope you're not arguing that any crime against a Muslim must be out of bigotry.

Back
Top Bottom