• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biblical Game fails to make Kickstarter Goal, Developers blame Satan

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/25/5496396/abraham-game-makers-believe-they-are-in-a-fight-with-satan
Phoenix Interactive set out to make an open-world RPG set in Biblical times, where the player would follow along with the story of Abraham. When they failed to meet their Kickstarter goal of $100,000, they knew it could only be for one reason: Satan didn't want the game to get made.

Ce2Ou0O.gif

This is very surprising. The great value of the religious right to the GOP is their ability to raise large amounts of money in a very short time. If this gang can't come up with $100K, it sounds like their real problem is with their community, not the debble.

The sort of communist crowd-sourcing that Kickstarter utilizes is anathema to the lessons Jesus taught about the righteousness of capitalism, and pulling oneself up by one's bootstraps. No wonder it failed.

Maybe closed-mindedness and creativity are incompatible with each other.
Well, looking at Christain games, Christain comics, Jack Chick's comics, Christain attempts to parody the Simpsons, Christain attempts to make a board game that parodies evolution, Kirk Cameron's... um, life, Christain books about life after the Rapture...

It's not close-mindedness that's the problem. It's the fact that you can either be entertaining, or you can send a very clearn and unmistakeable message.

There's a REASON that theatre people say, 'if you want to send a message, use Western Union.'

This is very surprising. The great value of the religious right to the GOP is their ability to raise large amounts of money in a very short time. If this gang can't come up with $100K, it sounds like their real problem is with their community, not the debble.

They blew their wad recreating Noah's ark.

Maybe closed-mindedness and creativity are incompatible with each other.
I believe exactly that. A while back there was a thread on frdb about some conservatives wanting more representation in popular media, particularly comedy. I wholeheartedly supported the idea since, if a conservative mind can become creative and funny, it would be a lot less conservative. That is, IF a conservative mind could figure out creative thinking to begin with... lol

By chance, here is John Cleese on creativity expressing the same view, that closed thinking is not conducive to creativity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU5x1Ea7NjQ

Nah. That can't be it.
God created the heavens and the earth and I am made in the image of God therefore I am creative.
Then what is it?
What could it be?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Qfbrc1jdo
Well, of course. lol

I'm starting to think of the Satan concept as representing fear of our creative nature. Well, also a convenient excuse to not exercise one's own conscience...

If I were Satan, a crappy video game which mangles important Biblical figures and generates apathy and disinterest towards them would be the kind of thing I'd help instead of hinder.

Remember, sometimes God's answer is "no". apparently this is one of those times. Game sounded about as fun as a fart in a space suit if ya ask me anyway...

Well of course their Kickstarter campaign failed. Didn't anyone tell them that the Internet is powered by witchcraft? If they want to make a Christian game, they should do it without computers! ;)

By chance, here is John Cleese on creativity expressing the same view, that closed thinking is not conducive to creativity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU5x1Ea7NjQ

It's a shame. Children start out curious and creative and we educate it right out of them.
Here is another video, a TED Talk by Ken Robinson: How Schools Kill Creativity. Informative and he's got a pretty good sense of humor.
The US public education system has been stripped down and too often I think the mindset of parents is to steer our children toward careers that create income rather than letting them pursue what interest them. Hell, it doesn't take much for a student to figure out if you want a house full of pointless crap like everyone else, you'd better pursue a career that will finance it. So we have more people with degrees than ever before and more kids living at home with mom and dad (or moving back) longer than ever before. Causation or coincidence? I couldn't say for sure but we can't blame Barrack Obama indefinitely.

Comes a time when godawful crap as in the op may be the best we can do.

And thank you hylidae.

Back
Top Bottom